“ALL Thumbs UP!”

Ranked #61 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Singapore, Singapore
“ALL Thumbs UP!”
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I like the the entrance - very forestry and the resting areas around it. Anyone resting there can fall asleep with the breeze and some shades of sunlight. Must better when it rains ... the little droplet that carelessly drops on you. The main entrance staff and the cafe staff were very courtesy and soon get very chatty with them. The free coffee and banana at the cafe are what I (traveler) needed most. Of course, free internet and Wif usages are plus points. The room and toilet are clean and best is that the TV channels (lots of them) covers English and almost all Asian common languages. One more thing: if visiting the Angkok temples tire you out, try their in-house massage. I stayed for 2 nights but visited the massage 3 times. I strongly recommend to anyone to stay here; be is solo, family, business or leisure.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Everything was perfect. All of their free services are wonderful and their staff is always nice and friendly. They always greet you whenever they see you. The free internet was a huge plus. The room was clean and comfortable. I think they even have tempur-pedic beds! The bed was extremely comfortable. The restaurant had good food. Our hot water was broken and they fixed it immediately. They made up the room every day for us. They arranged a tuk-tuk for us to see the temples and a taxi to take us to the border of Thailand. No complaints at all. We only paid $14 a night and it was well worth double that. Stay here if you're in SIem Reap!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2011

My partner and I had booked three nights through Asia Web Direct and we were a little nervous about booking online. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised to be given a warm welcome and an iced tea in the joint restaurant.

We ended up staying the full three nights - the rooms were clean and tidied everyday, breakfast at the restaurant was always top-notch and it was perfectly positioned only a stones throw from the centre of town, but slightly hidden down a quiet back street.

The staff were always very attentive and helpful and everything was done with a smile and a giggle. We booked a sleeper bus from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville through the reception staff who had it all organised within half an hour and at a good price - no need to have to haggle.

In conclusion I would highly recommend the Golden Temple VIlla to anyone and everyone. Any age group would be very comfortable here. Just don't get confused with the Golden Temple Hotel - which is their newest business which has a swimming pool. I think its a bit more expensive - but I guess when the best room in the Villa is at $18 per night, its hardly something to worry about.

ENJOY!

Room Tip: Request top floor facing front of hotel - balcony!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I never regret staying in this guest house. It is clean and comfortable and most important thing is that all their staff are very very firendly and helpful especially Tuorn. She help me to reserve the room, she gave the advice and friendship I need and she has arranged for me a very caring, steady driver for me - Kim Sour. I feel safe and warmth through out my 5 days trip in Siem Reap.
I recommend Golden Temple Villa the Best Guest House of the Year
I recommend Tuorn the Best Employee of the Year
I recommend Kim Sour the safest driver in Siem Reap..because his tuk tuk is slow and steady..haa..

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at Golden Temple Villa for 4 nights. Their staffs are very helpful and friendly. The room is very clean and they clean the room (include change bed sheet, pillow sheet) every day. The location is very strategic, it is very close to Old Market.
Beside, on my last day at Siem Reap, I just recall I left one of my belongings at their computer room while on the way to airport. My tuk tuk driver helped me to call the hotel, the hotel staff help to send to airport and pass to us.
Overall, I am very pleased with their service. I would stay at Golden Temple Villa if I visit Siem Reap again in future.

2 Thank ShiauHooi
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 7 June 2011

It was almost a steal! I paid so little and got so much value I felt almost guilty! So, in return, I spent as much as I can on the services of the hotel - which actually was even cheaper than the services outside! I haven't really been to that many hotels, but so far this was the best value hotel I have ever been!

Pros:
1. Hotel has a lot of extras for a cheaper price - massage, tuk-tuk services, good food
2. Free coffee, internet downstairs
3. Friendly, respectful staff
4. Near Pub Street, but far enough to be quiet

Cons:
1. No swimming pool - well, I realize this would be nice after a hot Cambodian day
2. No elevator (this is a budget hotel, after all)

Room Tip: Use their web site
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Warlocke
UK
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We stayed at the Golden Temple Villa for 3 nights, the staff were amazing from the start, taking us through to the peaceful restaurant for a yummy cold welcome drink and a flannel, was great after our bus ride, our room was nicely decorated and for $16 for a double, really good value, there was a free internet room so you can skype home and massage for $3 an hour. We ate in the restaurant and it was good price and excellent food.
My dad recommended this place to me and I will be recomending it as well.
Thank-you