“A 3rd return to this wonderful "HOME", a moving experience!”

and 1 more site!
Golden Temple Villa
Ranked #57 of 343 Hotels in Siem Reap
China
“A 3rd return to this wonderful "HOME", a moving experience!”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This was the 3rd time for me to stay in GTV. I came on 20th July and left on 14th Aug. Only two days before I came here, I happened to have eczema all over my body,but I still flew to Siem Reap. When the staff saw my bad state, they tried all means to help me. Ms. Tuorn and one of the security guys helped me find some local herb from some very far away countryside. She also took me to the clinics and helped me buy medicine. Chantrea, the front desk staff member helped me buy cooling powder. Mr. Vida, Ms. Hing and the rest of the front desk members cared for me and checked how I felt every day. The restaurant staff, led by Kia, knew that winter melon would cure this disease, so they asked the kitchen to put winter melon in every soup I ordered. I had never imagined a group of strangers could be so kind to me just as my family! And now they are my family! Compared with my precious stays in GTV, I have observed their progress in every way. The new staff members are fresh, energetic, efficient and smiley. Their rooms are as good as before, never sliding. And they never raise up prices for the dishes! As before, they provide beautiful welcome drinks and 15 min free massage. They provide free bicycles and cheap three-day tuk tuk trips(for small circle only $9/day). You can also eat free bananas, drink free coffee and tea and get free hot water in the restaurant. 对于中国人而言,住这家店基本不用带转换头,因为房间里三向两向插座都有。To cap it, I will surely stay here when I go to Siem Reap again. And surely I will try their hotel as well!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Teresa_xixi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We have spent 4 nights here, all staffs are very friendly and helpful, room is clean with basic amenities. Great location, 10 mins walk to old market, night market, pub street etc.

Reservation can be done online easily and has quick response to email enquiries. Free pickup service, WiFi, computer room, 2x cold bottle water every day, coffee, tea, banana, bicycle, 20mins massage...all for free!!!

A very refreshing welcome drink is served upon arrival, you'll definitely love this, it is just great! Their restaurant serves tasty food with reasonable price, they also have a clear and reasonable price list for the tours. Massage service is $3 per hour, it is quite good, especially you had a long visit to Angkor :)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Cambridge
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We booked this place for our first night in Siem Reap and I was waiting for the catch... For this price would they really pick us up from the airport, provide us with free drinks and meet all of our expectations after a long, tiring flight? In fact, we were really happy with what we saw during our brief stay. The room was quite basic but service was very good and everything was nice and clean. The only downfall was that we couldn't extend our booking but that was our own fault!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Suwon, South Korea
Reviewed 11 August 2011

The experience was great, led by a helpful and fun staff who were always interested in anything they could help you with. The people are great, the food is good, and the hostel itself is a beautiful little building. The rooms are clean and we had no problems with anything at all. Thanks for a memorable, memorable experience!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Amazing service! Very friendly and helpful staff! Free welcome drink, free 20min Massage, free trip advisory service!
Trips can be booked wihtin the same day! Personal TukTuk driver as long as you want for very cheap money (around 9USD per person, per day)!
Great Location and must stay if you are in Siem Reap!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank A S
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Golden Temple Villa is such a great place to stay. Love love love the garden (mosquitoes could be the problem for some, so keep the mossie repellent handy!). Food is great and at very reasonable price. Super friendly and helpful staff..walking distance to town centre ie Pub Street etc. Fast-speed wifi is available 24/7! They also have a computer room with a few PCs and you get to use them FOC. What you get worths so much more than the price you pay. We will DEFINITELY come back.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 9 August 2011

The rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff was very friendly and accommodating, the massages were great, and the tours we booked through the front desk were very reasonably priced, reliable, and good!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family