“Hidden Oasis”

Ranked #124 of 357 Hotels in Siem Reap
Truckee, California
“Hidden Oasis”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Loved it! We stayed 5 nights at the JWBH and had a lovely time. The property is just beautiful and the pool was great! Our room was enormous and it was an essential refuge after spending the day out in the heat looking at temples. The restaurant was delicious and also provides great room service. (I particularly enjoyed the coconut curry.) We chose to have breakfast on our balcony one morning just to enjoy the setting. The staff is wonderful and very helpful- I was sunning at the pool and was pleasantly surprised with a glass of ice water. These was plenty of drinking water in the room, replenished every day. The free laundry service was a lifesaver as well as we were visiting during one of the warmer months. The tuk-tuk service into town is a great feature and so much fun! I would definitely go back to this hotel and would definitely recommend it to other travelers. This is a great hotel for couples and families alike. The kids will love Tuna, the very sweet little resident dog who politely greets new guests. She particularly loves children.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Courtney R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Kington Langley, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Loved this place. Michelle was brilliant, welcomed us on arrival and explained all we needed to know about the area, the services of the hotel and general tourist information. The rooms were well equipped and the first that we stayed in whilst in Vietnam and Cambodia to have international plugs and mosquito deterrent outside the rooms. Children loved the pool. Breakfast was good too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Torrance, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This was an excellent to stay, we stay 4 night with my family so great!
The room very comfortable and good size, the staff were friendly. We really love the bearfast here.
Service was very good, very happy to stay here, we loved Seimreap and we love the Resort very much, we would like come back here on next holiday.

Stayed April 2014
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Very quiet and very friendly. The staff are amazing and are always there to help out and to organise things. The rooms are spacious, clean and inviting. Michelle did a fantastice job with advice on everything from restaurants to organising a reputable doctor for our daughter who was bitten by a dog in another part of the country. Complimentry pick up and drop to the airport or bus terminal and tuk tuk's each night to town. Breakfast is good and the other meals we had there were also first class. Couldn't recommend highly enough.
Thanks for a great stay!!

Room Tip: Anything by the pool
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
UK
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We spent 4 days at Journeys Within and it was just what we wanted. A lovely large room overlooking the pool. Excellent service. A lovely pool with sunbeds and shade. Good breakfast with lots of choice. Free airport collection and dropoff and free tuktuk to and from the town in the evening. The staff are excellent, very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Brinuk
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Abosultely charming boutique hotel - nestled in a quiet neighbourhood yet close to major attractions. The grounds are lovely - beautiful landscaping and a gorgeous pool which came with sunhats, towels and floats. The family bungalow was luxuriously spacious and had lots of running space for the kids. Hearty breakfast (of our choice and delivered to our bungalow), laundry service, sodas in the fridge and evening tuk tuk rides were all complimentary.

The staff spoke excellent English and were very hospitable and thoughtful, always going the extra mile to make sure our needs were met. We also got the travel arm of the hotel to plan our itinerary, which turned out to be very comprehensive yet family-friendly. Our guide, Sina, was fabulous - knowledgable, patient, accommodating and always kept the children entertained with jokes and riddles.

Highly recommended for family vacation!

Room Tip: Family bungalow is a great choice for families!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank k_1819
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Please excuse any name mispells. As a single female 'Boomer' from a small quiet town in Canada, Journeys Within Boutique Hotel gave me the calm and confidence to explore further and further, on my own. Their guide and driver service is tops. I will always remember my time with Sina, as his historical depictions were clear and professional. He answered all my questions, spontaneously teaching to my needs. His amazing bird calls drew birds and other tourists, and provided a welcome break. Quiet Chandre, the driver, made me feel secure on the roads and at the end of a hot temple visit, his cold wet cloths and water were just what the doctor ordered.
Nan's Khmer massages, my use of the natural salt water pool, great adventures and super beds and linens (slept like a baby) resulted in actually losing my normally persistant back pain. I feel stronger. The fruit plate that comes with breakfast is amazing, and although I did explore Cambodian cuisine, my meals at Journeys were always special. Rwath ( sp?) not only delivered ordered food but kindly showed up with water on a hot afternoon in the pool. There are always fresh towels, sun hats, water toys for big and small, great loungers and clean water. I love that young families with small children and retired folk enjoy the same amenities.

I came to Cambodia with little knowledge, but through the kind explanations of Rwath, Makara, Bros, Boren (a working University student), and others, I learned much and enjoyed our conversations. Soti opened my eyes to village life and sustainable farming methods. From children to the very elderly, I was Impressed with the open and trusting way I was allowed to glimpse into their lives. Bring some fruit (the one that looks like eyeballs when you skin it) for the elderly and we brought a few apples for the youngsters. Most were at school. I do recommend touching base with the lovely people that work at Journeys, if you are interested in the culture and the people. Michelle, the manager of the Journeys Boutique Hotel , is a gregarious mind reader who seems to be able to pinpoint your particular needs and direct you accordingly. The owner, Brandon, managed to procure the black thread and needle that I needed. Thanks to All!!
I left Siem Reap to experience other parts of Cambodia, and when I returned to Journeys for
my last four days (excellent idea) it was like coming home. I was travel weary and the thoughtful
laundry people had all my clothes back that evening, guessing that I had very few clean items. Journeys arranges your Tuk-tuks and I appreciate this service, as I was in and out on a whim during my last days here.
The Gardeners at Journeys keep all spaces looking tidy and the variety of flowers trees and plants are arranged with care. There is a person on Duty near the entrance and Tuna the dog
became my 4:00 am patio buddy when I reached my quota of sleep. I love the fish pond and the aquatic plants. I spent one morning simply practicing my closeup shots of flowers, plants and a large camera shy geco.
Journeys Within Our Community, supports education and community projects. You can
find a haven for yourself/family and know that you support an ethical organization as well.
Or......simply relax and enjoy. In the end its all great!!!!!

P.S. This would be a great spot for a small group of retired teachers to rest, learn and perhaps
renew. I love Journeys......I love Cambodia. Everything is possible.

Older Retired Teacher, MaryAnne

Room Tip: I've stayed in 3 rooms at different times, and all three had their own character, always reflect...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo