“great staff”

Diamond D'Angkor Boutique
Ranked #30 of 374 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed here for two nights, part of our honeymoon. We were met in the driveway by a member of staff who carried our bags. Upon arrival we got a welcoming drink and a clean towel to wipe off after our travels. Check in was fast and unproblematic. We were shown to our room which was clean and spacious with a pool view. We had dinner in the hotel both nights, which was very good. Having travelled Thailand and Cambodia the breakfast was the best we've encountered. The hotel offered to arrange our tour of Angkor Wat temples. The guide was cheaper than what we would have paid for a guide else where. Our guide Vanna was great and went out of his way to go wherever we wanted. He was helpful, knowledgeable, informative and even suggested other temples for us to visit. He even asked if he could take us to any other sights after. For our onward travels, we booked privately a bus to take us to Phnom Penh which was running late and hotel staff when out of their way to phone the bus driver and ensured the bus was going to collect us, without us even asking. To summarise it is a three star hotel with five star staff and service. We couldn't have asked for better. They made our stay both memorable and enjoyable. If we were in Siem Reap again, this would be the only place we'd stay. It is ideally located, with bars and restaurants on the doorstep and less than a 5 minute walk to pub street and the markets.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Nellylan
Diamond D'angko... B, General Manager at Diamond D'Angkor Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Nellylan,
Thank you for your most kind review on Trip advisor and particularly for praising efforts of our colleague .Thank you for complementing our buffet breakfast and dinner also hotel location.
Thank you for being our guest and thank you for sharing your positive experience of Diamond D'angkor boutique with other Tripadvisor readers.

Yours sincerely
E: khemra@diamondangkor.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,272)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I'm a 25yo single female traveler, on this trip. I was met at the airport by a driver and a female front desk agent that spoke English, was taken to the hotel and upgraded because they had availability. I received flowers, a nice fruit tray, and a local cell phone to call the hotel/driver in case of an emergency, which was welcome. All staff members were very welcoming and friendly and always had a smile for me. I booked a tuktuk driver for $15/day. My driver Mr.Sok was very nice, always on time, and spoke English. You can book a driver for half the price if you walk into the market and shop around, but I'm happy with the hotel taking care of me. The room was nice and spacious, the bed was comfortable, the restaurant wasn't great but it was good. The only issue that I saw was a lack of deck space by the pool, so that area might get crowded in the high season. There was a gecko and a cricket in my room, but come on, it's Cambodia! I'm fine with that. It's a 5 minute walk from the market. I would stay here again and enjoyed my experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Diamond D'angko... B, General Manager at Diamond D'Angkor Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear AzucarC,
Thank you so much for selecting the Diamond D'angkor Boutique. I am proud to read that you enjoyed our service. Reviews like yours encourage us to work even harder to develop professional, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable service.
I am also very pleased that you find our bed was comfortable,so sorry about the insects in your room. Once again allow me to thank you for sharing your positive experience and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back at Diamond D'angkor boutique.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location, only a few minutes walk to pub street, night market and old market. The hotel is on Sok San street which has many restaurants if you don't want to wander too far. All the staff are friendly and genuinely personable. Even though the hotel is small, the room is spacious and clean. Breakfast was good and the staff at their restaurant made for a good dining experience. We didn't get the whole package of dinner, driver, welcome flowers and water (watch what your package includes) but the fruit plate they offer is still very nice. And they do offer 2 bottled water each day. Most memorable part of our trip is the smiles we received from everyone in the city, including the hotel staff. We got a parting gift (scarf) at check out, very nice touch.
A couple if things the hotel could improve on:
No Kleenex in the room, only toilet paper in the bathroom, which is odd as I don't like using that to wipe my nose.
No full length mirror in my deluxe room. Considering how spacious the room is, a full length mirror by the closet should be standard.
No glass door in shower. Water can spread everywhere, which makes the floor a bit messy.
The in-room slippers they provide are flip flops. If you do not want to share, bring your own.

All that being said, I would still stay at this hotel again, as the staff are really friendly.

Room Tip: Get a room with a mosquito net. If you are in SE Asia, staying in an open concept hotel, You will fi...
2  Thank ShihD
Diamond D'angko... B, General Manager at Diamond D'Angkor Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear ShihD,
Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind feedback following your recent stay with us at Diamond D’angkor Boutique. I was very pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with the services that we offered. As mentioned, all of our room price are come with difference package and its benefits and your room been upgraded! Thanks again for your honest constructive feedback about in room amenities, full length mirror.. this project has been studying and within a few months are complete.i am working personally for this project and hope you will see this improvement for your second visit, please do not hesitate to contact me direct (khemra@diamondangkor.com).
Please do come back and see us soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great little boutique hotel with lovely staff and numerous extras that really made for a hassle-free trip. The complimentary airport pick-up, tuk-tuk service, one free lunch/dinner, free minibar and laundry were first class and we'd be happy to stay here again, This was our third trip to Siem Reap - we stayed a week and we thoroughly enjoyed it. When we checked in, they told us that we had been upgraded to the junior suite as we were staying for a week. The room was spacious and there is a private balcony overlooking the Sok San Rd, which although was a bit chaotic at times but added to the experience. The hotel location was ideal, being within short walking distance to numerous restaurants along Sok San Rd and only ten minutes from Pub Street. Special mention to Michael and Veasna (our driver) but all staff at the hotel were great.

Dear TuffKatz,
Thank you very much for staying at Diamond D'angkor boutique and sharing your experience. I am very proud that my team delivered the best levels of service to you and that we met your expectations. I will be passing your kind words on to my great team. we could only wish that anyone want to know our boutique begins from your review, do hope to welcome you back to our boutique soonest.
Always at your services.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I really can't say enough about how great our stay at the Diamond was. It's hard for me to think of anything negative to say, so I'll just run down the things we loved.

The staff are almost overwhelmingly friendly. They helped us with everything from arranging guides to laundry to airport transportation. They responded to every request quickly and with a cheery attitude. Michael and all the staff there are wonderful.

We booked a fantastic guide, Chhin, through the hotel. I know this has less to do with the hotel and more to do with Chhin, but the hotel really hooked us up with a great experience at the temples.

The pool is great, as is the happy hour. Really comfortable beds (rare in our experience in Southeast Asia), good quiet location, great rates and flexibility, solid breakfast. It seems like they really do everything right.

If we ever end up in Siem Reap again, I'm sure we'll head straight to the Diamond.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Diamond D'angko... B, General Manager at Diamond D'Angkor Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Thomas E,
Many Thanks for taking the time to write 5* review of our boutique. We are really happy that you enjoyed your holiday with us. we're proud to have such a great team definitely we'll share to them.We hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.
Warmest regards

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

i'm writing this while drinking cocktails with my friend right now on the last day in Siem reap.

beside seeing the temples, staying here was the best moment for us. breakfast was especially wonderful. unlike other hotels they serve only the best food for which some might think it lacks variety. but we really really loved it!

people here are really nice and kind. they do try to make everything comfortable and enjoyable for us. and they know what we want before you speak out!

on our last day, we could check out at 5pm - which was not the normal check out time - because we wanted to see the temples once more before we leave for night flight. they let us shower in staff's shower room even after we checked out. it was still clean.

the room was good. we didn't have bath tub but it didn't bother us.

it is located close to the pub street unless you are extremely tired from the tour. it is noisy at night sometimes, and there are a number of different kinds and sizes of bugs, but it is easily bearable considering all the good stuff! we didn't get mosquito bites from here though. (they are mostly at temples. even long sleeves wont stop them)

there were some minor problems with balcony door, safety box. it had a view but some could think it as average. for me, i thought it had a style.

another bad thing (if i have to think of it) would be wifi is slow. but this is understandable considering we are here to see CAMBODIA!

my friend enjoyed time here more than seeing temples. :( but after exhausting day, coming here seeing a staff holding out your key even when we didn't say anything, really makes you feel special.

they will give you almost everything you ask for and they will also give you what you need even if you didn't ask for it, so don't be shy.

In conclusion, why isn't is 5 star hotel??? 10 out of 5!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sun Hwa L

Dear Sun Hwa L,
Thank you for sharing your positive 5* review regarding your recent visit and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectation. apologies for some inconvenience caused during your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Your respectful,
Sokhemra KHOUN ( Mr.)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife and I booked 10 days at Diamond D'Angkor Boutique, and it ended up feeling like our home away from home. From the free pick-up at the airport (thank you Amata!) to the warm welcome we received with cold towels, cold drinks and flowers, we had a great feeling from the first minute and it lasted the whole stay. David at the front desk is incredibly gracious and took care of all of our needs. The free breakfast every day was the perfect way to start a day of temple touring, and the chef is fantastic. We were impressed every single morning, and every dinner that we ate here was great as well. Our room was beautiful, large and comfortable. We received a free fruit/dessert plate every day. They offer free daily laundry service, which was a life saver. We felt completely spoiled, and we didn't have to pay the huge price of a luxury hotel to receive luxury service.
Located right in the center of town, right near Pub Street and the Night Markets but on a quieter side street, the location made our stay even more enjoyable.
The best part was that they arrange a driver who will take you everywhere you want to go, all day, $10 for a half day (which is often enough) and $15 for a full day from 5am to 8pm. If you stay here, do yourself a HUGE favor and ask for Vaesna, the best driver in town. He made our first day so great that we couldn't let him go. We used him for our entire 10 day stay in Siem Reap, and he became a friend. He took us everywhere, saved us from torrential downpours, and suggested amazing local restaurants and activities that were off the tourist path. Half of our great experiences here we owe to Vaesna, so like I said, do yourself a favor and DEMAND this man as your driver! He was our translator, tour guide, shopping helper and cultural ambassador.
From the beautiful building and lovely pool to the wonderful staff and food, Diamond D'Angkor Boutique is the best hotel we've stayed at. Anywhere. I would recommend it to anyone, and if we come back to Siem Reap we will stay here again.

Room Tip: A pool-view room gives you sun all day.

Dear Jordan P,
Thank you so much for the positive feedback that you have shared with us about your long recently visit to our property. It is such a pleasure to hear all of the wonderful comments “First Class All The Way! Stay Here!!!”
We thank you for your stay and we look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to the Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Have a fantastic day!