Angkor Palace Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sabara Angkor Resort & Spa(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
La Residence Blanc D'Angkor(Siem Reap)
Ree Hotel(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
1,314 results
All reviewstennis courtspool barshuttle bustuk tukkhmer restaurantpub streetshuttle servicebreakfast buffetduty managertour deskadjoining roomshuge poolbeautiful resortwelcome drinklarge bathroomgreat facilitieshotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Wonderful place for escape & leisure, spacious room, tidy place, nice & friendly people. The breakfast, to us, was unexpected that have so many choices. Only very few visitors using swimming pool, that you can swim freely. But the swimming pool designs is not good enough, shallow area (1.35M) is too less for short person like us. Seems that we are lucky that we did not have much troubles as other visitors complained.

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd floor will have a better view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
GrandSoluxeAngkor, Front Office Manager at Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Dear JonahLam,

Thank you for writing a great review. It pleases us that you had such a great stay and we were able to exceed your expectations. Can’t wait to have you back!

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Really nice environs, too many Mosquitos on each rooms patio. Beds a bit soft. Otherwise amazing place awesome service!

• Stayed: February 2012
Grand Soluxe An... P, Front Office Manager at Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Butanehi,

Thank you very much for your time in providing such valuable feedback to our resort. Your valuable feedback helps us to look at areas that we need to improve in, especially areas where only discerning guests like yourself will be able to notice.

Once again, please do accept our heartfelt gratitude!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Not knowing what to expect of a 5 star Cambodian hotel we were pleased to find that it was well set back from the busy main road down a side street and in peaceful grounds. All rooms seem to overlook the pool, but because of tree planting were fairly private, and had a seating balcony. We arrived a 9.30 am, and were given a room right away. It was always kept spotless, and cleaned without us seeing anyone. We experienced none of the cleaners corridor noise we often find in hotels. They must have been trained to be silenct. We ate 'a la carte ' in the restaurant rather than have the buffets downstairs (only options) , and the food was superb and wine reasonably priced. We had lunch at the pool twice, and I can't praise the kitchen enough. Super succulent light meals at a prices so cheap they were a steal. The lobby was a little old fashioned, but airy and pleasant enough. We used the spa twice after weary trips in the heat walking in the temples of Angkor Wat. The Khmer Massages (robe on) were great, and so cheap. We even got a voucher for a reduction on one day so had a 1.5 hour massage for $35 US. Now that's Cheap! The hotel has recently been extended, and the gardens were being replanted when we were there, but this was being done carefully and will look great when finished. We booked a guide to meet us at the hotel through Ankhor Guide services on the internet. Its worth pre booking and having a car to go round the place. We paid the same for an A/C car for a day as others guests were paying for a dusty motor cycle tuk tuk. In the heat we could only laugh. There are lots of Korean tourists using this hotel but that added to the experience especially when seeing what was on offer at breakfast. This was a great place to stay and all the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dcberry2016
Grand Soluxe An... P, Front Office Manager at Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear FarnhamFoodlover,

Greetings from Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace!

First of all let me thank you for providing us your feedback via Trip Advisor. I realize this took time out of your day and for that I am appreciative.

I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay in our resort. We believe in providing our guests the best services and attention, and nothing makes us happier than a confirmation of our guest's satisfaction. Your fine compliments are highly appreciated and we shall certainly share the comment with our team.

Thank you for highlighting on the garden. We are continually putting extra effort to improve on the garden and the surrounding resort. This recent enhancement is personally looking after by our owner as we wish to make sure that everything done professionally and up to the standard of the International luxury resort.

Nevertheless, our heartfelt appreciation and we look forward to welcoming you again and to be of service to you and your esteemed friends / colleagues in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here 12th-16th Feb 2012.
We had booked a Jasmine Villa and were upgraded to one with its own private pool - which was nice but we didn't really take advantage of the pool as the main pool was literally just outside our villa and with the pool you lost the bath - but we struggled to get much hot water in the shower so possibly wouldn't have been able to have relaxing hot baths anyway. We booked the hotel through Agoda at a much reduced rate – we would have been very upset had we paid the full rate advertised for this quality of hotel.

The villa was clean and in good condition. The bed was hard and the quilt and pillows were manmade fiber which were very uncomfortable. Usually I only get feather pillows in 5 start hotels. We asked for feather pillows on the 3rd day and we ended up with 2 feather and 2 man made, with still a man made fiber quilt.

The restaurant does have some quality issues. I had a Beef Fillet steak one evening and it was dreadful - full of gristle and no way a fillet cut. Put it this way, I've had better steaks in a UK pub for less than a fiver. I had a beef dish the next night - shredded beef something and the beef was the same low quality, you simply couldn't chew it.

My wife had fish and seafood dishes and she enjoyed all of hers. One night -valentines night- I had Salmon and it was fine....the problem was that I finished my whole dish by the time they brought my wife’s dish. They didn’t offer to take mine back until my wife’s was ready, as they kept saying my wife’s was on its way. They were very apologetic and gave us a free desert but it’s not really acceptable service.
The spa was very nice in terms of treatment and sauna etc…..there is no Jacuzzi if you are expecting that other than an area in the main swimming pool that puts out a few bubbles. If you want to use the gym or sauna, call 10 minutes ahead of time as the sauna always needed heating up and the gym needs the Air-Conditioning turning on. Can’t really complain on this point as most people are out sightseeing and its good green credentials to keep them off when not being used.

The concierge service is very dodgy. This maybe a general comment on Siem Reap but as we didn’t go to any other hotel I have nothing to compare it to. We booked a taxi for half a day. We visited a temple and after about 2 hours wanted to go to another one. The taxi driver wasn’t around…pure co-incidence he’d gone to town to get petrol at just the time we were ready to move on….make sure you get their mobile number! Anyway he was back in 10 mins. The concierge had been quite insistent that for half a day we can only fit one sight in, if we want to see more we really need a full day. That’s complete rubbish, half a day is good for 2 sights and 3 if you a little quicker. Anyhow the taxi driver really wasn’t happy that we wanted to fit in another stop off and asked for a full day….absolutely not. The concierge also asked us, that if we wanted the driver for a 2nd day to do it direct with the taxi driver and not through the hotel….seems dodgy to me!
When departing for the airport we asked for a normal taxi, which is half the price of the hotel taxi. The bell boys were insistent that we could only use the hotel car and they are not allowed to get a public taxi. We were not having that just on principle and went to the concierge, the same one who 2 days earlier got us a taxi for half a day with a quick call and it arrived within minutes. This time he insisted it would take a minimum of 30 minutes to get one and refused to even call the taxi company. On principle I was very annoyed and insisted on seeing the general manager. I was told no one was available. Due to time we took the hotel taxi…. with ZERO tip. This really was unacceptable behavior.

If you can I would try one of the main 5 start brands. In the reception area there is plenty of literature asking you to rate them on trip advisor so they obviously get a lot of business based on the rating in trip advisor. I am VERY skeptical on the trip advisor rating for this hotel, just too many things were not good enough for a 5 star badge.

Room Tip: Don't pay the full rate for a room you will kick yourself. It's ok if you get a half price deal and other 5 star properties are fully booked. Choose a Jasmine villa - don't really get a good sun spot with the private pool villa.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SevenStarTraveller
Grand Soluxe An... P, Front Office Manager at Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear SevenStarTraveller,

Greetings from Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace, Siem Reap!

Thank you for having chosen our resort for your stay in Siem Reap. We sincerely appreciate your feedback to us. Feedback helps us to know areas that we may have fallen short of guest expectations and where we may need to reflect, review and improve. Please kindly allow us to address the points raised in your feedback.

Our housekeeping received a request for soft pillows, hence delivered soft pillows as requested.

The beef was not full of gristle but some trimmings that was part of the way our chef does the standard cutting and trimming for the beef to be served. Restaurant staff acknowledged that there was a confusion over the order and they attempted to rectify that. Out of concern that the salmon might become cold while waiting for your baked seabass, staff had taken the initiative to serve the salmon first.

Your sightseeing tour was handled by Tola at the tour desk. The tour desk is an outsourced service to a contractor to complement the services provided by hotel. Tola had clearly explained regarding the rental of the car and the itinerary. While at the temple, your visit coincided with the visit by governmental level dignitaries. Hence the police ordered all vehicles to move away. Your driver was unfortunately one of them.

Your stay with us was for four nights. I was informed that you were very pleased throughout your stay and with the upgrade to the Frangipani villa that came with the pool. The pool at the Frangipani villa is not blocked by any shade or overhanging trees or plants. It can in fact capture much of the sun throughout the day. We have a nice aerial video done that has been uploaded on the YouTube. The Frangipani villa was filmed from the air with a clear view of the pool.

We apologize if some of our facilities and services did not meet your expectations. As English is not the native language spoken in Cambodia, there is the inevitable challenge in communication. Again, we apologize for that.

I truly hope you were nevertheless charmed by the Khmer hospitality. I have as a foreigner having been here for years. What that may have fallen short of expectations is made up by the sincere efforts made by everyone here to ensure every visitor leaves with fond memories of their stay in this Khmer kingdom. Once again, thank you very much for all your feedback. We will reflect, review and strive to improve ourselves.

Nevertheless, we hope this experience did not deter you from supporting us again. We always strive to ensure every guest of Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace be it on business or leisure leave the resort contented, and in meeting the guests every need.

Thank you for providing us with your favorable feedback.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I booked this resort for a company off-site location (5 people total) blindly. Having never been to Cambodia, I was clueless, however NOT dissapointed! Everyone from the drivers to the waiters and everywhere in between were spectacular! We rented a meeting room for a day of meetings and those folks were just as pleasant as everyone else working at the resort. Top notch service!!

The rooms were beautiful and spacious, very clean and well maintained. The bowl of fresh fruit and flowers was a nice little touch. Loved the shower area :)

The breakfast buffet was good....typical for a hotel/resort, but good. Freshly made egg dishes, waffles, pancakes etc. Fresh cut up fruit each morning which was well liked and eaten.

Dinner was great; I only suggest when ordering lamb that you ask for it medium or well. Being a Westerner, we like our lamb pink, not red. This has nothing to do with the quality or presentation of the food, just a personal issue. When ordered the second time, I asked for medium and it was PERFECT!

Our Team really enjoyed the swim up bar and found ourselves there each night after our adventures and activities. They have a food menu, you just have to ask for it. We snacked on Pizza's :) The pool was very tidy, clean and refreshing.

Activities....while I gave the resort serveral attempts to make recomendations, the information was always incomplete. How many times do you suspect they are asked "what is the best restaurant in town for traditional food?" and yet they still did not have a recomendation? No biggie, I did my own research..the resort is not there afterall to be your travel planner! We did the following:

Activities:
Service Project by helping to build the walls for a school in a village where children and adults. The walls were made from plastic bottles!! We did this project with this orgranization: http://www.beyonduniqueescapes.com/ Beyond is organized by LOVELY people.

We LOVED their organization and plans SO much that we ended up booking the 2nd day (Angkor Wat Tour) with them too!

And the 3rd day, you got it, we had a private sunset cruise!

While the prices were great, the EXPERIENCE will leave you with more than you can imagine! Lim was our guide, he was AMAZING. I recommend Lim, however, everyone at Beyond was wonderful to be around. *Lim speaks PERFECT English incase you are looking for an English speaking guide. A walking book of knowledge, great tone and just overall wonderful to be around. We spent 8-12hours a day with Lim during our entire trip to Siem Reap!

I hope you choose to stay at this resort and wish you safe travels! You will not be disappointed!

Dont forget to call Beyond for your adventures, I promise, just like the resort, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Can not imagine there is a "bad" room at this resort! We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was quiet if that helps.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear BeckyS2012,

Thank you for providing us with your favorable feedback and I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay in our resort. Your comment is definitely valuable as it allows us to improve on our products and services towards overall guests’ satisfaction.

I will be happy to share comments to the hotel team members and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back home again soon.