“Peaceful resort”

Angkor Palace Resort & Spa
Ranked #80 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We visited Cambodia with a group of friends. The staff were polite and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. I love the garden by the poolside.The morning buffet was good but they do need improvement for service. They don't have enough staff to work in the morning in the restaurant. Tea was a joke. They two Lipton tea bags into a pot of hot water to make tea. I had to ask for additional tea bag for my tea.

Room Tip: The pool view is the best.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Grand Soluxe An... P, Front Office Manager at Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear kslnycNewYorkCity,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback on your recent stay with us and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at our resort.

Nevertheless, we have duly noted on your comments and we will definitely look into the challenges and to improve on our guest satisfaction. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and we thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and only with feedback can we continue to improve our service standards.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2012

We had two rooms. The air-con in one room was so cold that the room was like an ice box. In the other, it did not work.

They tried to fix it over the 5 days we were there but whatever was wrong, stayed wrong. Not going to go back there again.

Oh and the Spa... No male therapist. So no idea what it was like.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel if you can...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Animitra G

Greetings Animitra,

I am sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience during your stay with our resort. I do not want to give ourselves any excuses; the point is, you did not enjoy your stay and that means we had failed.

Rest assured, I have taken the time to personally discuss this isolated incident with the resort team members, ensuring the team members focus on providing memorable experiences for all guests that stay at the Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace.

Nevertheless, we hope this experience did not deter you from supporting us again. All of us here look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

We recently stayed at this resort for a week with our young daughter. Everything was excellent, but the staff were without a doubt OUTSTANDING; friendly, polite, efficient, cheerful and kind. We loved the pool (our daughter practically lived in it) and the pool bar, the bar staff, (especially Prang) were especially nice, attentive and made a fantastic iced coffee. We also loved the helpful staff that organised transport and trips; the entertainment in the foyer and the board games kept our daughter happy; the amazing food in the restaurant and breakfast cafe; and the location was close enough to everything whilst still being quiet and peaceful. Thank you to everyone for making our tenth wedding anniversary so special!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kristie H

Dear Kristie H,

Greetings to you from Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace!

I was particular happy to read your comment about your excellent experience during your recent stay at our resort. I must agree, Mr. Prang – our pool bar staff is very courteous and friendly.

It is gratifying that the Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace Resort & Spa played some part in your enjoyment of Cambodia and we hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure to welcome you and your family back, we remain.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

I am writing this, with a G & T in hand whilst waiting to leave Siem Reap to fly back to the UK. As I say in my "Title", this is a fabulous hotel. If anyone can find a fault with it I would say that they themselves were "FAULTY". The staff here are very attentive and helpful, I have just this minute been asked if I needed another G & T. You will see that I rated everything about this hotel as "excellent" and I would recommend it anyone thinking of going to visit Siem Reap. You can have 100% faith in letting the hotel organise your trips out , and if you want a great guide ask them to book LEYDAH for you, she is VERY knowledgeable and speaks good English. You do need a guide to get the best out of your visit to the Temple complex and you should allow at least a day and a half to do it.
I can honestly say that you will NOT be disappointed if you stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ian S
Grand Soluxe An... P, Front Office Manager at Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Greetings Ian S,

Thank you so much for posting your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed and like the overall resort concept.

I am so humbled by your comments regarding our service team as well. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you again when your travels next bring you to Siem Reap.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

I personally did not find the service that good but I did find the room to be very clean but a little dated. The hotel was reasonable value but next time I come to Siem Reap I would stay closer to the downtown

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Torontoshanghai

Dear Torontoshanghai,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay with us and I am delighted to know that you like the cleanliness of the room.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Absolutely great rooms with fantastic grounds. The standards at this hotel were fantastic. From the check in to departure they accomodated every request and wanted to exceed your expectations. They had a shuttle to the downtown areas for shopping and dining. Very great. Also they arranged a guide to the temples...so we could maximize our short stay in Cambodia.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Jay R
Grand Soluxe An... P, Front Office Manager at Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Greetings Jay R,

Your evaluation of our hotel and services are most appreciated and thank you for the overall endorsement of our efforts. We take pride in delighting our guests every time by creating engaging experiences straight from our hearts.

We hope to see you again soon and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

5 nights in Siem Reap for which this hotel became a great base. We didn't use the spa, spend much time in the bar or eat there in the evening.....but we did use the pool, swim-up bar for a few cheeky cocktails, driving range and have breakfast each day.

Rooms were clean, well presented, tended to at least twice daily and difficult to fault. Staff throughout were very pleasant and helpful and arranged flowers on arrival for my wife's birthday (requested) and a cake on her actual birthday (not requested - nice surprise).

You do need to take a tuk-tuk into town if you dont want to tie yourself to the evening shuttle bus schedule, but town is only five minutes down the road so this is no big drama. All in all, a very pleasant stay and somewhere you could just unwind at will (though we were there in a quiet September, might be a bit busier as the season progresses).

Only one regret....we booked a 'get the fourth night free' package which meant we had to pay on this day for breakfast. If i had remembered, we probably, for two reasons, would have nipped into town for breakfast. Firstly, 36us$ for two wasn't far off what a really nice dinner cost us the night before excluding drinks...secondly, the same breakfast for 5 days on the trot gets a bit 'samey' but that is absolutely nothing to do with the standard of breakfast being served, more to do with us liking a change from the hotel buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Queenofthebow

Dear Queenofthebow,

We thank you for the great feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences.

Whilst I am pleased to see that your impressions were satisfactory in the main, I have made a special note of the points mentioned which did not meet with your approval, especially on the breakfast menu experience - we will look into it with the team and correct this immediately.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Siem Reap again.