“Worst hotel experience ever.”
Review of Le Meridien Angkor

Le Meridien Angkor
Ranked #60 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Mexico City, Mexico
“Worst hotel experience ever.”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I´m an SPG member and I decided to stay at this hotel for my honeymoon.

-I wanted to add one more night and they made me cancel my original reservation and make a new one. They never canceled my original reservation so they booked me another room and charged me for 3 nights.
-I tried to explain the situation above at check in. They left me one hour waiting at the lobby so they talked to the manager. Same thing happened at checkout.
-Power outages.
-Phone didn´t work so I had to go down to the lobby every time we needed something.
-Internet did not work most of the time
-Tap water was yellow all the time. Tasted horrible after washing teeth.
-Had many spiders in the room.
-There was a big sign at the lobby with a promotion for the spa. When we called and booked they told me that promotion did not exist and that I was lying.
-Floor and bathtub dirty.

It seems they are making an effort for us to have the worst hotel experience i ever had.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ianarturo
Masahiro_Taguchi_LMA, General Manager at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short.

If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Masahiro Taguchi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We checked into a suite at the Sofitel in Siem Reap only to discover that the swimming pool was shut and the place was a building site. We then went to the nearby Le Meridien. The staff were very helpful and we booked two rooms for a 4-night stay. They really rescued our holiday and we are very grateful for that. Make sure you tip everyone. Salaries are very low in Cambodia. Room was fine, as was the food. Staff were helpful at all times. The swimming pool is great for children.

Room Tip: No suites were available so we took the normal rooms. The rooms are built in a circle around the ho...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Masahiro_Taguchi_LMA, General Manager at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Le Meridien Angkor and thank you very much for share your experience to Trip Advisor’s reader.

We are pleased to learn that you have inspiring stay with us. I will share your kind comment to all our colleagues.

I’m sure we will have the pleasure to meet you again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed at Le Meridian Angkor in May 2014 and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We stayed as Starwood Preferred Guests and experienced impeccable service with an amazing suite and amenities. This included complimentary wifi, breakfast, and happy hour drinks at the bar. This hotel is perfectly located for visits to the Angkor Temples and short tuk tuk ride to the city centre. The style of the hotel is beautifully designed. Breakfast was plentiful and full of selection. The tuk tuk drivers were great (very polite and friendly) and the concierge makes sure all your needs are taken care of. Small touches in the room were nice too, like aroma lamps, fruit on arrival, robes and slippers etc. The pool is also really nice and a perfect oasis after a long day in the sun. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any guests and hope to visit again one day!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Le Meridien Angkor. Thank you on your encouraging and supportive review!

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your compliments on our breakfast. I will share your feedback to our associates especially our helpful concierge.
Thank you again for recommend my resort to Trip Advisor’s reader.

Should you decide to visit us again, do check out our exciting promotions at lemeridienangkor.com or Le Meridien Angkor official Facebook page.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed here in December 2013. The service was warm and impeccable - starting from a warm greeting and orientation from the general manager as we checked in to efficient housekeeping and amazing service at the breakfast buffet and the bar/ restaurants. Tip: Try the crepes - they are truly glorious. As Starwood platinum members, we've stayed in several properties. This one is a gem. Our kids still rate this as their favorite hotel in the world.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Masahiro_Taguchi_LMA, General Manager at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your compliments on our breakfast buffet and our Naga bar. I will share your feedback to our associates.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Managed an event for a client in Siem Reap and we used Le Meridian Angkor under the Starwood Group. The whole week that we were there, the staff at the hotel did their best to meet with our demands and expectations to ensure that the guests from the group got the best experience they could have.

The rooms were all very big, with lots of room to relax. The teak colored wooden floor made the rooms look traditional yet classy and homey at the same time. The front desk, concierge are always with a smiling face to make your day and accede with any requests.

The sales team, Dennis Kam & Arif Abdullah were of great help and when push came to shove pulled rabbits out of the hat and made things happen! They were always around to make sure that all requests were attended to. No requests was too big nor too small for them. They certainly helped to ease the transition of working in Siem Reap.

Service staff at the Royal Angkor Cafe make that little extra effort to remember your daily routine and without being asked, your coffee is already there for you. 2 of their staff, Svmay & Soem Bora were always there to chat with you and help ensure that the various events held was done with class and style.

The food at the Le Meridien is top notch! The chef, Nicolas Rouleau makes the most wonderful melt in your mouth breads & desserts. His cuisine is gourmand excellent for a place like Siem Reap.

The other good thing about Le Meridien is it's proximity to Pub Street, Night Market, Temples and a whole lot of other dining establishments.

Should anyone host an event in Siem Reap, will not hesitate to recommend Le Meridien as the hotel of choice for their events.

Kudos to the whole team at Le Meridien!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Le Meridien Angkor and thank you very much for your incredible review.

I am very happy to hear that the event was a success. I am also very proud to be part of a team who is committed to do their best and be the best. I can’t wait to share your kind words with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends and family in the future.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel cater to my needs for a short getaway. I stayed over at this property for 2 nights and was really amazed by the services rendered. Staff has always been helpful and friendly. Rooms were big, cozy and situated right at the middle between angkor wat and the main town (pub street). It took us like 10 minutes to angkor wat and 5 minutes to Pub street with tuk tuk. There are tuk tuk ready to pickup guess right outside hotel, there won't be a problem flagging for one. There were variety of food at the buffet breakfast and excellent snack/ wine at the lounge. I will definitely stay over at this property again if i am back to Siem Reap.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review and for your loyalty.

We are delighted to hear that our rooms and our staff gave you entire satisfaction. I will share your kind comment to all our colleagues.

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Angkor and if you decide to have some more stay experience, please feel free to contact us for any assistance you might require.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Im writing this review on our last day of an 8 day stay, and I must say I have never been sadder to leave a hotel in my life. Ive travelled a lot however have never found a hotel that equals the high standards found here and that includes the Waldorf in Paris. The staff at Le Meridian are extremely helpful with any enquiry small or large, they are all very pleasant and the service has been exceptional. I would like to make special mention of the day spa, my friend and I enjoyed the Inspiring Pack and it lived up to its name. Very good value and my therapist Mrs Tho thany works miracles on a sore back and shoulders. My sincere thanks. If you have been to Cambodia before you will know that some things just get lost intranslation and that happens here as well although overall most staff have very good English skills, this is Cambodia, learn to shrug it off move on and enjoy the beauty around you. I will be back again for a 3 rd visit, next time family in tow as I wish to share this with those I love. And yes its the le Meridian we will be invading. Thankyou for a wonderful week and a bit of pure bliss!

Room Tip: The deluxe was roomy enough for 2 friends and very comfortable
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Le Meridien Angkor!!

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our resort.

It is great and heart-warming to read your experience during your stay with us and we are so pleased we were able to make your holiday a memorable one.

I’m sure we will have the pleasure to meet you again soon.