“Give it a try!”

Ranked #59 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
London, United Kingdom
“Give it a try!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I must admit that the reviews on T/A had me in two minds but I am glad I stayed.

It was the weekend of the Khmer New Year. Complimentary one way transfer between Siem Reap airport and the hotel as standard! Complimentary upgrade to a suite! Complimentary wi fi! No complaints from me..

The exterior of the hotel and the pool both have unique designs. During our stay the lotus flowers pool side were not in bloom but you do get beautiful photos at sunset with golden colors reflecting off the walls pool side. We ate twice pool side and I would recommend that a speedier service is introduced to reduce the waiting time.

I would have really liked to experience more traditional Cambodian cuisine from the hotel but I guess this is where Pub Street comes in.

Take a tuk tuk ride down to Pub Street area - its about USD$1 or $2 each way (cannot remember). Spoilt for choice on street food, souvenirs, restaurants, bars, nail salons all very, very cheap.

DO NOT MISS Senteurs d'Angkor, see separate review.

Would I stay again? Yes - even without the comps!

Special thanks to the Japanese young lady at reception - (cannot remember her name) who also took the time to show us some Cambodian money after I exclaimed I had only seen US dollars!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SunDancerIII
Masahiro_Taguchi_LMA, General Manager at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire team at Le Méridien Angkor, we thank you for taking the time to share your refreshing experience with us. I will share your kind words to my colleagues, especially to the Japanese Guest Relation Officer.

We are also happy that you appreciate our swimming pool and traditional Cambodian cuisine in our resort.

It is gratifying to know that our guests truly enjoy and happy with the services that we provide. Thank you again for choosing Le Meridien Angkor as your holiday destination and hope to see you very soon.

With all our very best wishes

Masahiro Taguchi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Mexico
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed at three different five star hotels in Siem Reap and for the value, Le Meridien far surpassed my expectations. After reading the reviews I was hesitant to book but couldn't resist the cash and points offer for Starwood members. I am so glad I booked! My room was upgraded to a lovely suite and everything seemed new and immaculate. I didn't see signs of wear and tear in the hotel that other reviewers have mentioned. The hotel was large, clean, and staff super courteous. As for location - some pluses and minuses. Yes, closer to temples, but a bit farther from nightlife and restaurants in town (need to take a short tuk tuk ride as a bit too far to walk.) The breakfast buffet was amazing -- everything from fresh egg dishes to local food. All delicious. And they have a wonderful bar where platinum starwood members receive complimentary appetizers and cocktails in the evening. I don't know why this hotel is only ranked #66 -- should be in top 10!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank will505
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your most kind review on Trip Advisor and particularly for praising.

We are delighted to hear that our rooms and our staff gave you entire satisfaction, and I really happy to discover that you have enjoy with our complimentary appetizers and cocktails in Naga bar.

Thank you for staying with us and felt we deserved to be top 10! Should you decide to visit us again, do check out our exciting promotions at lemeridienangkor.com or Le Meridien Angkor official Facebook page.
With all our sincerest wishes.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel just undergone the total refurbishment and I am glad that my room was the one with the fully completed refurbished unit. Floors are vanished to its shine, everything look brand new. All floors and even my room has the lemongrass aroma, which truly elevate the sense of calm, in my own opinion.
Breakfast is the standard Starwood 5 star hotel breakfast and I wish there's a Khmer food corner instead of nasi goreng(from Malaysia or Indonesian origin).The only thing Cambodian is the noodle soup, which I think has a lot of sugar added to the soup stock. Everyone seems to like the chicken curry and only leave potatoes for the late breakfast arrivals.However, the kitchen staff was kind enough to bring out some chicken for me. She didn't have a name tag and hence I don't know her name.
Every staff deserves to be the star employee of the month. They are the strong pillars of this hotel and have been trying hard to please every guest enquiry, from my observation. One staff , Suk Hak(?) even took the extra effort in getting me the lotus seeds from his village when I casually mentioned about 'how I wish I could have some lotus seeds from the hotel to grow in my garden'. He even arranged to have it delivered to me at another hotel property closer to town area with his colleague.
Surely, I am going to call this hotel, my home away from home should my journey takes me back to this city again in future with my family members.
Keep up with the good work, everyone. I hope to have a Suk Hak lotus garden in my pond soon.

Room Tip: request the east wing if you want to see the spectacular sunrise
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Masahiro_Taguchi_LMA, General Manager at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing positive words on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and resort.

We will share your kind message to our chef and associates.
Hope to see you again very soon.

With all our very best wishes

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I usually don't write reviews... You can read all about the hotel from other reviews. It's a good place. You can feel good about booking it.

What made the stay amazing though, was the private guide service, and especially the guide, Mr. Bo Sai ( I probably misspelled it... but ask for him).

I've been to Angkor before, and been to a bunch of temples and historic sites in Asia. What made this guide different was that he was knowledgeable and flexible enough to get us into the main temples - on a Cambodian holiday weekend with all the crowds - at times when nobody was there and we had the place to ourselves. Imagine wandering around Bayon with no other people around. Same with Preah Khan, and Banteay Srei. We even got to wander Angkor Wat with dozens of people there, instead of thousands. Same for Phnom Bakhon.

I know it sounds simple and minor. Those of you who have been here will get it. It's a completely different experience when you're not fighting the crowds. This guide really made the trip.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Janimal06
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Le Meridien Angkor.
Thank you for your time writing a positive review in Trip Advisor.

My teams and I are delighted to hear that you will recommend to your friends.
I will share your kind words to our team and the tour guide We look forward the pleasure of greeting you again.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The Le Meridien is a great base for exploring Angkor Wat. It's very close to the temples, so you can actually come back for a little break if you get too hot. When you head the other directly, you're also just 15 minutes away from the shopping and restaurant area. We visited in June and it was crazy hot, so its really nice to be able to come back to the hotel mid-day. We were also able to book it at an incredible price point, probably the cheapest LM I've ever stayed at.

The hotel itself is good. It's probably below the average Le Meridien, but still very nice. The rooms are nicely decorated with a local flair, albeit a bit worn. The AC is nice a cold, but can be a little loud at night.

We used the hotel's tour desk to book a car and guide. I think their pricing scheme is a bit confusing, and rather expensive if you want to go outside of the main circuit. I can't remember the exact price, but it was more than double for us to go out to the Beng Mealea compared to doing the small circuit.... even tho Beng Mealea is really only a half day trip.

If you're interested in getting an all day tuk tuk... we found the hotel to be more expensive than if you get your own. There is a parking lot full of tuk tuks when you walk out and cross the main street. It was about $15-$20 different, so not exactly going to break the bank, but helpful if you're on a budget.

During our visit, the hotel was spraying pesticide in the pool area.... so we never really visited the pool. We were not keen on being exposed to such chemicals.

The hotel had great recognition for SPG platinum. We were upgraded to an amazing suite with the biggest bed ever... and there was a nice platter of fresh fruit waiting for us in the room. The only slight disappointment is that they couldn't give us a checkout later than 4pm. Although 4 pm is pretty reasonable, maybe I'm just spoiled by other SPG properties.

We loved visiting Angkor Wat. The people were incredible and the temples are definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WorkTravelBalance
Dear Value Guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us and we appreciate your time to reviewing in Trip Advisor

With regards to our Hotel Tuk Tuk, Our hotel charges slightly higher than outside Tuk Tuk. Example a trip to the town cost USD$3 and outside Tuk Tuk cost USD$2.

To justify the higher prices, our hotel ensures safety and comfort first. If our guest feels our price is expensive, our Concierge will contact an outside Tuk Tuk.
For your information our appointed Tuk Tuk drivers have driving license, insurance.
Tuk Tuk is always clean and comfortable.

Please let us know if you want to come back to Siem Reap Angkor again, we would be delighted to assist you in any way.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I love that LM Angkor is nearby all the places of attractions around Siem Reap. On a breezy day, we just rented the bicycle and cycled to the nearby restaurants and shops, as recommended by the hotel concierge. The hotel staff was very attentive from the moment we arrived till the minute we left! We had an early flight the next day and the hotel staff made sure we were up to catch our early morning flight. Love the attentiveness!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Masahiro_Taguchi_LMA, General Manager at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and definitely will share your great comment to our team.

Hope to see you again very soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel was in a central location only 15 minutes to Angkor Wat and a short ride to shops and restaurants. It was a nice quiet location. The staff were very friendly and helpful in getting taxis and tuk tuks. The food was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing positive words on Trip Advisor.

If we can be of any assistance for future reservations at Le Méridien Angkor or any other Starwood Property, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime.