“A great place and such a deal!”

Golden Temple Villa
Ranked #58 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Arlington, VA
“A great place and such a deal!”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We fell in love with the Golden Temple Villa! Beautifully decorated, great staff, an excellent and large breakfast was included with the room charge, free bicycle use, good wifi. We think it may be the best value of any hotel we’ve stayed at in traveling 4 months in Asia.

A lovely drink and peanuts started the orientation.We were tired the first night and decided to dine at the restaurant onsite. We rarely do this as hotel restaurants are usually expensive and the food is not that good. We had a wonderful meal and the prices were very modest. We ended up dining there most evenings.

The Hotel was near the markets and other restaurants. It was even near enough for us to bike out to Angkor Wat two days.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beth_Joe_VA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Very nice stay in golden temple villa, great service and very good location. They introduced the best tuk tuk driver mr. Phouk to us. He made our trip become prefect. Only one thing need to improve, not enough hot water for shower and there is some iron smell in water. Besides this, all the things are prefect!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This was my husband's second time at the Villa and my first, certainly not my last. I fell in love with the entire team and with the accommodation and it's location. My husband always spoke of it fondly and couldn't wait to bring me here. I'm so happy he did. It's a family atmosphere and extremely welcoming. A home away from home!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SMRM1
Phnom Penh, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My first time staying at this hotel. The reception staff are so friendly and helpful with the information about the area and my check-in. I got a cold welcome drinks. I was enjoy my lunch at restaurant of the hotel. The area is nice and the food is very good, prices are not expensive for both local and western food.
The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were kept very clean. You can sleep well during your stay, located in the quiet place, the A/C is very cool. The room is a bit small.
The hotel doesn't have elevator and my room is on the top cuz I booked Double Superior room (with 1 big bed).
The location was perfect and most of the things that we wanted to do were within walking distance from our hotel (around 5 minutes to Pub Street and old market), near shooping, restaurant, market and bar. The rate is very good with one hour free massage. I was surprise with massage room is big and very nice and clean, feel so comfortable.
Stayed here for 2 nights and would definitely stay here again for my next trip in Siem Reap.
Highly recommended !!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Rooms are basic but I guess unless you are staying at one of the new boutique hotels and paying lots of money that is to be expected. However staff incredibly friendly and efficient, food in restaurant good and reasonable price and free massage was fantastic. Would definitely go back there again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed there for three nights and it was a great experience. We were picked up from the airport by Mr Orn who became our driver for the remaining of our trip. He was such a nice and patient driver.

Upon arrival to the hotel, we were greeted with cold drinks, peanuts and bananas. There is complimentary bananas, coffee and tea 24 hours a day. The breakfast was very good and the hotel staff will go out of their way to prepare a "take out" breakfast in case you need to leave before the restaurant opens. We also had a supper there where the food was delicious and at an affordable price. The hotel is located near the night and old market as well as pub street.

The whole staff is very competent and always greets you with a smile. They were always ready to help and were able to answer all of our questions. The bed decoration upon our check in was impressive and very welcoming.

The only improvement I can recommend is to upgrade their washroom facility within the room. A brighter and cleaner washroom would make this place even better.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed here for 2 days when in Siem Reap and was delighted with the hotel. I was given a complimentary pick up from the bus station and spent the next day with the same driver for the temples as he was such a cool guy.

On arrival at the hotel I was given a cold towel and drink and also the option of a free massage within 24 hours.

The food was great too. Friends came over for food and drinks from their hotel as this one was so good.

The staff were absolutely amazing.. I also loved the photo momento on departure.

It is very close to pub street and the night market.

If you are thinking of staying at this hotel... DO IT!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo