“A very nice boutique hotel. Highly Recommended.”

Diamond D'Angkor Boutique
Ranked #25 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 7 March 2014

A great boutique hotel with great value for money including free laundry, breakfast, tuk tuk to Angkor Vat complex, airport transfers, and a dinner. Great location close to Pub Street and main market.

Very nice service and friendly and helpful staff.

Highly recommended as a hotel to stay in, and I would certainly visit again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Zyx007
Diamond D'angko... B, General Manager at Diamond D'Angkor Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Zyx007,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about your recent visit. I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations, and made your stay with a memorable one.
I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Diamond D’angkor Boutique in the near future. And thank you for your highly recommended.
Yours sincerely,

Sokhemra KHOUN (MR.)

Reviewed 28 February 2014

It is a great hotel. They provide free airport transfer and free Tuktuk during our 4 nights stay. They also provide a local mobile phone for you to contact the Tuktuk driver and hotel staff easily. This let you to have a peace of mind during your entire travelling. All hotel staff and hotel manager are very friendly and warm. My husband and I would like to special thank you the General Manager and David and our Tuktuk Driver, Samet. Samet always pay attention to us and found us immediately when we visited the Angkor temples although he need to wait for very long time. Angkor temples is a very big place and always huge crowds of people. Everytime when we come out from the temples and he could see us within 5 seconds. It is really amzaing! If you want to travel to Angkor, just buy the air ticket and stay in this lovely hotel. They can provide everything you want during travelling that a local tours can provide. Finally we would like to specially thank you for the cock who is the "hotel morning call staff" and wake up us everyday at around 6:00am. We could visit the Angkor with no delay every morning. We will highly recommend to our friends when they travel to Angor.

Room Tip: Every room is good
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank sunartltd

Dear sunartltd,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind words following your recent stay with us at Diamond D’angkor Boutique. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service that we offer. I'll shared your feedback with my team. we are proud to have such a great team like them. Regret to hear your real feedback about the cock next door who woke you up every morning.
Please do come back and see us soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I would like to say a big thanks to the service staff at Diamond D'Angkor Hotel for their great service, which made this stay memorable for my friend and I. We stayed for 3 nights while visiting the temples and the town area.

The location of this hotel is pretty good - near the night market. Although, Siem Reap is not a big place so it is easy and fast to get to the other side of town by Tuktuk. The hotel provided free Tuktuk service for our entire stay, so it was great as we traveled to the Angkor temples using Tuktuk on the first day, and splurged more by hiring a car with driver on our second day going to temples further out like Banteay Srei which is about 40mins away from the town.

The most memorable things about this hotel is the seemingly little things that most big hotels don't do - such as providing us with a local handphone during our stay, which was useful as I was able to call my local tour guide and the tuktuk drivers who were always so ready to drive us back to the hotel from anywhere.

The food is nothing too special, but it was the service that made the difference. The smiles and morning greetings from the staff, and their attentive service. I would say that the hotel staff really make the effort to ensure that their guests have a comfortable stay. On the second night, one of the light bulbs in our room blew out and the service staff were there to change right away.

Although I could have stayed in other more luxurious hotels during my trip, I don't regret choosing Diamond D'Angkor, especially since it is a hotel that is opened and run by locals, rather than the larger luxurious hotels which are mostly run by foreigners. Truly a place that you can experience some genuine Cambodian hospitality. I clearly remember the Hotel's supervisor, Mr A Bean, who was always so patient and helpful in giving us tips traveling in Siem Reap, and always so warm and friendly to us.

Overall, a place I would recommend. However, if you want to explore the temples or hire a car or personal tour guide during your trip, it would be better off to engage external parties as the hotel marks up the prices for car hires and tour guides. Their charges go up to USD45 for a one-day car rental to go to temples that are further out from the town, and they had charged us USD40 for a tour guide when the market rate for a local tour guide (speaking English, other languages may charge differently) is about USD25 per day.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are more convenient as the hotel does not have a lift.
Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CherieLeong

Dear CherieLeong,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Diamond D'angkor Boutique during trip to Angkor Wat. Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a review.
I am so pleased to read all your comments and to know that we helped to make your stay special with memorable one .Thank you especially for your kind words regarding our staff. Concerning to price for tours guide it was our standard price which listed at front desk, and most of them have work as many years experience about the history of Angkor with big compliment from most of our residents.
Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Siem Reap Cambodia.
With my best wishes

Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel was perfect for us. The price was reasonable... particularly in light of the service we received. We had someone waiting for us to pick us up at the airport. When we arrived, they handed us a cellphone to use in case we got lost or needed them in any way. The food in the restaurant was great, they were able to arrange a wonderful English Speaking guide at short notice (Mr. Chhin was friendly and knowledgeable). We were pampered from the time we arrived until the time we left.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DeeDee W

Dear DeeDee W,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site for us and I am delighted that you found the hotel to be the perfect blend of convenience, and excellent service, great location and wonderful to hear all nice words mentions.
I am so pleased that your experience was fantastic from beginning to end and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Warm regards,

Sokhemra KHOUN ( Mr.)

Reviewed 22 February 2014

The hotel could not have been better. The staff were so helpful during our 4 night stay. The pool is quiet and very welcome. The location is within a short walk of the centre of town. They arranged our own driver and transport for the duration and did our laundry free.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Andrew M
Diamond D'angko... B, General Manager at Diamond D'Angkor Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Andrew M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about your recent visit.I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Diamond D’angkor Boutique in the near future.

Best regards,
Khemra@diamondangkor.com

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We had the good fortune to stay at the Diamond D'Angkor Boutique Hotel for 8 nights. This is a new hotel which opened within the last 6 months. Our room was nice and spacious, with balcony, next to the pool. The service was outstanding, with very friendly and accommodating staff. I particularly enjoyed the free laundry and free shuttle.
The breakfast buffet was simple, but the food was always very fresh and nicely presented. The coffee was also excellent (I am a coffee drinker...). The hotel location is a few minutes walk to "Pub Street" which is the main restaurant/bar area of Siam Reap.
The Manager was always present and very friendly and helpful.
My wife and I own a Hotel Management company in another country. We fully appreciate the effort required to offer the level of service offered by this charming hotel. I would definitely stay there again!

2  Thank Layover10

Dear Layover10,

I was absolutely delighted to read your review, thank you so much for taking the value time to share your experience. I am really glad you chose to stay with us. We are very fortunate to have such a great team.
Thank you again and I will ensure your review is shared with the entire hotel team.

Will be great to see you again.

Kind Regards,
Sokhemra KHOUN (Mr. )

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We spent 4 nights at the Diamond D'Angkor as part of our honeymoon. The hotel is beautiful, peaceful and very well located, being only a few minutes walk to Pub Street, where you can find an abundance of places to eat and drink. We were upgraded on arrival to a lovely suite with AC, free mini bar and ipad. I can't speak highly enough of the staff at the hotel - our every need was anticipated and the service was outstanding. Mr Bean and Apple at reception were so welcoming and helpful - they even arranged a surprise birthday cake for me, having seen on my passport that it was my birthday on our last day! The hotel has tuk tuk drivers who are on hand to provide transport whenever needed and at no extra charge - we were even given a mobile phone to call the hotel or drivers if we were out and needed picked up or if we'd got lost or needed anything. We spent 2 days visiting the temples at Angkor, and our driver, Mr K, was a fantastic tour guide, recommending places to eat and always having plenty of chilled water and cold towels in his cool box. The Cambodian Land Mine museum and the Phare Cambodian Circus are also well worth seeing. We only ate dinner in the hotel once, but the food was great and the cocktails are not to be missed. Breakfast is very high quality with a great selection of different types of Thai and Western food, and staff prepare omelettes etc. in front of you on request. This is the place to stay in Siem Reap - I can't recommend highly enough. Thank you so much to Mr Bean, Apple and Mr K for making our trip so memorable.

Dear Louise S,

Many Thanks for taking the time to review our boutique. I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and mentioning staff namely Ms. Apple, A Bean & Mr.K about their good work , we are proud to have such a great team definitely we'll share to them.
I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations, and made your honeymoon trip with a memorable one.
We hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Warmest regards