“Above and beyond what great service should be.”
Review of 288 Boutique Hotel

288 Boutique Hotel
Ranked #104 of 512 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My friends and I spent three nights at the Boutique Villa. This guest house used to be called "No Problem Villa" (Which I stayed at in 2013), but now it is under new management and has been beautifully renovated just this past year. The rooms were very nice and modern looking, the beds were comfortable, and the bathroom clean. The rooms we stayed in featured air conditioning and a hot water heater for the shower. We had a refrigerator and a TV (The later got no use). Boutique Villa also had a feature that I wish more guests houses had, which was the inclusion of a in-room electronic keypad safe. Boutique Villa also features a brand new beautiful pool, which was nice to jump in after some long days of Temple exploration. The greatest asset of Boutique Villa however, is it's friendly and helpful staff. We requested of the Concierge / Manager some pretty tall orders, which he went about with tenacity and determination to fulfill. One such example was he was able to charter a shuttle for us to Sihanoukville on Cambodian New Year, with only a few hours notice at 8:PM at night! I think most other Concierges would give-up after a few dead ends, but our Concierge at Boutique Villa was determined to help us in any request. Boutique Villa's staff was constantly asking what they can do to improve our stay, it is this commitment to excellence and their friendly staff that will earn a repeat visit from me next year.

1  Thank G-Smallz
288BoutiqueVilla, Manager at 288 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear G-Smallz,

Thank you very much for staying with us during Khmer New Year 2014!
I really appreciate your great feedback especially regarding hotel facilities, our service and management team, Your great compliment which serves as our reward “Above and beyond what great service should be.”. I will keep up our good job and great team work at 288 boutique villa.
we’d love to welcome you and family back again next year.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Staff is very friendly, the service is very good, the hotel is very close to the night market with bar street, just need to walk for 10 minutes. The room is very comfortable , will come back to here if i go to siem reap again ! We have a great time to when we live here .

4  Thank TTZHAO
288BoutiqueVilla, Manager at 288 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear TTZHAO,

Happy Khmer New Year!
Thank you for appreciating the friendliness of our staff, location of 288 Boutique Villa "the hotel is very close to the night market with bar street, just need to walk for 10 minutes" as well as the warm Cambodian hospitality from all of us.
We are looking forward to serve you again in the near future.

Pon and all 288 Boutique Villa team

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My three children and I stayed in two rooms at this hotel, last week. It was so wonderful I had to leave a review. The staff is incredibly helpful, polite, and welcoming. My toddler really loved the wonderful girl who worked in the restaurant who always picked her up and talked to her. The rooms have air conditioning, the garden where breakfast is served is beautiful, and the pool was the perfect place to pass the time in the hot middle part of the day. Highly recommend as a wonderful place to stay with children (or without them)! Within short walking distance of a fun night market, convenience stores, and other shops. Convenient location to the Angkor temples and the airport. Easy to find tuk tuks near the hotel, and was a good place to meet our tour guide every morning. I hope more Americans like us will use this hotel! It was a pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank 794katherineg
288BoutiqueVilla, Manager at 288 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Ms. Catherine,
Happy Khmer New Year!
We really appreciate your great feedback especially regarding our service, I love your word "The staff is incredibly helpful, polite, and welcoming". We will keep up our good job and always seek to respond and act on any problems or issues pointed out to us by our guests.
We’d love to welcome you and family back again in the future.
“Sam Nang La Or”!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

The hotel rooms are very clean. Also, the decoration in the hotel rooms is beautiful. In addition, the service was great. When we needed an extra bed, the bed was sent in quickly and was arranged nicely. However, one minor problem I have was that the lock for my room was spoiled. Overall, I have a great time there.

2  Thank CathToh
288BoutiqueVilla, Manager at 288 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Cath Toh,
Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback on your stay with us. I am very glad to hear that you’ve had an enjoyable stay in our hotel experiencing our services, rooms are cleaned and the decoration of our hotel rooms.
I sincerely apology for any inconvenience caused, due to the lock in your room, I will carefully check and fixed this minor problem.

I hope that we would be able to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

For individual travelers with low prices and friendly service, and communication was good enough feedback.
Is also a great traveler in the family or individual.
However, in walking down Pub Street is not recommended.

Room Tip: recommend the last cell corridor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Minkichoi
288BoutiqueVilla, Manager at 288 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Minkichoi,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your heartwarming compliments. I am very pleased to know that you liked everything about our hotel and friendly service. I hope you had a wonderful visit to Siem Reap and looking forward to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed at Boutique Villa for almost two weeks in the latter half of March, 2014. On arrival, we were greeted with a welcome drink and reception staff that were warm, and keen to assist us with checking in, and any other enquiries we had. Initially we were placed in a room with a broken air-conditioner, but the manager promptly removed us as soon as we alerted him to it. We appreciated his quick response as these things happen, but his calm nature and willingness to resolve the issue soon had us forgetting it had even happened. He then put us in a room next to reception that was clean, comfortable and had an icy cold air conditioner (which came in handy when I fell ill a few days later). The buffet breakfast had all of the basics, and was served by friendly and smiling staff. I would recommend a stay here, just for the Management and staff alone, who will do anything they can to ensure that you enjoy your stay (Oh, and the pool is small, but perfectly suited to Boutique Villa which has a more intimate environment than other large scale hotels) .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DarleneRada

Dear Darlene,

A big thank you for staying with us for almost two weeks and for sharing wonderful and encouraging compliments which I will share to the whole 288 Boutique Villa team. I am truly glad that you have enjoyed your stay, Swimming Pool, the food, the hotel and friendliness of our staff.
We always seek to respond and act on any problems or issues pointed out to us by our guests.

We are looking forward to getting an opportunity to welcome you back to 288 Boutique Villa one day!

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

The staff here is incredibly polite and helpful. They have a great pool that is very private to help separate you from the bustle of Siem Reap since you are very close to pub street and all it's activity.

Breakfast was wonderful, choice of breakfast styles from all over the globe, American, French, local, etc was included free with our stay. The restaurant is great and offered great dining options for the rest of the day.

There tuk-tuk driver was incredibly safe and took us wherever we wanted to go including transfer to and from the airport. We had him all day for $14 and he took us around to all the temples and waited patiently for us.

I highly recommend 288 and will stay here again when I come to Siem Reap.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Will H
288BoutiqueVilla, Manager at 288 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Mr. Will,
Thank you very much for the great comments on your experience at 288 Boutique Villa "Great Place", "The staff here is incredibly polite and helpful" and our facilities including : our staff, location, breakfast at the restaurant and driver.

I hope that your stay created wonderful memories of 288 Boutique Villa. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kindest regards,