Skyway Hotel
US$188
US$105
US$47
US$42
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$299
US$214
US$195
US$173
US$148
US$144
Agoda.com
All reviewsbudget hotelgreat staffsnice hotelvisiting angkor watstayed for nights
Reviewed 17 April 2011

right from the first emails that are answered to the time you leave the hotel, all the staff are wonderful.Mr.Meng the owner and the rest esp. Sam Di and the tuk tuk driver-Kim make you feel like very welcome. The room was large, good AC, bathroom, slippers, tooth brush and paste, a very nice bed,complimentary water bottles.
Though the hotel is a little away from town, the tuk tuk will drop you to the old market if you need. The ride back is a dollar or so.The internet works very well (a code is given to you) Breakfast was very nice.The tuk tuk driver picked me up at the airport for free and spoke very good English which was great. He also dropped me at the various temples and sites and gave me a lot of information during my stay for a reasonable fee. He also advised me about the restaurant in the old market area that served the local cuisine- amok curry and lok lak with rice- delicious.Very knowledgeable and decent chap. Mr.Meng even allowed me to use the shower after I checked out just before I went to the airport after a hot days sightseeing.- truly wonderful hospitality.

Reviewed 31 March 2011

Superb service from the staff! They upgraded our room when we arrived. The hotel provides free touk-touk service from the airport, during your stay and return to the airport - a wonderful bonus. Free breakfast was also provided with the room rate. Prices in the restaurant are comparable to the area making it a very pleasant place to dine.

Close to the Angkor Wat area - a very enjoyable drive via touk-touk. One gets to see a little of the city and countryside on the journey.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2011

Skyway Hotel is a good, safe, clean, cheap option in Siem Reap. The staff are genuinely kind and helpful people. Their tuk-tuk drivers are good, and Mr. Mao is wonderful. Referals for outsourced staff such as Angkor guides are excellent. For the most part everyone on the desk staff has good serviceable English, and other languages, and are eager to keep improving. Skyway Hotel staff are honorable. I am a woman traveling alone in SE Asia and I felt my person and my things were always secure.

I have been traveling in SE Asia for the last 3 months and I understand what $25 will buy you, and what it won't in a developing nation. It has been my experience that on-line reviewers can be unrealistic. This is a statement from someone who in a bit of a clean freak.

A note about cleanliness:
Overall lobby, restaurant area seem very clean but decor is dated. My non-descript funky, bare room was clean for a basic hotel room but could have used a serious scrub down, paint job.
The bathroom had a little mold, but less than average SE Asian rooms. I am quite picky, but also realistic. I have stayed in hotels 5x the price with 5x the dirt, mold. Sheets were good, towels need refreshing. Bed was fine, had mattress protector but not a mattress pad which I recommend.

Location:
This hotel is situated on a bit of a miracle mile of sorts. This is not quaint colonial old town. That is just fine. It is a five minute tuk-tuk to town or a 15 minute walk past some very interesting everyday business - auto repair, cell phone sales, local bakeries, local fruit market, gas stations - where locals are living their lives - which I find interesting. These are places of great opportuninty to chat up the locals. You will not find silk shops or gelato stands - those are in town.

Excellent, free wi-fi in rooms, good cable, good AC.

If you are a realistic traveller on a limited budget and want a trustworthy, informative staff to help you on your journey, then I can recommend Skyway Hotel to you. If you have a thicker wallet and higher standards than a basic hotel, then keep looking. But you will be hard pressed to find a kinder staff.

1  Thank Lauren188
Reviewed 25 March 2011

This is very cheap and nice hotel, friendly staff. They have free airport pick up facility, free two bottles of mineral water, free breakfast, free drop off at sight seeing point, free internet. Rooms are very big. Nice clean bathroom. everything is excellant.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank ArghyaKolkata
Reviewed 21 March 2011

This was a perfect hotel during my holiday trip. All staff are very friendly and the breakfast is very good. I planned to stay here for two night but i extended two more nights because i had bought three days Angkor pass. The hotel staff has also booked me a guide and a car for visiting Angkor Wat, it was very nice and comfort for me. I had a great stay with this hotel.