“Very affordable, good for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mingalar Inn

Mingalar Inn
Ranked #164 of 337 Hotels in Siem Reap
Shanghai, China
“Very affordable, good for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights at $13 USD per night. It was a good base to rest for seeing the temples of Angkor.

The best part of this hotel is how affordable it is. It offers a good location in Siem Reap with easy walking access to the restaurants and pubs, as well as easy access to the temples. There is a bicycle rental across the street too in case you wish to tour the temples on bicycle which I highly recommend.

That said, do not expect much in terms of accommodations. The rooms are small, the cleanliness is acceptable for the price. The staff was always very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

The people at Mandalay Inn always greet you with smiles and take care of you! The rooms aren't stellar, but clean and More than reasonable for about 10 dollars a night! Definitely recommend

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Uraraurara
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

This was a nice cheap hotel if you are travelling on a budget but still want comfort then this is a really good option. It is walking distance to the main streets and night market.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Makati City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

You would appreciate this hotel if you're expectation is well set - this isn't a 5-star hotel. If you are looking for a (1) decent (2) clean and (3) quality service at an affordable price then this is the hotel for you.

We stayed in Mandalay Inn for two nights and we immediately felt as if we were home - the place was very cozy and homey. The staff were all so helpful, friendly and warm. The manager understands and speaks English well so it was really easy talking to them. HOSPITALITY and QUALITY SERVICE at its BEST.

If I go back to Siam Reap, I would definitely book this hotel again..without a doubt! DECENT PLACE, SUPERB SERVICE and GOOD LOCATION (walking distance to Pub Street). I highly recommend this to everyone :)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mariasolromero
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

I stayed here with my friends last February. They chose the room with 2 single beds. They said that the room's fantastic, spacious, and even the shower room is spacious. The only thing is that they found a rat inside their room, but it was only once so they didn't complain about it. And the rat didn't do any harm to their stuff.

I stayed at a single room, 2005 or 2004, I can't remember. for a single room, it was very spacious, even the shower room. Complimentary towels were okay. There was also a refrigerator but I didn't use it because I had nothing to put inside.

From my room, you could hear the sounds from the street. It could be a disadvantage for others, especially if they're sensitive to noise. but I'm not, so I had no problem with it.

Staff is VERY FRIENDLY and ACCOMMODATING. Never had that kind of experience before, so I was really happy that time.

There were mosquitoes inside my room. I'm not sure if they came in through the windows or through the door. But whenever I enter my room, I quickly shut the door. Even if the windows are tightly shut, there are still spaces that's big enough for the mosquitoes to enter. Luckily I was able to kill them since they fly really slow.

The only thing that bothered me during my stay there was the smell of the water in the shower room. After washing my hands or taking a bath, it always smells like rust. I thought it was just my imagination. But for my 4 days stay in there, it does smell like rust.
I tried using my friends' shower room, their water doesn't smell anything. I also tried using the one on the inn's first floor, the water also doesn't smell anything. So I think it's just the water in that room. I also didn't report it anymore because everyday I was too tired from all the temples we went to. I just buy mineral water so I can use it to brush my teeth.

There's also 2 laundry shops beside the inn. One uses the laundry machine, the other does handwash. Price is both 1kilo for $1.

Location is FANTASTIC. Near the old market, central market, night market, pub street, fish massage places.

I'll definitely be staying here again. But the next time around, I'll be checking the water and the windows first before choosing the room.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

Stay at Mandalay Inn just because the hospitality praise from Lonely Planet. But I should say Mandalay Inn is deserved.
On the first day in Siem Reap,because arthritis, my mother need a stick for walking,on the way to the old market to buy walking stick, Mandalay Inn’s staff found us an borrowed us two fancy carving sticks ,later, because of the careless of my father, one of stick falling down and was broken,on that time, I really don't know how to explain such situation to the master of Mandalay Inn, but when I came back and said to pay for the stick,the master not only not accept my payment but also sent the stick to me as the gift, on that time, my heart full of gratitude.
So, I would definitely recommend anyone going to Siem Reap to feeling the hospitality of Mandalay Inn, and their comprehensive travel service with fair price also can bring everyone stay there convenience.
I want to say thanks again to master and staffs there, thank you bring us so warm feeling, wish you everybody good luck!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

Staff here where some of the best we had in South East Asia. The staff were incredibly helpful,friendly and were more then willing to help. There was nothing they couldn't help us with: Vietnam visas, temple tours and general information. Our favourite by far was Johnny, the funny and friendly night watchmen who doubles as the temple guide in his tuk-tuk. Definetly recommend the Mandalay Inn and temple touring with Johnny.

• Stayed February 2011