My wife and I stayed at this wonderful hotel for four nights in January, 2014 in an upstairs deluxe double room. This was the BEST hotel experience of our SE Asia trip. The hospitality was topnotch and we felt so at home and welcome here.
This small 10 room hotel has modern, spacious, and beautifully decorated rooms in a quiet, lush setting. The staff were all genuinely personable and helpful. The restaurant serves excellent food. We enjoyed the food and talking with the friendly waitresses (Rath and Bowrai) so much that we ate almost all our meals here as for us it was like eating home-cooked food. The helpful and enthusiastic front desk staff, Makara, arranged an excellent guide (Mr. Soeun Sen) and driver for us for three days. Mr. Sen scheduled our visits to the temples so that we were able to avoid the worst of the big bus Asian tourists crowds. Best of all, this hotel works to improve lives of the local population by running a school for children next door.
Tips: 1) Hire a guide and driver through the hotel for a tour of the temples, 2) Get a massage by Nan, and 3) Order the sweet popcorn for an after dinner snack.
- Super friendly and personable staff; some speak more English than others
- Oasis in Siem Reap with lush landscaping
- Restaurant on site with excellent food
- Delicious breakfast with many choices
- Modern well-decorated room
- Arranges excellent guide for tour of temples
- Relaxing massages by skillful massage therapist, Nan
- Free laundry service
- Free evening tuk tuk service
- Socially conscious hotel works with the local community
- Extremely generous supply of complimentary water and soft drinks in room fridge
- Can be noisy in afternoon with kids playing at the pool
- At dawn and dusk, lots of mosquitoes so come armed with your repellant
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Community Residence Siem Reap run by local Cambodian and this is the social business. At Community Residence Siem Reap, we want you to feel like you are staying with friends, that means never nickel and diming our guests for small necessities. Every room rate includes all the amenities you would expect to have at your home...and then some: ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Community Residence Siem Reap reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.