“A special place”

Ranked #122 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Berkeley, California
“A special place”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Journeys Within is a special hotel because of the incredible staff: The wait staff, the cooks, the wonderful, wonderful woman who gives massages. The rooms are lovely. Not super luxury, but immaculate and tastefully decorated and very, very comfortable. I felt at home and highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travel__Lover

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Well…..I have so many expressions from our trip to Cambodia and it is not so easy to describe all of them in one review, but I will try.
First of all I would like to thank all JW team for our Cambodian holidays. Our program was planned very good.
Well, let’s start from the hotel. This is a boutique hotel located just in the right place if you plan to spend your time observing the main places of interests. Also, Pub street, market and restaurants are also close, even the hotel provides with free tuk-tuk service in the evenings.
The territory is not very big, but everything is so clean and green, that you feel like in the big and quiet garden.
The villas are very comfortable and clean. You will find all necessary items in your room.
I would like to thank all staff of JW especially those people who cooked all these delicious dishes for us. The breakfast was amazing, so every night I went to bed dreaming of morning and making my breakfast choice. Also we tried many menu options for the lunch and dinner and all dishes were fantastic: so fresh and tasty!
The swimming pool is your rescuer during the hot days. Also the hotel provides you with the free laundry service which is also very useful in the hot Asian climate.
At our first night we took massage as we had a long flight and we liked our SPA time so much!
As for our cultural program I would like to thank our guides, who took care of us during this trip. We visited many temples, waterfall, village and during all these excursions our guide gave us many interesting facts and information, advices about the best places for pictures. I highly recommend you to go to the village tour and see the local life with its simple and pure things.
I don’t know how, but all JW staff make everything you feel comfortable. And I want to say a very big thank to each person who made our holidays so relaxed, interesting. I felt like I came to visit my relatives in the other country, so I felt as I am home.
So, may be this review is more emotional, but I am sure that hospitality is not only comfortable beds, hot water and conditioner in the room (all of them are in JW boutique hotel), but also the atmosphere and people who help you to feel their soul in each part of this beautiful place.
I regret just about one thing, that we spent only 4 days in this place, so next time we will stay only here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erya82
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed three nights at Journeys Within. We had a family room which consisted of two very large rooms and 2 bathrooms. The rooms were spotless. The pool was large and very clean. We ate all our breakfast there and one lunch. The food is wonderful, you order what you want the night before and it comes out fresh at the time you requested. The service in the restaurant was perfect. One other perk we really appreciated was the free laundry service. I will always have fond memories of my time here. A bonus was there dog Tuna. We were missing our dogs at home so we enjoyed some time with her.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms.
1 Thank kidsaroundtheworld
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Journeys Within Boutique Hotel - what a great place to stay! The prefect combination of friendly service and a homely atmosphere combined with beautiful, clean, spacious and stylish rooms and a wonderful pool - a real oasis of calm. Forget the stuffy formality of a big hotel, this place is relaxed and genuine, without sacrificing great service and quality. 100% recommended!

Room Tip: The family suite is ideal for families and overlooks the beautiful pool area.
Moscow
Reviewed 29 August 2013

From the moment of arrival when we were greeted by Michelle with fresh pineapple juice and a briefing on the many activities on offer in Siem Reap, I knew that this would be a wonderful break. The room was airy, spacious and clean. Great bathroom and there was always plenty of drinking water. The team at reception were very accommodating in arranging bicycle tours, khmer massage, cooking lessons, and of course guides around the myriad of temples that Ankor Wat has to offer. The hotel is centrally located, but very importantly on a quiet street, which allows you to sleep well, enjoy the gardens and pool and general tranquility. Delicious breakfast! Try the waffles (and everything else!)

Thanks to all the team who made it such a great trip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
sausalito
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I loved every minute of this experience! The property, staff, room, food and details were all excellent! Every small detail was taken care of. When we arrived, our room was exactly how it looked in the pictures, with flowers on our beds. Air conditioning was cold and beds were comfy. Water was plentiful and bathrooms were upgraded and really modern. The housekeeping staff came at least twice with a turndown service. The free laundry was such a nice touch. It is hand washed and hung to dry. I was so grateful with the humidity! Meals were delicious and Raja (spelling) was so personable and lovely in the restaurant. The grounds were so pretty. The other staff were always saying hello to us and were naturally outgoing. The hotel management (esp. Michelle and Macara) always knew what we were doing next with our plans. Our stay was seamless and I hated to leave. I just loved this place and hope to be able to return next summer. What an excellent deal this beautiful hotel was and a treat to be able to chat and interact with the local people! Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 20 August 2013

If you are looking for a boutique hotel and tour company in Siem Reap look no farther. This hotel is wonderful for either couples or families with children. The location is ideal- very close to airport, old market and Angkor Wat. The hotel is excellent value for money- free transfers, free breakfast, free water and soft drinks, free internet, free tuk-tuk rides, even free laundry service. We stayed in the family suite which was huge, spotless, and comfortable. It exceed all of our expectations.
We also used the Journey's Within Tour Company and highly recommend them as well. Honestly, I have no criticisms and we have travelled extensively in Asia and Europe. I hope you enjoy Cambodia as much as we did.