My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 4 days.
We had pre-booked the transfer to save any fuss. It was worth it, especially as we had traveled from London. The driver was easy to find and very friendly. He took our luggage and when we were seated, gave us some cool towels and cold water. On entering the hotel my husband was asked to hit a drum 3 times which was fun and we were given more cool towels, some lovely juice and presented with bright scarves.
The restaurant food is tasty although I do think that the portions could have been a little bigger. The pool is nice with a swim-up bar with a large variety of drinks. Make sure you ask for the lemongrass and salted peanuts - a complimentary snack when drinking at the pool bar.
The spa is beautiful! I had the traditional Cambodian massage involving lovely oils. It was a gorgeous experience.
The rooms are spacious and overlook the pool. One small criticism is that I found the bathroom to be a little dark, especially in the evenings when there is no daylight to help. One one night we found a little lizard in our room but we called room service who removed it from the room.
We were keen to visit the temples in Angkor so we booked a tuk-tuk to pick us up in the morning (4.45am to see the sunrise - definitely worth it). Mr. Bros was our designated driver. He was extremely helpful and again, very very friendly. We kept him for the day (for a little more money) and he took us to the night market and picked us up again. We asked for Mr. Bros 3 days in a row - I would recommended asking for him.
Overall, a wonderful experience with friendly staff and a lovely pool/gardens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the heart of ultimate luxury and bask in the splendor of elegance at Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, the perfect base to explore the legendary Angkor Temples and undiscovered treasures in Cambodia. The only international 5-star resort designed and built by a Cambodian architect, its décor and furnishing reflect the finest in Cambodian architecture, befitting royalty and dignitaries. Nestled invitingly within a spacious 11-hectare estate, the lush resort offers you the serenity of a secluded retreat whilst ensuring you are provided with every possible convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Fastbooking, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Angkor Palace Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace, Resort And Spa
- Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace Hotel Siem Reap
- Angkor Palace Hotel
- Angkor Palace Resort