“Sensational!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #47 of 334 Hotels in Siem Reap
Vancouver, Canada
“Sensational!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

This was my husband's second time at the Villa and my first, certainly not my last. I fell in love with the entire team and with the accommodation and it's location. My husband always spoke of it fondly and couldn't wait to bring me here. I'm so happy he did. It's a family atmosphere and extremely welcoming. A home away from home!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SMRM1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Phnom Penh, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

My first time staying at this hotel. The reception staff are so friendly and helpful with the information about the area and my check-in. I got a cold welcome drinks. I was enjoy my lunch at restaurant of the hotel. The area is nice and the food is very good, prices are not expensive for both local and western food.
The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were kept very clean. You can sleep well during your stay, located in the quiet place, the A/C is very cool. The room is a bit small.
The hotel doesn't have elevator and my room is on the top cuz I booked Double Superior room (with 1 big bed).
The location was perfect and most of the things that we wanted to do were within walking distance from our hotel (around 5 minutes to Pub Street and old market), near shooping, restaurant, market and bar. The rate is very good with one hour free massage. I was surprise with massage room is big and very nice and clean, feel so comfortable.
Stayed here for 2 nights and would definitely stay here again for my next trip in Siem Reap.
Highly recommended !!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Rooms are basic but I guess unless you are staying at one of the new boutique hotels and paying lots of money that is to be expected. However staff incredibly friendly and efficient, food in restaurant good and reasonable price and free massage was fantastic. Would definitely go back there again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed there for three nights and it was a great experience. We were picked up from the airport by Mr Orn who became our driver for the remaining of our trip. He was such a nice and patient driver.

Upon arrival to the hotel, we were greeted with cold drinks, peanuts and bananas. There is complimentary bananas, coffee and tea 24 hours a day. The breakfast was very good and the hotel staff will go out of their way to prepare a "take out" breakfast in case you need to leave before the restaurant opens. We also had a supper there where the food was delicious and at an affordable price. The hotel is located near the night and old market as well as pub street.

The whole staff is very competent and always greets you with a smile. They were always ready to help and were able to answer all of our questions. The bed decoration upon our check in was impressive and very welcoming.

The only improvement I can recommend is to upgrade their washroom facility within the room. A brighter and cleaner washroom would make this place even better.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed here for 2 days when in Siem Reap and was delighted with the hotel. I was given a complimentary pick up from the bus station and spent the next day with the same driver for the temples as he was such a cool guy.

On arrival at the hotel I was given a cold towel and drink and also the option of a free massage within 24 hours.

The food was great too. Friends came over for food and drinks from their hotel as this one was so good.

The staff were absolutely amazing.. I also loved the photo momento on departure.

It is very close to pub street and the night market.

If you are thinking of staying at this hotel... DO IT!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank mikeyg99
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

This hotel lived up to all expectations. The entrance is lush and tropical and the hotel itself is clean and well maintained. We stayed for four nights in room with two beds and it was just fine - nice looking, comfortable, with a working hot-water shower, tv, and safe. The service at GTV was impeccable as every opportunity. From our arrival to being greeted upon returning to the hotel each day we were greeted politely and with cool, scented towels. There was no service they would arrange. They set us up with a yuk yuk driver for two days of temple visiting. The price was very good and the driver (Mr. Lum) was excellent.
There was a free one hour massage that was included with the price of the room, which my friend availed herself of and said it was an excellent and relaxing experience.
The location is very good and is just a block or two from the market and pub street and all the tourist stuff.
The restaurant has excellent food and very cheap prices, although the service is slow, so budget enough time if eating breakfast before a scheduled departure.
My only complaint (and this is the most tribal of gripes) is that the hammocks are too small for tall people. I was looking forward to some quality hammock time, but at 5'9'' i just didn't fit. Oh well.
I can't believe the excellent value of this hotel - for the price which is provided is exceptional.
I would stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Spent three nights at the Golden Temple Villa. I need to start with the staff, they were ALL great. When booking, response were received within 24 hours. The tuk tuk pick up was a easy and the drive into town was appoximately 15 minutes. Upon arrival, you are swept into the resturant/lounge area for your welcome drink. It's nice to do your check in paperwork in such a relaxed way and in a cute setting. Everyone was friendly and it's always a good sign when they call you by name.

ROOMS
I stayed in room 14 for 2 nights. I believe this to be a single as I was traveling alone. The room was small and okay for me. Room was on the ground level. The walls are a little thin so try to be extra quite when getting up for sunrise temple visits.

I moved to room 76 for my last night. That felt like such an upgrade. The hotel let me know in advance I would have to switch rooms but would keep the price the same. All I had to do was leave my items and they'd move them for me when the rom was ready. Easy!

FOOD
The food in the resturant was good and a good price in comparison to ood prices in Cambodia. I recommend getting the breakfast, worth the $3. If getting breakfast, you have to get it for each morning and must book in advance. If getting up for sunrise, let the resturant know in advance so its ready in the AM for you to take-away. Also, you can charge meals direct to you room.

Happy hour is from 4 to 11.

FREE MASSAGE
The massage was decent. Who doesn't love a free massage?! They put fresh cucumbers on your face, a nice touch after sun and wind burn. Additional massage is $6/hour.

LOCATION
The hotel is a 2 minute walk to the night markets & pub street. The hotel is quiet at night allowing you a good nights rest.

Few additional thoughts, take the bike out for the day and ride up to the temples (at leat ankor wat, it's the closest). If traveling alone, not the best hotel to meet other solo travelers.

All in all, would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo