“A first class experience for the family”

Angkor Palace Resort & Spa
Ranked #74 of 338 Hotels in Siem Reap
Singapore
“A first class experience for the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

We've just had a lovely, easy stay at the Grand Soluxe Angkor Wat. The rooms were great, decor and fittings all to an excellent standard. We had two rooms with connecting doors, no issues with mosquitos or other pests but if you leave sweets out then ants will always find them.

Breakfast was very Asian and meat focused but we managed fine. The staff and manager in particular was very helpful and accommodated a late checkout so we could maximise on touring and enjoying the facilities. Would also recommend high tea in the lobby a nice treat after an exhausting day.

Only gripes

1. Room service menu felt quite limited, Not much vegi options or kids options.
2. One of our rooms had a CRT 19" TV which should be updated to larger size although clearly they last forever.
3. The tours booked via the hotel were quite pricey more than double a direct rate.

Room Tip: Higher floor should give a better view of the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Suffolk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

I was transferred here by the hotel I booked as they had only one room left and it had a fault. How lucky, straight away I felt very much at home, welcomed and looked after. I then decided to cancel my booked hotel and stay here the 5 nights.

The pool area is lovely, it is very big, clean and the gardens are well maintained. There is also a swim up bar, a nearby very good well priced spa. Try the massage, it is very good.

The rooms are very big, everything works, nice little balcony, great shower too. Try the breakfast, it has everything and it is world class.

However what makes it, is the staff, everyone, from the bar staff who are professional but friendly, the pool staff, spa and a special mention to the duty manager Soly, who sorted my transfer from the other hotel and made a phone calls for me, even coming to find me around the pool, a true professional and what I call a safe pair of hands, what concerns I had about arriving in a new country for me were soon dispelled by him and his team.

There is a free shuttle bus service to the town at night stopping near Pub Street. It leaves for the last time at 1120pm which is very good all round.

Definate 5 star service all round!

Room Tip: Do use the pillow menu, some are hard but the goose down ones are heaven
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

Cold towels with airport transfers,porters and receptionists are very attentive to our needs. Dinner and breakfast was good during me and my wife first honeymoon stopover.

Our tuk tuk trips to old market street was very interesting on the first day,the 2nd tuk tuk trip was the angor wat trip, be prepared for a dusty ride. =) the drivers for our tuk tuk trips were very friendly. The decor in our room was nice and fresh fruits were served everyday.The Khmer massage was quite relaxing. The last night was to pub street (free transport was provided to and fro), it is a very good service for us to experience night life and also meals and shopping.

English is not their native language but they try what they can to help serve us. Overall, we find that this is the most sincere service one can get while travelling.

Thanks to all the staff for making our honeymoon an enjoyable one.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Bandar Seri Begawan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

We have been very pleasantly surprised by this resort. Booking via Agoda for only SG$114 for a Premium room, we thought it would be so-so, but we were wrong. From the welcome with cool drinks, hot towels and a scarf placed around our necks, this is full-on 5 star service and amenities. The staff are super-friendly and helpful. All requests we have made so far (change of pillows, adjust air-con...) have been dealt with immediately. We were accomodated with early 10am check-in we had requested and the cot (we have a 4 year old and 18 month old) was set up already. The room is large and the bathroom very spacious, with shower (huge) and separate bath, which is good for kids. The TV has lots of satellite channel options with great picture clarity, so kids can relax with movies or cartoons in between temple trips. Room decor is lovely dark wood furniture and beds are a comfy king size. Every day, there is new fresh fruit in the room. The grounds are large and the landscaping is lovely to walk around. Kids enjoyed the well-maintained outdoor playground, with seesaw, swings, slides and bouncers. The kids pool is great and has a small waterslide. I would say, however, we saw few smaller kids at this resort. This seems to be the case for Siem Reap in general - for some reason, not a hotspot for family vacationers. Don't know why - lots of things to do here apart from temples. Breakfast was included and the buffet was extensive, with lots of kid-friendly options. Try to avoid going before7.30am as the tour-bus crowds tend to take over the cafe and it was a bit hectic. The spa onsite is pricey compared to those 'down the road' (but that isn't unusual for resorts) but with the 30% discount vouchers we were given upon check-in, I only paid about US$20 for a very nice massage. Close to town and there are always tuk-tuks at the entrance for a cheap trip in or out to the temples. Temples are only about 20 minutes from here, so a very pleasant ride that is all part of the fun. I could go on, but we booked for 5 nights, then decided to extend for another 5 nights, so that says it all. Came back today to find a bottle of nice red wine and chocolates set up in the room. We really feel like VIPs. Good job, Grande Soluxe.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

By US standards this is not a five star hotel. But it is very nice hotel. And I have stayed in two other Siem Reap hotels and this one is the highest level. The rooms are large and I found comfortable. It is a nice touch that all (I believe) rooms have balconies. The bathroom was large and nice. The breakfast is a diverse mix of wester and eastern. And it quite good (not outstanding but a great way to start out your day. And the service was excellent (from check in to check out). For english speakers, I do believe that one needs to remember that English is not the staff's first language and be understanding. The lobby area was very nice (extremely tall ceilings, open and comfortable temperature. If you want to be able to explore by foot, it may not before you (as it is away from the main action -- which can be a plus). There is a shuttle to downtown during the evening. I was not able to find it going back and could not communicate with staff about to get it (my lack of knowing the area and language), but I got a Tuk Tuk back for only few dollars. I did not pay a 5 star price for the hotel and if I had, my rating would be lower.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

I stayed a night at the Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace, which bills itself as the first Cambodian-owned luxury 5 star resort. I booked through a travel website, purely because I'd signed up for the Angkor Wat half-marathon and, being late and disorganised, found all my prior choices were fully booked. Turned out it was a fortunate thing.
My first impressions were positive. The airport transfer (complimentary) was on time and the driver was polite. I received a rather grand welcome with the ostentatious banging of a gong and a scarf draped round my neck. The reception / lobby lounge area has a distinctive colonial airiness to it with impressively high ceilings and large fans keeping the heat away.
The grounds seemed huge. Led to my room by a sweet and charming member of staff, I saw families splashing around having a fun time in the gorgeous pool. I could see this being a great place for young families. The villa itself was ample and well-appointed with a sizeable bathroom. Admittedly though, I'm a little fussy and the drawbacks I noted were: an understocked mini-bar (no wine which I'd quite have liked, to celebrate finishing the run...!), noisy airconditioning (loud constant tapping through the night) and lukewarm water in the bath and shower even with hot water turned right up.
Having made a booking for 2 nights, I found I needed to get home a day early. Unfortunately, I was too late to cancel and had to pay full price for the 2nd night. Staff offered to see what they could do but as it was booked through a third party website, they couldn't do much at all. So instead, they presented me with a voucher for dinner at the hotel restaurant, which I enjoyed thoroughly. Their Khmer dishes were delicious. The restaurant is small but had a pleasant atmosphere.
Hotel tuktuks are the best way to travel to see Angkor Wat and the town. The resort is about 1 km away from the main drag, but I personally was quite happy spending most of my short time on the premises. It was a tranquil oasis away from the dusty noisy mayhem of the world outside.
Due to my mishap with the booking, I enjoyed a very late checkout which I made good use of, relaxing in the lobby lounge sipping 2 complimentary cocktails.
I unreservedly recommend the Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace. Great rooms and great staff with all manner of extras thrown in. I'm glad to be able to support a Cambodian owned business too. I'd happily have given it 5 stars if not for the few issues I mentioned earlier in this review.

Room Tip: I would take a villa if an affordable option is available. They really are very special, being set a...
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

A perfect 5 night getaway for me and my husband. Food was excellent, comfortable rooms and above everything very very friendly staff.
Hotel staff were very informative and provided all required information on activities available for our holiday.
The shuttle service along with airport pickup and drop off was perfect. Nat, Kim San (Mr India) and all staff were great.
I will recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning to visit Siem Reap Cambodia.

Rumesh & Lucille

Room Tip: Perfect for couples and families with kids.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple