“Fabulous!”

MotherHome Boutique Hotel
Ranked #31 of 501 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We originally booked to stay in the Motherhome Inn but were upgraded to the Boutique Hotel. What a lovely surprise! The room was beautiful, clean and comfortable. The pool was lovely - great place to chill when it was too hot to walk around Angkor Wat! The staff greeted us with cool towels every time we walked in and did so much to help us. I would definitely stay here it again. It is outside of town, but only takes 20 minutes to walk to pub street, or you can get a tuk tuk for $1. Our tuk tuk drive, Sam, was brilliant and took us on a day tour of Angkor Wat - highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for MotherHome Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 3 December 2013

stayed for 5 nights in november.

Staff very helpful and accommodating.

Rooms were very big and had on suite shower.

Air con was decent.

Mini fridge also in room, along with a kettle.

The in room safe was however is not attached to anything and can easily be carried away!

Location wasn't ideal, 10mins by tuk tuk to pub street, a lot longer when walking.

The main problem with the hotel were the other guests staying. a lot of chinese mainlanders stay here and they are very noisy especially early in the morning 6.30am+
On top of this, the slamming of doors ensures you won't have a lie in.

Overall a nice hotel but i won't be returning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank vonnie123
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Let me start by saying the owner put great effort in solving any issues, but I need to share the experience as I always do in reviews. It's only fair to other travelers and I would expect the same from other reviewers.

I didn't book this hotel, I booked the Motherhome Inn from all the great reviews about the owner. However, when I got picked up from bus they told me I was getting upgraded to this hotel. When I asked why they told me because of construction at the "Inn". This is where my main issue is because I should have been told in advance and been given the option to book elsewhere. I prefer to book small hotels where the owner is present, this usually always makes a great experience. I remember reading a review about how the owner greeted a guest and help them plan their tours immediately after they arrived. This is why I booked the Motherhome Inn and this surely didn't happen at the Boutique. It was pretty much cookie cutter shown a list of tours and pick one.

Upon seeing hotel and the room I didn't see any difference from the pictures from the "Inn" and how it was an upgrade at all. When I got to my room I found the bed very hard(could even press down and feel the springs). In addition, the room had a loud air conditioner that I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep with it on. The front desk switched to a quieter room, but told all beds were the same. I was impressed to find the mattress changed to a foam one the next day. The owner is very helpful when I emailed him of the issue.

Other issue was tours by their tuk tuk drivers. First day was good and driver helpful and nice. Second day with different driver was not the same. He up sold the tour, doubled the price and we finished pretty early. He was ok, just not the outgoing friendly guy we had before and we didn't understand the up sale the same as we thought he described which led to a weird conversation when time to pay. I did email the owner and later that day a manager told me that driver would give a free ride to airport and refund money in question of dispute. He did drive to airport, but never offered any of the money back. I never asked for it, but another weird moment because I was told he would. Also VERY uncomfortable ride to airport in tense silence. Not sure why I was put with a driver again that I had an issue with. Would have rather paid for my own ride with a happy driver, so that made no sense why the hotel did that unless it was to punish him and make me feel uncomfortable after I complained about the tour price issue. The only reason I wrote the owner was to recommend having the drivers carry a tour price sheet like the one in the lobby so that everyone clearly understands the charges and up sell add ons. The staff did a very nice gesture by giving a bouquet of roses upon departure to airport. It was appreciated, but flowers are never allowed on flights, so they had to be thrown away in customs 30 min later.... A waste really and sad to have to do that to such beautiful fresh flowers.
The hotel means well I guess, but the execution of this stuff I just have a hard time understanding.

Place is clean and nice, staff is very nice, but it's just missing the presence of an owner. This happens when a great owner/manager expands from more then location and has to manage remotely, it loses the firm control of a great experience for guests.

Breakfast was ok, eggs were either under or over cooked, just needs slight adjustments to the cooks training on cooking eggs. Lots of choices, when we got there early everything was warm, but a couple of hours later the next day most things about room temp. Again, just needs slight adjustment to be a great experience.

Pool was nice! Grounds are pretty and clean. Location is a bit away from town, but lots of tuk tuks. Can use hotel tuk tuk there for $1 and the ones in town charge $2 to return.

Room was nice and maid does a great job. Lots of tv channels in English. Thought mini bar was over priced.. US$2.50 for a local beer! In Bangkok hotel is was only $1.00 for local beer. In town you can get a 30min foot massage and a local beer included for $3.00 total.

Now, let's talk value... For $29 it's a great deal. Personally I will continue to only book hotels with owners on site so I don't have some of these issues because vacations should be simple, straightforward with easy communication.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank FunTrvlCpl
Reviewed 24 November 2013

great boutique hotel, staff are really friendly, gentle & helpful. Their english is way better than my khmer and i enjoyed little chit chat with maids. Spotless, big room with huge bed, tastefully finish, with drapes & pillows & table-cloth. Big bath tube, so good to soak in after a day in temples. Bathrobes & towels soft and clean and (I loved it) flip-flops to walk around with. All the other toiletries you can imagine.
Tea & Coffie & bottle water and a sumptuous breakfast by the pool to last you till dinner.
Not to forget the smell of frangipane and I felt treated like a queen and for very small price.

Room Tip: if you are a smoker, better you ask for a smoking room, or like me, smoke on the balcony overlooking...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Initially I had booked the motherhome inn but got an upgrade tonthis place upon arrival. The price remained unchanged the one of the initial booking. This is a newly opened spot which is run hy chinese owners. No wonder that most of the visitors are from China. Motherhome appears to be well known there.
The room was spacious and clean. Everything was in good shape. Mattress was good as well as the shower and ac. The power outlets in the rooms are equipped with all sorts of adapters so visitors do not need to worry about compatability. The breakfast was good as so was the service . The tuk tuk trips to the cultural heritage sites offered by the hotel may be a bit overpriced. Finally the location is a bit remote from the city center. Walking takes 15 minutes. A tuk tuk costs 1 us $.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed here for a month while volunteering at a nearby school and had a fantastic experience. We were originally trying to book at Motherhome Guesthouse but as they were full we were offered a room at their new Boutique hotel. Some aspects of the hotel worth mentioning are:

Service - probably what sets Motherhome apart from other hotels we have stayed at in Cambodia, all the staff are so friendly and personable with very good English - special mention to Savuth and Sanpith who were always so happy and helpful with anything we needed!

Breakfast - extensive buffet breakfast with asian/european/western offerings and eggs/omelettes made fresh to order. Tip: get the mini croissants as soon as they come out hot as they are amazing!

Pool - Really nice big open pool, we used daily to get a respite from the Siem Reap heat and humidity.

Bicycles - free bicycle hire was really useful, another service we used every day and the guys at the bicycle shed were always helpful - Siem Reap is a great place to explore via bike.

Location - hotel is located a bit further out from the busy areas of Sivatha Rd and Pub St, just off main road to the airport but not in any way inconvenient. A 5 min tuk tuk ($2) will get you to the centre of town and Pub St - though we walked to/from town centre nearly every night (15-20mins) with no problems and bicycled around everywhere in the day. Being about 30m off the main road the hotel is also very quiet and not noisy at all.

Rooms - our room was a normal Double room and was quite large with a separate toilet/bathroom. Room was clean and made up daily with free water and included Flat screen TV, aircon, mini-bar, in room safe.

All in all, we had a very enjoyable stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Mother home boutique was initially recommended by a family. My family and I stayed at this beautiful boutique for 4 nights and we really enjoyed it there. Staff are very humble, friendly, and polite. The service was excellent. It's very comfortable and affordable. The food they serve was beautiful. The garden has a touch of authentic Cambodian style where we enjoyed the outdoor sitiing. This place is conveniently located within a short distance to all shops and restaurants.

I strongly recommend this to anyone who is looking for somewhere affordable to stay in Siem Reap.

Novel