“Some nights in Angkor”

Ranked #53 of 493 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Zurich, Switzerland
“Some nights in Angkor”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed in Nov. 2013 at Petit Villa (the sister hotel from petit temple, 50m next to it) and had the chance to visit Petit Temple when it was still under construction. The owner of the two hotels explained me that time, that its his idea that every customer just feels at home when he enters the hotel.

Now we are back in Siem Reap. Because the people in cambodia are so nice and friendly, because the country is so beautiful, because it felt like a mistake when we left last time so early and that we have not spent more time in Cambodia.

Because we had so good experiences with petit villa we decided to stay this time at petit villa and petit temple.

The hotel is really nice, very new (opened December 2013). If you ask me if i would recommend the hotel, I would say to you: I went back to the hotel just 2 month later, so I recommended it actually to me personally!

The hotel is new so is a part of the hotel crew. Not every process is still perfect, but thats normal in a new hotel. But when you are there, you feel from the very first minute that the people really try to make your stay at their hotel the best experience! So this is absolutely not a problem.

When I read some comments from other customers complaining that somebody has stolen money???? I can NOT believe that. We had a lot of close contacts to the people working in this hotel and I am sure they would never take something from you!

When I will go back to Siem Reap maybe in 2 years or so, I will definitely go again to petit temple or petit villa if possible. I can just recommend this hotel so much.

And yes, there is a rat. I saw it. They try to kill it. But as you know, this animal is quite smart. And the rat lives not in the hotel (what I would understand if it decides to stay there ;-), it is from outside, a non paying customer! And its a nice one. Maybe the hotel crew could buy a cat, so no more rats anymore.

The rooms are really nice, in Angkor Wat style. And the breakfast is just the best you will get on your whole asian trip.

So let summarize in a nutshell. If you go to Siem Reap, book some nights (1-3) at petit temple or petit villa, and decide then. I am sure you will do everything to stay at these hotels during your whole stay in Siem Reap!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike-A1984
Petit T, Owner at Petit Temple Suite & Spa, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Mike,

A cheer and greetings from your Family Home in Siem Reap !

Thank you very much for choosing Petit Temple as place of your choice. I must apology of any inconvenience may caused during the stay, we strike what ever possible to deliver the need of our resident, in live there are thing not meet our demand and we learn from to improve it. You made a very right statement how you feel and experience our place; I cannot thank you enough to hear such a lovely courage comment toward staff member that you specifically pointed out of how friendliness our staff at Petit Family.

This is what we Petit Family is working on very hard every day to succeed each of our resident expectation.

Mike, thank you very much the confident and we owned you big gratitude to you and me and my team looking forward to welcoming you home in Cambodia.

We committed to do what ever it takes to deliver a fond memorable experience to each of our guest.

Please drop me a note at md@petittemple.com shall plan to come back soon.

Siem Reap - Angkor - Cambodia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here over the new year period. We had originally booked with a different hotel and 2 days prior to arriving in Siem Reap we were told that this hotel had actually overbooked and we were now going to stay at Petit Temple! So we arrived New Year's Eve - however being a busy period Petit Temple had no room for us! So One of the lovely staff at Petit Temple organised for us to stay at a 5 star hotel for the night (free of charge!) before returning to Petit Temple New Year's Day. We can't thank him enough, as everywhere in Siem Reap was full and we would have been on the street so thank you so much!!!!
The hotel has lovely decor and staff are very friendly. However - one thing that did ruin our stay was mice in our room (I am PETRIFIED of them - led to 2 sleepless nights!) so I recommend not staying in a ground floor room. It is situated in a great location - 5/10 mins or so walk to pub street where all the action is.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Value Resident,

A cheer and greetings from your Family Home in Siem Reap !

Thank you very much for choosing Petit Temple as place of your choice. I must apology of any inconvenience may caused during the stay especially the peak period of year end where all hotels in siem reap fully occupied; I cannot thank you enough to hear such a lovely courage comment toward staff member that you specifically pointed out of how friendliness our staff at Petit Family and assisting you by all mean to ensure you get the real experience in siem reap. Again thank you for pointed out, this is what the result of our commitment of doing what it take to succeed each of guest satisfaction and making sure they feel this is their home in Cambodia.

I hope not in far distance and our honor to welcome you back home soon. Please drop me a note at md@petittemple.com shall plan to come back soon.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Our stay was pretty terrible. We booked 3 nights at the Petit Villa in December. The owners have bought a second hotel on the same street and so are putting guests in both hotels. The hotel was not yet completed - they were doing loud construction all day long. The rooms were damp and smelled of mould. On the second night we discovered a cockroach infestation in our wardrobe. After alerting reception they merely gave us a can of bug spray to deal with the situation. After there were about 10 dead cockroaches on the floor we asked to move rooms. We never received so much as an apology - the new room was smelled mouldy as well. This was our 'treat' hotel for our trip, $130/night is a huge amount of money in Cambodia and I expected so much more for it. The staff are very friendly but speak very little English and nobody took control when things started to go wrong. I would never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank caitiepietravels
Brussels
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed for a couple of nights in December because the sister hotel - Le petit villa - was fully booked. The hotel is partly still under construction and having the usual teething problems of new establishment. On the good side - staff was very nice and they really tried hard to make a good impression; rooms are big, with good beds and nicely decorated; the location is great as the area is very authentic but short 10 minute stroll away from the Old Market. Now the short comings - there is hardly any space around the swimming pool to sit or lounge, which is a pity, because is a nice, big pool; the pool view rooms (ground floor) are so dark, that you have to have the light on at all times, because the 1st floor rooms have huge balconies blocking out the day light. There is a lot of water in the courtyard, it looks extremely handsome and green with small fish and board walks, but mosquitos love it too. Last problem will be probably solved soon, because the staff and managers were aware of it - there were rats running around the dining/pool area in broad daylight. Hopefully the pest control in Siem Reap is already working on it. Overall - we paid 70 euros for room incl. breakfast and our feeling was that the hotel was not worth it. This might change in the future once they solve the problems related to a new hotel, but for example lack of light in the rooms will be a permanent issue.

Room Tip: All ground floor (pool view) rooms are very dark.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Petit T, Owner at Petit Temple Suite & Spa, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Mr Hunbause,

A cheer and greetings from your Family Home in Siem Reap !

Thank you very much for the stayed at Petit Temple and I cannot express enough of my profound appreciation toward your comment that pointed out rightly how you feel and experience our place. I must thank you for that and please accept our sincere apology that you feel our product and service not meet your expectation.

I did take a seriously review your frank comment that shared on this forum and pleased allow us to be part of your future host and if you come back again, we are more than delighted to allow you experience our product and service on next step.

Team and me are looking forward to welcoming you home soon again, please drop me a line directly

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The place so unique in the way how it looks and felt that we walked in past and experience the today culture. I cannot express right tone of voice. Great room , very friendly staff, big pool and yes we had good tutk driver

You won't be disappointment to stay . I highly recommend and will be back

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi dear,

A cheer and greetings from your Family Home in Siem Reap !

Thank you very much for the stayed at Petit Temple and I cannot express enough of my profound appreciation toward your comment and it is so important to hear and receive such a value note from our guest .

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I have booked with this hotel for my Christmas vacations through booking.com. 2 weeks before my arrival I have confirmed my booking with the hotel and everything seemed ok.
But 1 week before my arrival they said that there was a problem with their system and that they would transfer me to a different hotel which looked worse. Because it was high season, I accepted their offer after a lot of arguments but I requested to put me at least in the best room they had. Of course they agreed and they confirmed that they would have their villa room ready for me.
Unfortunately when I arrived there they gave me a room in their house and not in the hotel building, pretty bad and old, and when I didn't accept it they showed me a small room in the backyard which was far worse from the villa room I have booked with Petit Villa initially.
The staff tried to help but the reservations manager didn't bother to show up or call. It was his fault and the one who I had mad the arrangements with.
After all the staff explained that the room I have booked with Petit Villa had a problem with its bathroom and smelled terrible.
Even if I accept that, it is totally unprofessional to transfer your guests last minute to a far worse hotel and don't even show up to apologize or transfer them to a better hotel at your own cost. It seems that they were happy to trick us...
As you understand, I found a good hotel on the spot and moved to that.
But I have already lost half day in Siem Reap and ruined my mood because of their unprofessionalism.
So I would not recommend it this hotel at all. It will save you energy and bad mood...

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple