“Best Service Ever!”
Review of Mingalar Inn

Mingalar Inn
Ranked #175 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 14 March 2011

You would appreciate this hotel if you're expectation is well set - this isn't a 5-star hotel. If you are looking for a (1) decent (2) clean and (3) quality service at an affordable price then this is the hotel for you.

We stayed in Mandalay Inn for two nights and we immediately felt as if we were home - the place was very cozy and homey. The staff were all so helpful, friendly and warm. The manager understands and speaks English well so it was really easy talking to them. HOSPITALITY and QUALITY SERVICE at its BEST.

If I go back to Siam Reap, I would definitely book this hotel again..without a doubt! DECENT PLACE, SUPERB SERVICE and GOOD LOCATION (walking distance to Pub Street). I highly recommend this to everyone :)

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank mariasolromero

Reviewed 6 March 2011

I stayed here with my friends last February. They chose the room with 2 single beds. They said that the room's fantastic, spacious, and even the shower room is spacious. The only thing is that they found a rat inside their room, but it was only once so they didn't complain about it. And the rat didn't do any harm to their stuff.

I stayed at a single room, 2005 or 2004, I can't remember. for a single room, it was very spacious, even the shower room. Complimentary towels were okay. There was also a refrigerator but I didn't use it because I had nothing to put inside.

From my room, you could hear the sounds from the street. It could be a disadvantage for others, especially if they're sensitive to noise. but I'm not, so I had no problem with it.

Staff is VERY FRIENDLY and ACCOMMODATING. Never had that kind of experience before, so I was really happy that time.

There were mosquitoes inside my room. I'm not sure if they came in through the windows or through the door. But whenever I enter my room, I quickly shut the door. Even if the windows are tightly shut, there are still spaces that's big enough for the mosquitoes to enter. Luckily I was able to kill them since they fly really slow.

The only thing that bothered me during my stay there was the smell of the water in the shower room. After washing my hands or taking a bath, it always smells like rust. I thought it was just my imagination. But for my 4 days stay in there, it does smell like rust.
I tried using my friends' shower room, their water doesn't smell anything. I also tried using the one on the inn's first floor, the water also doesn't smell anything. So I think it's just the water in that room. I also didn't report it anymore because everyday I was too tired from all the temples we went to. I just buy mineral water so I can use it to brush my teeth.

There's also 2 laundry shops beside the inn. One uses the laundry machine, the other does handwash. Price is both 1kilo for $1.

Location is FANTASTIC. Near the old market, central market, night market, pub street, fish massage places.

I'll definitely be staying here again. But the next time around, I'll be checking the water and the windows first before choosing the room.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Stay at Mandalay Inn just because the hospitality praise from Lonely Planet. But I should say Mandalay Inn is deserved.
On the first day in Siem Reap,because arthritis, my mother need a stick for walking,on the way to the old market to buy walking stick, Mandalay Inn’s staff found us an borrowed us two fancy carving sticks ,later, because of the careless of my father, one of stick falling down and was broken,on that time, I really don't know how to explain such situation to the master of Mandalay Inn, but when I came back and said to pay for the stick,the master not only not accept my payment but also sent the stick to me as the gift, on that time, my heart full of gratitude.
So, I would definitely recommend anyone going to Siem Reap to feeling the hospitality of Mandalay Inn, and their comprehensive travel service with fair price also can bring everyone stay there convenience.
I want to say thanks again to master and staffs there, thank you bring us so warm feeling, wish you everybody good luck!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Staff here where some of the best we had in South East Asia. The staff were incredibly helpful,friendly and were more then willing to help. There was nothing they couldn't help us with: Vietnam visas, temple tours and general information. Our favourite by far was Johnny, the funny and friendly night watchmen who doubles as the temple guide in his tuk-tuk. Definetly recommend the Mandalay Inn and temple touring with Johnny.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 8 February 2011

This hotel was definitely our favourite during our travels around Vietnam & Cambodia. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Great location too, near the Old Market. The hotel tour agency was also useful- we used it everyday to get transport to Ankor at a really decent price

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2011

First, did not pick us up from the bus as promised. The room was no frills, but I was not expecting much for the price. The staff was friendly, but not too bright. Had trouble comprehending even simple instructions other than one worker who actually understood English. Had to go through 4 employees before one actually understood what a TV was. The location is quite good, close to pub street and the night market. No special, but nothing terrible. Sheets looked like that hadn't been washed since Angkor Wat was built. But a silk sleeping bag purchased at the market made do. Not bad, but certainly not good. Made trip advisor's best buy of 2010 list, I disagree.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
mandalayinn, General Manager at Mingalar Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2011

Dear RTWraveller213,

Thank you very much for review and comments that given chance for us to correct. We do really sympathy for your difficulty.
We could not recall but we have no missing pick up recently unless otherwise our guest fail to provide arrival details or did not confirm their reservation. OR the guest came from Phnom Penh did not provide us bus company name and departure time from Phnom Penh OR Guest could not find our driver. However, we do not need any excuse but just want to inform if it is the case.
All of our staff is Khmer and some are new but it is a bit too much for you as our 4 staffs do not even know the word TV??? And century old super dirty bed sheet quality has to check our washing machines and detergent as the sheets are a few weeks old only.
Once again, thanks for taking your time to write a precious review and we will look through our employee again for sure to improve our service.
Have a safe travel and Best Regards,
Peng AN

Reviewed 18 January 2011

Staff were very friendly as per other reviewers. The room was simple and tidy- good for the price. The air con and road was very noisy though. Worst thing was that the mattress was full of bed bugs!!

Would recommend it to friends if there wasn't any bed bugs.

• Stayed: January 2011
mandalayinn, Manager at Mingalar Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2011

Dear Holidaycam,
Thank you very much for review. We are sorry to hear your unpleasant stay with us due to Air-conditioned and bed bugs.
Actually, our entire Air-conditions are 1 year old Panasonic (enviro) split type then it should not be noisy. However, we have asked Maintenance Company to check all the Air-conditioned to serve our customer better.
Regarding the bed bug, we have asked every single in-house guest to trace which mattress with full or single bed bugs but no one has response us as there is the bed bug.
However, we take this chance to checked, changed, replaced and deep cleaning for all old and new mattresses.
Once again, thanks for taking your time to write us a precious review and choosing to stay with us.

Hope to welcome you again and Best Regards,