“Nice little hotel with friendly staff”
Review of 288 Boutique Hotel

and 1 more site!
288 Boutique Hotel
Ranked #92 of 530 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Nice little hotel close to the market in Siem Reap. As everywhere in Cambodia, shower and toilet at in the same room, separated only by a tiny curtain. So the whole room was under fire after showering. The breakfast and cocktails are very Cambodian, too: the local choices are way better than the "European" ones. So those who don't mind a soup for breakfast will have a lovely meal. The staff was always good-mooded and very helpful at all times, and the price is really good with 18$ per night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank James P
288BoutiqueVilla, Manager at 288 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear James,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we really appreciate your compliment about our hotel location, friendliness and helpful staff at 288 Boutique Villa. Especially you got a very special rate from us only $18/night.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your breakfast. Many of our guests do enjoy. And we provide Western and Asian selection of breakfast: set menu breakfast, When our hotel occupancy is full we have additional buffet breakfast corner and a la cart menu to fulfill our customer needs; we sincerely apology and we will do our utmost effort to make our breakfast even better.

We try to constantly better our service and care of our guests. Guest feedback helps us greatly in identifying guest issues. We always seek to respond and act on any problems or issues pointed out to us by our guests.

Please don't hesitate to contact us by Email: <gm@288boutiquevilla.com> to get the best services directly from us.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My team of 26 people was very happy with our stay in this hotel. We had a surprise birthday party for one of the team members and the hotel manager play along with us and even throw in free drinks for everyone of us. It exceed my expectation so much that I have to re-frame my team members' expectations for the accommodation that we are going to have had in Phnom Penh.

There is a swimming pool in the hotel and I regretted not bringing my swimming trunk.

2  Thank Low K
288BoutiqueVilla, Manager at 288 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Low,
Thank you for the wonderful compliments you paid to our team and to 288 Boutique Villa. I am very happy that you and your group 26 people had a surprise birthday party for one of the team members. Thank you very much for choosing our boutique villa on your group special occasion and visit Angkor Wat, We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Wishing you and your team “Sam Nang La Or”!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

From arrival to departure the staff were lovely, so friendly and full of smiles! A Ei in particular - we had some lovely chats :)

I was on the first floor, room was fine (grouting in bathroom could do with a good scrub!) with fridge, safe, TV, comfy bed and quiet air con.

Good location, ten or so minutes walk to pub street and the night market with restaurants and shops along the way.

I was met at the airport by a tuc tuc arranged through the hotel which was great, I assumed he and the other driver who were always outside the hotel were attached to the hotel so their fares would be the same as the hotel leaflets. They're not, so do make sure you book through the hotel directly (even though said drivers will come and speak to you at breakfast). The security guard was amazing in helping sorting out the misunderstanding - he didn't need to and given the driver was trying to charge triple what it should have been I really appreciated his help.

Later that day I went to the concert at the children's hospital (definitely worth the trip for an insight I into healthcare here) and having learnt my lesson (!) I asked at reception roughly how much a tuc tuc should be. The gentleman came out to hail one and speak to the driver to make sure it was all ok - very thoughtful and appreciated. Also, the driver came to collect me at the end which was fab - I know it means he knew he had another fare but it works well both ways.

Breakfast was ok, again such a lovely welcome from the staff! I had two dinners at the hotel too, very reasonable and good food.

Pool was lovely and refreshing and pool towels are provided.

Very good value for money and felt safe as a solo female, the guard even came out to see me off at 5am for sunrise over Angkor Wat!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Claire J
288BoutiqueVilla, Manager at 288 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Claire,
It’s great to receive your compliments on TripAdvisor and thank you for the great comments – particularly about our lovely staff, location, room facilities and amazing security guard! despite some confusion with tuk tuk driver outside the hotel and try to charge you a higher price then normal.
288 Boutique Villa-Located in the heart of Siem Reap city-just footsteps to Night Market, Old Market as well as other tourist attractions. Hence there are many outsider tuk tuk drivers stand by along the main street.
I would like to share with others travelers that the drivers and guides are not our hotel employees, please make sure to book your visit directly with our receptionists. you will get even a better price than outsider.

Claire, We’d love to welcome you back again and please let us know when you have booked your next stay so we can ensure it’s equally memorable.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel is located close to the city centre. Bikes were available. The room was clean and cosy – make sure you get one on an upper floor facing the garden. Sleep quality was generally okay. Our AC lost water, but after two nights we were transferred to a new room. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The pool was nice but didn't seem to be all too clean. Breakfast was good. Very good value – we paid 23$ for a double room per night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 5months2014
288BoutiqueVilla, Manager at 288 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your valued time and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed our hotel with our extremely friendly and helpful team; despite some inconvenience due to AC lost water and Pool water was not clear.
please accept my sincere apologies I hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and thank you very much again for your comments.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My friends and I spent three nights at the Boutique Villa. This guest house used to be called "No Problem Villa" (Which I stayed at in 2013), but now it is under new management and has been beautifully renovated just this past year. The rooms were very nice and modern looking, the beds were comfortable, and the bathroom clean. The rooms we stayed in featured air conditioning and a hot water heater for the shower. We had a refrigerator and a TV (The later got no use). Boutique Villa also had a feature that I wish more guests houses had, which was the inclusion of a in-room electronic keypad safe. Boutique Villa also features a brand new beautiful pool, which was nice to jump in after some long days of Temple exploration. The greatest asset of Boutique Villa however, is it's friendly and helpful staff. We requested of the Concierge / Manager some pretty tall orders, which he went about with tenacity and determination to fulfill. One such example was he was able to charter a shuttle for us to Sihanoukville on Cambodian New Year, with only a few hours notice at 8:PM at night! I think most other Concierges would give-up after a few dead ends, but our Concierge at Boutique Villa was determined to help us in any request. Boutique Villa's staff was constantly asking what they can do to improve our stay, it is this commitment to excellence and their friendly staff that will earn a repeat visit from me next year.

1  Thank G-Smallz

Dear G-Smallz,

Thank you very much for staying with us during Khmer New Year 2014!
I really appreciate your great feedback especially regarding hotel facilities, our service and management team, Your great compliment which serves as our reward “Above and beyond what great service should be.”. I will keep up our good job and great team work at 288 boutique villa.
we’d love to welcome you and family back again next year.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Staff is very friendly, the service is very good, the hotel is very close to the night market with bar street, just need to walk for 10 minutes. The room is very comfortable , will come back to here if i go to siem reap again ! We have a great time to when we live here .

4  Thank TTZHAO
288BoutiqueVilla, Manager at 288 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear TTZHAO,

Happy Khmer New Year!
Thank you for appreciating the friendliness of our staff, location of 288 Boutique Villa "the hotel is very close to the night market with bar street, just need to walk for 10 minutes" as well as the warm Cambodian hospitality from all of us.
We are looking forward to serve you again in the near future.

Pon and all 288 Boutique Villa team

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My three children and I stayed in two rooms at this hotel, last week. It was so wonderful I had to leave a review. The staff is incredibly helpful, polite, and welcoming. My toddler really loved the wonderful girl who worked in the restaurant who always picked her up and talked to her. The rooms have air conditioning, the garden where breakfast is served is beautiful, and the pool was the perfect place to pass the time in the hot middle part of the day. Highly recommend as a wonderful place to stay with children (or without them)! Within short walking distance of a fun night market, convenience stores, and other shops. Convenient location to the Angkor temples and the airport. Easy to find tuk tuks near the hotel, and was a good place to meet our tour guide every morning. I hope more Americans like us will use this hotel! It was a pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank 794katherineg
288BoutiqueVilla, Manager at 288 Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Ms. Catherine,
Happy Khmer New Year!
We really appreciate your great feedback especially regarding our service, I love your word "The staff is incredibly helpful, polite, and welcoming". We will keep up our good job and always seek to respond and act on any problems or issues pointed out to us by our guests.
We’d love to welcome you and family back again in the future.
“Sam Nang La Or”!