“Perfection”

Nita by Vo Luxury Hotel
Ranked #19 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have spent almost six weeks at this hotel and what a delight they have been. I was here for work (yes, yet another reviewer filming the same BBC documentary as my colleagues and fellow reviewers!) and when you are away from home that long all you want is a place where you feel at home.

The rooms are gorgeous, stylish, functional, very very clean and just perfect.

The food is fine, though could improve slightly in terms of variety (after six weeks of eating there quite often I was slightly sick of it -though the salmon and fresh spring rolls are a delight)

But the staff is what made the stay. The absolute nicest bunch of people you could imagine. So sweet and helpful and kind. And everyone made a massive effort to make our trip as efficient as possible. A 13 person crew is very demanding, 3 different breakfast rotas starting at 5am through to 6.30 am. People squatting at the hotel lobby printing off reception computers. People traipsing through the hallway with tripods and stressful, frantic rushes at the crack of dawn. You get the picture.

But everyone did their best to meet our needs in every possible way.

The terrace on the roof is fabulous to unwind as is the infinity pool. Angkor Wat is very close and if you are missing the hustle and bustle of Siem Reap its only a very brief tuk tuk ride away.

I honestly could not recommend this hotel enough.

Nathalie

Room Tip: Room 201! :)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nathalie B
Nita by Vo H, Owner at Nita by Vo Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Nathalia, thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. "Nita by Vo."
It was indeed our pleasure to look after you and your team during your stay.
I have passed your comments onto my staff and they also would like to say thank you.
The staff and I, do look forward to being of service to you and the BBC crew, when next you have the chance to visiting Siem Reap.
Yours Sincerely
Darryl

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I recently returned from three weeks in Siem Reap where I had the pleasure of staying at Nita by Vo. The hotel and staff made my trip all the more pleasurable. Attentive service and wonderful rooms and food. I recommend the Aussie beef steak pie!

1  Thank BenLW1A
Nita by Vo H, General Manager at Nita by Vo Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Ben.

Thank you very much Ben for your take time to wrote about us, and feedback with our improvement, if you have plan for visit Siem Reap Cambodia, i can personally assist you with your reservation requirements.

i would like to say thank you very much for your staying with us such as a part of family hotel.

Best regard
Rotha.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Just had a three week stay at Nita by Vo, January 2014.
The hotel is wonderfully welcoming, from the delicious local brew on arrival, to the cold refreshing towels that were always offered on our return back at the end of a long hot day of temple trekking.
The rooms were very comfortable in every aspect,with all the necessary accoutrements TV, Minibar, Tea and Coffee(instant only, might have been nice to have a Nespresso) and free WiFi. The huge baths were a luxury, allowing me to almost float freely, while the waterfall like filler, cascaded water over my feet...bliss.
The hotel's roof terrace and pool were great, with ever smiling and helpful staff ready to offer
assistance, be that for refreshments or to arrange a massage in the Spa room.
The food at the hotel is pretty good, Australian pies are one of their specialities and the rest of the dishes are a mix of western and traditional, from Club sandwich to a Khmer selection. The orders could take some time to arrive on occasion, but I put this down to teething problems in the kitchen as it has only been running a few months.
The staff are what made my stay, they were always charming, happy and smiling and while on occasion there was a definite language barrier, they were always keen to find a solution quickly.
I would recommend this hotel happily to anyone, a classy all rounder to suit a family or a business traveller, 5 minutes from town in a tuk-tuk and maybe 10 minutes to Angkor Wat.
Really enjoyed this little hotel and wonderful people who looked after us there.
Thanks, Adam

Room Tip: Not all have balconies!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Nita by Vo H, General Manager at Nita by Vo Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Adam.

Greeting from Nita by Vo Siem Reap Cambodia.

Many thanks for your take time to wrote about us, we happy to see feedback from you with our improvement, and also thanks for your supporting us such as a family, i hope one day you will come and stay with us again, if you have any plan to visit Siem Reap Cambodia or any friends of you come in Siem Reap, i can personally assist you with your reservation requirements.

Best regard

Rotha.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I also stayed at Nita by Vo whilst filming with the BBC and can only reiterate the comments below in that this really is a wonderful place to base yourself whilst in Siem Reap. As the hotel is on the smaller side it really allows the staff to pay each guest that extra bit of attention which is reflected in the level of service. The roof top pool and bar is a little sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of the town which is a short tuk tuk ride away and the comfortable rooms guaranteed an excellent night's sleep.

My only suggestion would perhaps be to expand or alternate the items available on the food menu. The pies are also delicious.

Would definitely stay here again if I return to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sam E
Nita by Vo H, Manager at Nita by Vo Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Samuel Elvin.

Thank you very much for your take time to wrote on TripAdvisor about us,

i'm very happy for your positive comments about the hotel and especially about our staff. It is always great to receive feedback of this nature and i will pass all information from you to all the staffs. It certainly assists in further cementing the importance of going the extra mile.

if you have any plan to Siem Reap again, I can personally assist you with your reservation requirements!

Rotha

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed at Nita by Vo for three weeks in mid January 2014. I was on a BBC production team making a documentary on Angkor Wat. It was a such a pleasurable stay. The rooms are great, very comfortable beds with the best bath I have ever experienced. A great pool deck and the staff are very gentle and smiley..

Food is good, slightly slow on the service, but perhaps not being on a holiday and having a pretty heavy work schedule made us more acceptable to rushing. Ate everything on the menu -felt the western food options were better then the khmer choices. Ate the salads with no issues....

It's located in a great spot, a short tuk tuk ride to temples and restaurants.

Can't wait to go back, only suggestions would be:

Take the Nescafe out the rooms and offer proper coffee. Also better tea options in the rooms..

Tim

1  Thank TimCragg
Nita by Vo H, Manager at Nita by Vo Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Tim.

Thank you very much for your take time to wrote on TripAdvisor about us,

I was very pleased to read your positive comments about the hotel and especially about our staff. It is always great to receive feedback of this nature and I can as sure you that we have shared this with the team. It certainly assists in further cementing the importance of going the extra mile.

Many thanks for your staying with us such as a family.

Rotha Khin

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I am late in reviewing this.....only due to a busy schedule upon returning home after Xmas holidays!

We had booked a tour through a company and they did not have a room due to the Xmas holidays and us waiting until last minute to book. But the tour company said that there was new hotel that was getting good feedback if we were interested. So, we said yes, and agreed to stay at the boutique hotel Nita by Vo.

So glad we did!

The location was close to Angkor Wat and just a short tuk tuk ride to the center of city.

Complimentary massage on arrival up on the top floor by the pool was a nice touch. No pun! Along with the welcome drink in the lobby.

Room reminded me of a New York City loft ....clean, spacious, and dark wood floors, Yet still carried a simple look.

Owner Darryl, an Australian fellow, was friendly and visible all days during our stay. The staff all were super friendly and ever present.

Breakfasts were tasty and always hit the spot.

But really why this gets an excellent review is that during our week stay in Siem Reap one of my daughters and my husband had both felt a bit under the weather. The treatment we received during this time was something we never would have received at one of the bigger hotels.

Soup and bread sent up to my daughter totally unsolicited. Almost every staff member asked about them every time we saw them. Every request quickly responded to and with a smile. Truly warm.

It's easy to enjoy a place when all is running smoothly on your trip. It's when things aren't so smooth that you really appreciate the thoughtful touches. No trip is without hiccups. And I think the measure of a place and people are how they respond to your hiccups or bumps in the road.

If we travel back to Siem Reap this is where we will stay and I have no doubt we will feel welcomed!

We are a family of four. Older daughter is college age and younger was fourteen. But it really is a hotel for all different groups. Young folks, families, empty nesters, and people on their own.

Thank you, Nita by Vo! And hope to see you again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank littlerhody64
Nita by Vo H, Manager at Nita by Vo Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments about the hotel and especially about our staff. It is always great to receive feedback of this nature and I can assure you that we have shared this with the team. It certainly assists in further cementing the importance of going the extra mile.

Many thanks for your staying with us such as a family.

Rotha Khin

Reviewed 2 February 2014

From door step into the main lobby, you will experience a warm welcome with great sincere smiles form the team, cold towel to freshen you up and most exciting is the owner Mr. Rowe him self would welcome you if he is around in the hotel. I was fascinated as I was offered a welcome drink (Local Made Lemongrass Liqueur accompanied with Sugar Cane Juice & a stick of sugar cane to nibble on) while the check in progress is taking place. You will be personally escorted to the room while being brief by them on the facilities which are available in the hotel. A short safety & introduction about the room will be given to you. 2 thumbs up for the design of the room especially the bath tub and shower. Bed is comfortable with a lot of pillows as the way i like it & spacious. Every time you come back into the hotel, a cold towel will be offered to freshen you up. Did not get the chance to enjoy the roof top pool. Breakfast selections are simple and good quality. In simple "EXPERIENCE IT TO BELIEVE THE COMFORT"..

1  Thank tjantony
Nita by Vo H, General Manager at Nita by Vo Luxury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor.

Do let me know when you plan to return to Siem Reap so that I can personally assist you with your reservation requirements!

Rotha