“Fantastic Resort”

Ranked #79 of 340 Hotels in Siem Reap
MaugFillish
“Fantastic Resort”
Reviewed 14 February 2009

We stayed at this resort in early February and it exceeded all expectations. While in Siem Reap, I had to be hospitalized from some food we think we ate in Thailand and the hotel went out of its way to take care of us and providing us with what we needed. The manager even came to visit us in the Hospital ward a couple times. The hotel food is great at the hotel (despite being expensive, but we didn't want to take chances after just being hospitalized with stomach problems), the accomodations are very large and clean, the air conditioner worked 10x better than our 4-5x hotel in Bangkok, the staff were very curteous and helpful. We liked everything about this hotel and will certainly recommend it and stay here next time we are in Siem Reap! My only regret is that we missed a night at this hotel because we had to spend the night in the hospital (which itself actually was pretty nice).

By the way, if you need medical attention - only go to the Thai International Hospital - the others are very questionable and the Thai hospital was very clean, brand new, and it is clear that the hospital caters mainly to tourists and holds the bar far higher than any of the other medical facilities in the area (I was pretty severely ill and they fixed me up in 26 hours).

• Liked — Hospitable staff
  • Disliked — Some of the prices were more on the expensive side when compared to town
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaugFillish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 February 2009

My fiance and I stayed here for 3 days. The first day didnt go well since our paid arrangement included hotel pick up and no one came at the airport to pick us up. Once we were in the hotel, the front desk did not offer to reimburse us for our taxi just for the principle of it and for the amount - a meager $7, it wasn't worth making our stay start on the wrong foot. The front desk, instead, was insistent that since we did not email the hotel separately, we did not, in essence, arrange for hotel pick up even though our confirmation which we showed him, stated clearly our arrival and that it is included in our package. Who does that?? It left us a bad taste. The manager was of no help as he sat and stared at his computer even though he has seen and heard about our exchange in the front desk. He did not even bother to budge out of his comfortable chair. He seemed to be in his desk on his computer, seeming not caring to know what's going on around him. Everytime we pass by his desk, he was there staring at the machine. Aside from that, the other staff in the pool, driver, and bellboys were all friendly and helpful.

• Disliked — Manager was not helpful including front desk
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
AngkorPalaceResort, General Manager at Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 February 2009
Dear Vacationer2009,

Thank you for your feedback through the TripAdvisor. Truly, your feedback helps us to know the areas that we need to improve in our services to all our guests and how we should be more sensitive and empathetic towards our guests.

We would like to profusely apologize for the unpleasant experience you had during your stay and do not wish to give any excuses for this. We have reviewed your feedback with our whole team and will make every effort to be more sensitive towards our guests.

Once again, our most sincere apology.

Warmest Regards,

Weng Aow
Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia
weng@angkorpalaceresort.com
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 16 December 2008

We stayed here for 4 days mid November 2008. What a fantastic place!

We were picked up by our pre-booked guide (Soluy Loeurt from Siem Reap Guide Service Co - I can highly recommend them) and as soon as we stoped outside the Angkor Palace we were impressed! They couldn't do enough for us - sat us down with a complimentary drink whilst they completed the check in documentation for us!

Our room was huge, the bed was enormous and very comfortable - the a/c a blessing. Great bathroom with a gushing shower.

Breakfast was fantastic (as was any other meal we had there). The service is superb.

Our room overlooked the pool - one of the best hotel pools I have swum in.

I have taken many photos on my trip - look at my Flickr site -

new photos are always being added, however I have included a few of the Angkor Palace (do a search).

It's not far into town and there are always tuk tuk drivers who will not only take you in but wait for you and bring you back again.

We loved this hotel and would love to get back again sometime.

• Liked — The level of service at a great price
  • Disliked — having to leave!
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Strabanejohn
Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2008

We spent three nights at this beautiful hotel. Our room was spacious, beautifully presented and immaculate. Service was always first-class whether in bars, restaurant or reception. We found the Cambodian people to be utterly charming, warm and friendly.

A note of caution, I posted 13 postcards from the hotel, none of which have reached their destination.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lindaraw
Hangvannak, General Manager at Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 February 2009
Thank you very much for your feedback and we truly appreciate all feedback as they help us to constantly improve on our services to all our patrons.

As a foreigner who has been in this destination for a few years, I agree with you that the postal service in the province needs to improve in its services. Indeed, I have personally seen improvement though I would say there is still a long way to meeting the expectations of discerning travellers coming from developed countries. We will take note to inform all our guests when they would like to send postcards.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback.

Sincere regards,

Weng AOW
Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia
weng@angkorpalaceresort.com
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2008

I stayed here with my husband and 2 children (aged 4 and 5) for 2 nights. I was very impressed with the hotel for many reasons. I found the staff friendly, the service above average and the feel of the place most relaxing.

We needed a comfortable base for visiting the temples, with a nice pool, and this hotel is perfect. The transfer was included, and was reliable. The 2 extra beds weren't there when we arrived but were quickly added to the room. We checked in at 9.30am and could go straight to the room. Its one of the first times I've had extra towels put in the bathroom without having to ask for them.

I needed something printed from my emails and along with the free internet access they printed my documents at no charge.

Breakfast was great, a good size buffet. The evening buffet on the Friday was great too, just disappointing there was no buffet on the Saturday.

I wish I'd taken mosquito coils as once on the balcony with the kids in bed, we were eaten alive as we were the only people on any of the balconies, so the insects all came to our party! A rare, good light for reading, also good for attracting insects!!

We used the hotel's drivers and guides and thought they were good value.

A place I would recommend to anyone.

• Liked — It had everything we needed with no hassle
  • Disliked — lack of mosquito coils for the balcony - would have been a useful addition
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Maxwells-in-Malaysia
Nurmijarvi, Finland
Reviewed 23 October 2008

I got quite a good price for the room on expedia and when I arrived at the hotel I was amazed how good it was.
the plot is about 200m back from the main city-airport road, so no traffic noise, the hotel buildings are built around a very large pool and gardens and my room had a small terrace facing the pool with bushes and trees to give me some privacy.
the room itself was big and nicely furnished, the bathroom was especially big.
the restaurant was nice and had a good breakfast and dinner was nice also.
the welcome was fantastic. I was sat down on a sofa, taken through the paper work, given fruit juice and then shown to the room.
before arriving I arranged a car/driver and personal guide to the temple and everything went so smoothly. I landed at the airport at 08:00 and by 09:30 I was checked into the hotel, showered and in the back of the car with the guide on the way to the temples. since I was only in siem reap from sat morning - sun afternoon this made maximum use of my time and all went wonderfully smoothly, the hotel had arranged everything I asked for.
finally even though I arrived at 9am on saturday they gave me early check in and I only paid for one night, even though i checked out at 17:00 on sunday.

• Liked — location. gardens in the middle of the hotel.
  • Disliked — nothing. almost perfect place to stay. and good price too.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Le066
Ireland
Reviewed 8 September 2008

Angkor place was alot more than we expected. It has 5 star quality everywhere. Our room was very big with private balcony, seperate shower and bath, free internet, tea/coffee etc. It had everything we needed and more. Breakfast was buffet with a large variety. Swimming pool was the best we have seen in Asia. We used the gym once and played a game of tennis. All these facilities are complementary!! It was lush and i would highly recommend. The hotel is very near airport and not far from the Temples. It is a Tuk Tuk(lots outside hotel) to pub street! Complimentary bus available at hotel aswell!!

• Liked — Value for money. 5 star quality but less than 5 star prices!!
  • Disliked — Security closes gate at 11 so one night we had to walk to the main door from the front entrance. Explained to duty manager and it was opened the next night
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple