“Great staff , great location, great service.”
Review of Angkoriana Hotel

Angkoriana Hotel
Ranked #235 of 372 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 11 April 2014

To Jamie and all the staff , thank you for a great stay we thoroughly enjoyed it. You were all very kind and helpful
Hope we did not drive you too mad :)
Can definitely recommend your hotel to anyone visiting Siem Reap.
From Claire & Mark Wileman and family.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just spent 3 nights at this hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful. But the hotel is in need of up dating. There were stains on the carpet in hall ways. No lift so avoid if stairs are a problem. The 1st room we shown to had not been checked as rubbish on the bed side table.Bathroom did not look clean. We had booked a deluxe room and this did not look like one from picture we had seem on internet. After my husband complained we were moved to another room. This room looked looked like a deluxe room though it was still basic. We ran out of toilet paper. Our bath was never cleaned properly. The shower curtain did not look clean. The lighting in the room was poor so difficult to read. The safe deposit box did not work and small. Will only fit passport , phone but not tablet.There was not much choice at breakfast. Two morning rolls tasted stale and this morning there was insects on jam and fruit. There asian cooked food but other cooked food you had to pay extra. Had a massage but the girl talked to others in room which i found off putting.Best bit of trip was our tuk tuk driver who we hired for 2 days.we found him on internet.his name is Sokha.He pick us up from bus. Spent two days sight seeing and drops us at airport.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Angkoriana516, General Manager at Angkoriana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest

thank you for your feed back, we try hard to offer value and comfort at Angkoriana for all our guests

and your feed back is very welcome as well as needed to help us keep our hotel stadards high, we have adressed the issues you informed us of, and we are always looking to improve, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We cannot praise The Ankoriana Hotel in Siem Reap Cambodia highly enough. The staff were most attentive, the rooms were light and airy, clean and tidy. The pool area was most relaxing as was the bar area. We had manicures, pedicures and massages within the Ankoriana which were lovely after a day at the Temples. The Owner, a young man named Jamie was most attentive not only to us but all guests guiding them on to which trips they may enjoy and organising restaurants and evening entertainment. Our stay was for 4 nights, the time flew and we were sad to leave but will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was very impressed with the service the staff was very helpful, friendly. I really liked the cleanliness of my room, the beds were very comfortable I could have slept all day. All in all It's a great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

My stunning girlfriend (she made me write that) and I enjoyed three nights at this quirky hotel. From arriving at the airport the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful! They arranged a free transport to the hotel, organised a tuc tuc driver to take us around the temples for the day and arranged for us to go to the local lake to see the floating village!

The pool area is also divine, perfect for relaxing after a sweaty day of looking around the temples. Where the hotel starts to loose some points are the rooms. Despite being spacious with a very comfy bed it has a few quirks to say the least. Firstly, what made me giggle the most was the bedside lamp plug did not fit the wall socket! I am no interior decorator but I generally like my bedside lamp to work rather than be there for the sake of it. Secondly, the wardrobe doors were broken and they even fell out crushing my toe when I tried to open them. Despite the bathroom being very clean you could tell it had taken a bit of a beating over the years and was worn down. However, I did learn never to judge a shower by its looks and despite looking pathetic was extremely powerful! Other draw backs to the room are a very noisy yet effective air conditioning unit and a broken mini fridge.

The food in the hotel was surprisingly good (with exception to the pizza) although a bit pricey. I would recommend the ginger chicken which I had two days in a row for lunch.

To conclude although this hotel is far from perfect with it's many quirks. I would advise it shouldn't put you off staying. The rooms are great value for money and the staff make up for any draw backs on the room! They even gave us a free gift on checkout! Finally the hotel is in a superb location for going out in the town and getting to the temples! I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Mr. Loren

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My wife, our daughter and I stayed here for 7 nights. We stayed here because we were recommended this hotel by people we know. Our hotel transfers were prompt and friendly. On arrival, we were greeted by very friendly staff, typical of Cambodian people, loving, friendly and genuinely caring. The manager even managed to crack a couple of jokes, which went down well, as we arrived pretty tired.Our room was on the first floor, and our window allowed views of the National Museum, directly across the road. Air-conditioning worked well, and the facilities were clean.

Downstairs you will find a reasonably large swimming pool which is mostly free and great for kids. The area is surrounded by the dining area, bar and massage area. So you can eat, drink or get a massage while the kids are playing and you can keep an eye on them at the same time. The fruits drinks at the bar were excellent, Try and Mango and Lime juice :)

The laundry service was prompts, well priced and good quality. WIFI is available all over the premises and also, there is a couple of computers downstairs by the reception if you don't have your own.

The breakfast was not elaborate, but was good value, with a good selection of cereals, fruits, hot foods, and hot drinks. We ate dinner there a few times, and was quiet impressed with the chef, The food was very good.

One thing i really liked about the locality of this hotel is that it was about a 20 minute walk from town. Far enough from the busy on goings, but close enough to walk, or get yourself a took-took in and out of town for about $2 :)

We paid around $45 US dollars a night, and coming from Singapore which was alot more, I was very happy for what we got for the money we spent. Angkoriana Hotel is not 5 star, so dont expect it to be, but it is a very nice place to stay, great value, friendly staff and over all, a nice stay for us.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MFGhodsi
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My sister and I had an excellent stay here. Enjoyed the pool for cooling off. Room on ground floor limited view...but otherwise comfortable and clean. Breakfast OK not brilliant.
Ate in one night which was fine.
Diod see a cockroach!