“An oasis in chaotic Siem Reap”
Review of Le Meridien Angkor

Le Meridien Angkor
Ranked #60 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Portland, OR
“An oasis in chaotic Siem Reap”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We loved every minute at Le Medidien. From the moment we arrived (early) to the moment we left we were treated like royalty. Our mornings in Siem Reqp were spent visiting the local sites and we were so excited to return back everyday. We enjoyed many great valued spa treatments and found the restaurant to be everything we could hope for. Kudos!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Masahiro_Taguchi_LMA, General Manager at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Le Meridien Angkor!!

We appreciate your time reviewing in Tripadvisor.
I will share your kind words to our Spa team.

We hope you will be able to come back and stay with us on another occasion and we look forward to greeting you again!

Masahiro Taguchi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We were barely at the hotel, stayed only one night so we could tour Angkor, but it was very nice and perfectly located near the temples. It was only a 10 minute tuk-tuk ride, which made getting up for the sunrise at the temple much easier! The hotel also arranged for a guide for us who was terrific and very knowledgable. Our only issue was that the concierge messed up our complimentary airport pick up and we took a cab to the hotel. They were incredibly apologetic though and gave us free breakfast the next day, in addition to taking us to the airport for free, as well.

After our tour we spent some time at the pool before departing and it was a delight! We would definitely recommend the hotel!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay at Le Meridien Angkor.

We sincerely apologize for trouble on your airport pick up.
I trust you are well and thank you again for your review.

New York
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The staff, the grounds, the swimming pool and the little extras made my stay absolutely perfect. After climbing around the temples, it was delightful to come back and be greeted with smiles and offers of help. The staff was always ready to answer questions and offer suggestions. They booked an English speaking guide for me and the guide was excellent.

The room was large, very clean and the pillows and bed were so comfortable. While TV is not very important to me, there were many English speaking stations.

I indulged in a massage at the spa and it was very professional. The masseuse was well trained and worked wonders on my feet. The pool is beautiful and functional. You can actually swim laps or curl up on one of the ledges and relax.

Finally, I was satisfied with the food. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet several mornings -- high quality and well prepared. The fresh fruit was amazing! My one dinner was also excellent. i had one of the traditional Cambodian dishes. I was traveling alone and generally am reluctant to go into the hotel bar alone. But one evening I went to the bar with my book. The bartender was so pleasant - I felt very much at home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! Thank you very much, we are thrilled that you’ve enjoyed your stay in Le Meridien Angkor and we thank you on your kind words. I will share your feedback to all our associates.

We are already impatient to welcome you back again one day soon and you can trust that all our friendly staff will just do their utmost to make your next experience at our hotel another memorable and enjoyable one.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The staff were wonderful. We are on our honeymoon and they put petals on our bed and gave us a cake. The pool is gorgeous, we are in another hotel now and the facilities are no where near as good. We had lunch in their cafe, dinner at L'Angelo, and their buffet breakfast. All food was tasty, we'll cooked, the place was clean, and the staff helpful. Overall I recommend this hotel for the luxury and comfort.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Masahiro_Taguchi_LMA, General Manager at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and nice recommendations about your last stay at Le Meridien Angkor during your honeymoon. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your compliments on our food. I will share your feedback to our chef.

We hope you will be able to come back and stay with us on another occasion and we look forwards to greeting you again!

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I´m an SPG member and I decided to stay at this hotel for my honeymoon.

-I wanted to add one more night and they made me cancel my original reservation and make a new one. They never canceled my original reservation so they booked me another room and charged me for 3 nights.
-I tried to explain the situation above at check in. They left me one hour waiting at the lobby so they talked to the manager. Same thing happened at checkout.
-Power outages.
-Phone didn´t work so I had to go down to the lobby every time we needed something.
-Internet did not work most of the time
-Tap water was yellow all the time. Tasted horrible after washing teeth.
-Had many spiders in the room.
-There was a big sign at the lobby with a promotion for the spa. When we called and booked they told me that promotion did not exist and that I was lying.
-Floor and bathtub dirty.

It seems they are making an effort for us to have the worst hotel experience i ever had.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ianarturo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short.

If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We checked into a suite at the Sofitel in Siem Reap only to discover that the swimming pool was shut and the place was a building site. We then went to the nearby Le Meridien. The staff were very helpful and we booked two rooms for a 4-night stay. They really rescued our holiday and we are very grateful for that. Make sure you tip everyone. Salaries are very low in Cambodia. Room was fine, as was the food. Staff were helpful at all times. The swimming pool is great for children.

Room Tip: No suites were available so we took the normal rooms. The rooms are built in a circle around the ho...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Masahiro_Taguchi_LMA, General Manager at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Le Meridien Angkor and thank you very much for share your experience to Trip Advisor’s reader.

We are pleased to learn that you have inspiring stay with us. I will share your kind comment to all our colleagues.

I’m sure we will have the pleasure to meet you again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed at Le Meridian Angkor in May 2014 and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We stayed as Starwood Preferred Guests and experienced impeccable service with an amazing suite and amenities. This included complimentary wifi, breakfast, and happy hour drinks at the bar. This hotel is perfectly located for visits to the Angkor Temples and short tuk tuk ride to the city centre. The style of the hotel is beautifully designed. Breakfast was plentiful and full of selection. The tuk tuk drivers were great (very polite and friendly) and the concierge makes sure all your needs are taken care of. Small touches in the room were nice too, like aroma lamps, fruit on arrival, robes and slippers etc. The pool is also really nice and a perfect oasis after a long day in the sun. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any guests and hope to visit again one day!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Le Meridien Angkor. Thank you on your encouraging and supportive review!

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your compliments on our breakfast. I will share your feedback to our associates especially our helpful concierge.
Thank you again for recommend my resort to Trip Advisor’s reader.

Should you decide to visit us again, do check out our exciting promotions at lemeridienangkor.com or Le Meridien Angkor official Facebook page.