“Very friendly with great service”

Diamond D'Angkor Boutique
Ranked #26 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Tallahassee, Florida
“Very friendly with great service”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Having just stayed at the Peninsula Bangkok prior to this hotel, I was probably a bit spoiled and hard to please. I found the overall experience at this hotel very enjoyable. The rooms were quite basic but kept very clean. What really set this hotel apart was the exceptionally friendly staff and the great service they provided. David who worked at the front desk in the evenings was very personable and went out of his way to make our stay perfect. Having a driver and car included for the duration of our stay as well as the minibar, breakfast, laundry and cellphone was very nice as we felt that we were not being nickeled and dimed all the time like some other hotels.
The only negative experience I had was with the initial airport pickup service. Although I had just received an e-mail that very morning from the hotel confirming my flight and time of arrival and assuring me that their staff would be at the airport to greet me, upon arrival the greeting party was absent. We waited for well over an hour outside the airport, the whole time being pestered by every taxi and tuk tuk driver that passed us. I finally asked one of the other hotel drivers if I could borrow his local cell phone to make a call to my hotel. After the call my driver showed up a few minutes later apologizing profusely. As his English was very poor, I could not quite understand the excuses.
The hotel certainly made up for the initial disappointment once we arrived at the hotel. I hope the hotel staff realize that first impressions are very important and a negative one can be a big obstacle to overcome. The driver that picks up the guests at the airport is the first impression and must be timely.
I would certainly stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Diamond D'angko... B, General Manager at Diamond D'Angkor Boutique, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Lawrence G,

Thank you very much for taking your value time to share your experience with us.
It is always wonderful to receive such positive feedback “Very friendly with great service”. I am sorry to hear that your first impression were disappointed with some aspects of greeting at the airport. learning from this experience you see our improvement in your next visit and I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.

Your Respectfully

General Manger
E:khemra@diamondangkor.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Florida
Reviewed 17 April 2014

They exceeded our expectations in EVERY way possible. We advised the hotel it was a special occasion for us and they truly made us feel SPECIAL! They (I)upgraded our room, (ii) had a bottle of champagne and (iii) had a fruit basket for us. The breakfast was very good. I really appreciated the daily menu changes. When we arrived they were waiting to pick us up at the airport. They gave us a cell phone, they wash and fold your dirty cloths for free, the wifi service is GREAT. We had a late flight, 10:00 pm. When we arrived after a long hot day of site seeing, they even offered us to use a room to take a shower and change. They may not have the most well know name, but they are one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. I am glad they are not well known. I want to be able to stay there again :)

If you get a chance to go to Siem Rep you should stay here. They make you feel welcome and are GREAT hosts!

Dear Kansas_Traevler,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recently stay at our property! I am delighted to hear that you had such a great experience and our team make you feel SPECIAL , and especially your recognition about service and other inclusive benefits and I could only wish that anyone who wants to know about our boutique begins with your review.
We look forward to having you back again with us soon!

Kind Regards,
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2014

From booking to check out this was a great place to be. We were picked up at the airport, given flowers, a wonderful refreshing drink as well as cool towels! The staff could not do enough for us, we enjoyed getting to know Mr. Philip and Micheal and all of the staff including our driver that was included.
The rooms were great, we could have used a dresser or something to unpack into but other than that we did not have any issues.
The pool was refreshing and we would stay there again in a minute.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the road, most overlook the pool!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Diamond D'angko... B, General Manager at Diamond D'Angkor Boutique, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear stephenavenue,

Thank you for your kind remarks in reference to your recent visit. I will certainly share your review with Mr. Philip and Micheal and other staff. I firmly believe that it is the associates that make the difference, which is proven by your remarks.
Once again, thank you for the kind remarks and thank you for staying with Diamond D'angkor boutique, We look forward to seeing you again.

Best wishes,

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at Diamond D Angkor. When we arrived we were greeted with a welcome drink (sugar cane juice) & a bouquet each of lotus flowers. The staff were very polite & helpful with their introduction to the hotel. We highlighted an issue with our room shortly after we got settled & were immediately move to another room while the issue got resolved. The pool area is really lovely & the breakfast is ok. The hotel provide one dinner or lunch during your stay - we opted for our first night as we arrived later and it was the easiest option. The dinner was nice - the vegetable soup was possibly the best I've ever had! One thing I will highlight - make sure you out aside a couple of hours to visit the national museum BEFORE Angkor Wat. We paid $40 for a guide on our visit to Angkor Wat & to be frank he was pretty ordinary. His English was not very good, so we really didn't pick up a lot of information during our visit. I learnt so much more visiting the museum & wished we'd done this first. The hotel also had a driver for us to use whenever we wanted. In addition they provide daily free laundry which was sooooo great!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bessy86
Diamond D'angko... B, General Manager at Diamond D'Angkor Boutique, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Brooke G,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Diamond D'angkor boutique. I am personal sorry that the experience with tour guide did not meet up to your expectations and an issue with the room, We appreciate your feedback. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Diamond d’Angkor for your next visit to Siem Reap.

Best regards,
Sokhemra KHOUN ( Mr.)
E: khemra@diamondangkor.com
Indaiatuba, São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We've stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and it was one of the best experience we have ever had.

The rooms are very clean, big and comfortable and the best thing of this Boutique is the the staff and the services they offer.

We couldn't believe how many things were complimentary (tuk tuk all day to the temples, taxi to the airport, one meal in the restaurant, a mobile phone to contact anyone in Siem Reap, frigobar, internet).

Together with all this things there is a kind, helpful, professional and attentive staff. They made our experience in this place unique!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucas T
Dear Lucas T,

Thank you so much for your taking your time to share your experience at Diamond D'Angkor Boutique. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your kind comments about our room, staff is very much appreciated. As such, I will definitely share it with our Team, as they will be happy to know that their customer care efforts are realized.

Once again, thank you for choosing us and your recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit Siem Reap, Cambodia.

Always at your service,

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My second visit to Siem Reap but fisrt time stay at this hotel. A bit pricey if compare to other hotels at same standard.

BUT... Hassle free!!!

Stayed there for 3 nights. The moment I stepped out Siem Reap airport, everythings had beed well taking care of and properly arranged by the hotel, airport return transfers, fast check-in, local hand phone provided, allocated tuktuk with knowledgeable driver, free laundry(unlimited!!!), free one meal per stay(or per booking? if per booking next time I'll split to 3 bookings... hahaha), acceptable free breakfast, free mini-bar, ok speed wifi, good attentive hotel's staffs, and many more... and it is close to pub streets and night market, only about 5 mins walk.

I arrived quite early that day, around 8:00am, the hotel allowed me to check in early, really apreciated. The day i check out because was too early breakfast not ready yet, but the staff prepare a bacon sandwich for me, great!

My only complain about this hotel is the lighting, can be brighter

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank bngst-sa
Dear bngst-sa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind 5*review about your recent visit. I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us.and I am therefore delighted that we have still met your expectations, and thank for your kind feedback about the light we'll readjust soon during low season.
I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Diamond D’angkor Boutique in the near future. please do not hesitate to contact me direct i will personal take care you if you have chance to come back ( Your 3rd visit to Siem Reap) .
Yours sincerely,

khemra@diamondangkor.com
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 April 2014

After pouring through hotel reviews for hours my cousin and I chose this hotel based on the trip advisor reviews. All to aware of the overbooking problems at high season time in Siem Reap, I attempted to confirm my booking twice by phone and once by email in the days prior to our arrival AND my intuition was realised last night. After an 18 hour journey to get to SR, we arrived to the all too common story of overbooking. The staff were courteous and reassuring, had booked into another hotel and assured us we would be collected the next day to bring us back to the Diamond. However, we declined the offer on principle.. I can understand a little overbooking, but come on .... a telephone an email confirmation should not have warranted an assumption that we would not show up. This is an all to common practice in SR and one which indeed reflects the need for tourism development and justifies the constant construction of new hotels. Fortunately we managed to find an alternative GEM hotel at a cheaper price by midnight - four hours after our arrival in SR (review in another post). I would like to thank the manager and staff at the Diamond for his professionalism in their attempt to placate the matter at the time, but dealing with weary travellers needs to be approached with sensitivity. We booked a room for 7 days, confirmed the room and expected delivery.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
14 Thank roseeblue
Dear roseeblue,

On behalf of Diamond D’Angkor Boutique, please accept my apology for the inconvenience happened to your reservation recently. It was not our intention to create such an awkward and embarrassing situation, we always strive to ensure our patrons are experience the best even before their arrival, during and after their stay and we fell short of our goal this time. We appreciate your feedback and your advice and have taken the necessary steps to avoid a similar situation in the future. we hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at Diamond D’Angkor for your next visit to Siem Reap. we hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments.
Yours Respectfully,