“This is a really fabulous hotel in EVERY respect.”

Angkor Palace Resort & Spa
Ranked #81 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I am writing this, with a G & T in hand whilst waiting to leave Siem Reap to fly back to the UK. As I say in my "Title", this is a fabulous hotel. If anyone can find a fault with it I would say that they themselves were "FAULTY". The staff here are very attentive and helpful, I have just this minute been asked if I needed another G & T. You will see that I rated everything about this hotel as "excellent" and I would recommend it anyone thinking of going to visit Siem Reap. You can have 100% faith in letting the hotel organise your trips out , and if you want a great guide ask them to book LEYDAH for you, she is VERY knowledgeable and speaks good English. You do need a guide to get the best out of your visit to the Temple complex and you should allow at least a day and a half to do it.
I can honestly say that you will NOT be disappointed if you stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ian S
Grand Soluxe An... P, Front Office Manager at Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Greetings Ian S,

Thank you so much for posting your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed and like the overall resort concept.

I am so humbled by your comments regarding our service team as well. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you again when your travels next bring you to Siem Reap.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

I personally did not find the service that good but I did find the room to be very clean but a little dated. The hotel was reasonable value but next time I come to Siem Reap I would stay closer to the downtown

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Torontoshanghai

Dear Torontoshanghai,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay with us and I am delighted to know that you like the cleanliness of the room.

Nevertheless, we have duly noted on your comments and we will definitely look into the challenges and to improve on our guest satisfaction. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and we thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and only with feedback can we continue to improve our service standards.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Absolutely great rooms with fantastic grounds. The standards at this hotel were fantastic. From the check in to departure they accomodated every request and wanted to exceed your expectations. They had a shuttle to the downtown areas for shopping and dining. Very great. Also they arranged a guide to the temples...so we could maximize our short stay in Cambodia.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Jay R
Grand Soluxe An... P, Front Office Manager at Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Greetings Jay R,

Your evaluation of our hotel and services are most appreciated and thank you for the overall endorsement of our efforts. We take pride in delighting our guests every time by creating engaging experiences straight from our hearts.

We hope to see you again soon and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

5 nights in Siem Reap for which this hotel became a great base. We didn't use the spa, spend much time in the bar or eat there in the evening.....but we did use the pool, swim-up bar for a few cheeky cocktails, driving range and have breakfast each day.

Rooms were clean, well presented, tended to at least twice daily and difficult to fault. Staff throughout were very pleasant and helpful and arranged flowers on arrival for my wife's birthday (requested) and a cake on her actual birthday (not requested - nice surprise).

You do need to take a tuk-tuk into town if you dont want to tie yourself to the evening shuttle bus schedule, but town is only five minutes down the road so this is no big drama. All in all, a very pleasant stay and somewhere you could just unwind at will (though we were there in a quiet September, might be a bit busier as the season progresses).

Only one regret....we booked a 'get the fourth night free' package which meant we had to pay on this day for breakfast. If i had remembered, we probably, for two reasons, would have nipped into town for breakfast. Firstly, 36us$ for two wasn't far off what a really nice dinner cost us the night before excluding drinks...secondly, the same breakfast for 5 days on the trot gets a bit 'samey' but that is absolutely nothing to do with the standard of breakfast being served, more to do with us liking a change from the hotel buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Queenofthebow

Dear Queenofthebow,

We thank you for the great feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences.

Whilst I am pleased to see that your impressions were satisfactory in the main, I have made a special note of the points mentioned which did not meet with your approval, especially on the breakfast menu experience - we will look into it with the team and correct this immediately.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Siem Reap again.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Very pleasant hotel. Lovely grounds and room. Excellent service. I tried different spas in town but the khmer relaxation massage at the hotel spa was the best, very professional. The khmer lunch we had in the hotel restaurant was also excellent. My only quibble is that the pool was closed but a shuttle service to the pool of a nearby hotel was provided. All in all I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Iwadono
Grand Soluxe An... P, Front Office Manager at Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Greetings Iwadono,

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and happy with the service provided by our team member, both at Kainnora Spa and at hotel restaurant.

We are sorry to learn that you weren’t able to experience our swimming pool during your visit while it was under renovation. Taking to this opportunity, I would like to highlight that our most-inviting swimming pool is now back to operation with even more fresh and clean for our guests to experience.

Nevertheless, we look forward to serving your travel needs at the Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace should your travels bring you back to Siem Reap again!

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We bought an amazing deal from GroupOn and were immediately impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. We were given a charming little villa and were told all the facilities at the hotel and services offered. The bar by the pool became a favourite relaxation haven after long days exploring Siem Reap and the Angkor Wat Complex. We went for traditional Khmer massages in the spa which were very professional, soothing and restoring - a perfect complement to the tranquil ambiance of the resort. Breakfast saw a large selection of food on offer and dinners were a cultural experience. We ate dinners in the a la carte restaurant which offered Western, Asian and traditional Khmer food. We discovered a deep and abiding love for the traditional food and heartfelt service given by the staff. An incredible holiday from start to finish.

Room Tip: The villas are a little pricier but definitely worth it for the privacy and peace.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Grand Soluxe An... P, Front Office Manager at Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Netanya K,

Thank you for your feedback via TripAdvisor and I am happy to learn that you liked our Private Villa – the Palace Residence & Villa Siem Reap.

Your evaluation of our resort and services is most appreciated and we thank you for the overall endorsement of our efforts. Our mission is to delight our guests every time by creating engaging experiences straight from our hearts.

I will definitely pass on your comments to the resort team members and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I am just finishing a trip today nd had to write a review about the hotel. The hotel is a bit pricer than others but is worth it. I got the culture package that included private temple tours, massage, dinner, breakfast, museum tickets, and tuk tuk transport to town. Every part of the package from food to tours was amazing. The staff was wonderful and made us feel like VIPs. They coordinated everything and we just worried about showing up, relaxing, and taking it all in.

I loved it here and sad to leave tomorrow!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Jenndewey
Grand Soluxe An... P, Front Office Manager at Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Greetings Jenndewey,

We thank you for the great feedback you have provided - it's always good to hear that our guests enjoyed themselves. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back whenever travel plans bring you back to Siem Reap!