“Great+”

Ranked #52 of 338 Hotels in Siem Reap
Durban, South Africa
“Great+”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I really enjoyed my stay last year. The staff were amazing. Very friendly and helpful. I am sorry I cannot name some of the staff - my laptop with relevant details is not functioning, but all the staff were very good. I enjoyed the food which I though was value for money. The hotel is situated within a short walk to where all the nightly tourist action is (Pub Street). The rooms were clean and comfortable, with fridge,coffee station etc. I look forward to staying here again on my next visit. (they even took a photo of me with 2 staff members when I left, and emailed them to me later, which I thought was a nice touch)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank anyda-nname

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

There is a reason why this place won Trip Advisor Awards for 2013. It is beautiful & serene. With low prices for high quality. Wonderful staff, a free body massage - on site with their own massage room - amazing food. When we walked in on new years eve, for 3nights, we were walked through to the beautiful restaurant, were given delicious iced lemon tea and nuts, on a wonderfully presented tray and my friend turned to me and said "im never leaving".. We hadnt even seen our rooms yet!

It's near everything you need and the staff will help you with anything you can't find.

It's worth a visit, you won't want to leave.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lordicross
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed in golden temple villa last dec 2013 for 2 nights. It was a pleasant surprise for the kinda money we paid. I was pretty impressed with the reviews and the pics I saw on trip advisor but wasn't sure how much of it was true. So i decided to take a chance and we weren't disappointed one bit.

Clean rooms , refreshing welcome drink , awesome breakfast (only suggestion: coffee could be better)
Place is Aesthetically done. Free bananas ( children freaked out on it )
Free massage (which we couldn't try) what more can one ask for... And
All of this at a very very reasonable price.

I would definitely recommend this to anybody.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Jahnavikp
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Golden Temple Villa in early January 2014 and it was absolutely lovely. From check in to check out it was a delight. The restaurant was reasonably priced and the food was amazing! I would definitely recommend staying here, and I will be next time I come to Siem Reap!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dannygdc
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We have traveled extensively in Southeast Asia and are pretty discerning as to what makes a great place to stay--- golden temple villa is probably the best value we have seen on this trip. It's not the dirt- cheapest place to stay, but I can't imagine where you'd get more for your money in Siem Reap.
The service is outstanding--- every single staff member treated us with the utmost courtesy and was extremely friendly and helpful.
They have taken what would be your average cramped budget hotel room and turned it into something totally lovely with little touches like Cambodian art, colorful throws on the bed and fresh flowers upon arrival. The bathrooms are by no means new but everything is spotlessly clean and soap and shampoo provided. The rooms are definitely small, but so sweet, and have a dresser and mini fridge. The basic $17 room we wanted was not available our first night so we had to change rooms our second day. The staff facilitated this flawlessly for us while we were sightseeing at Angkor Wat.
Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted with a welcome ice tea drink and cold towels. The atmosphere is lovely and there are shared balconies with comfy chairs to read it, little hammocks and a lovely garden area/restaurant.
This hotel is right off a busy side street, so this is probably where the negative noise complaint reviews come from. We have heard music and traffic, but it never has bothered us and the rooms seem pretty quiet as night.
We booked online and the booking was handled flawlessly and professionally, so I am unsure where these negative reviews come from, but for us, staff have been nothing but totally on the ball with everything.
You won't to find better value for the money anywhere in Siem Reap during high season!

Room Tip: Upstairs basic room for $17 is a better value than Downstairs deluxe room for $25.... Upstairs delux...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chefwithapassport
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I stayed in Golden Temple Villa for six nights in December. The price was so low that we did not know what to expect. Now we can tell you, all the glowing reviews are TRUE! It is such nice oasis to retreat to after a day of exciting exploration in Siem Reap!

pros:
location -- less than 5 minutes walk to pub street and the various markets.
staff -- people are SO nice! we relied on the hotel staff to arrange drivers and guides to see Angkor Wat. We asked them for restaurant recommendations -- even though the hotel restaurant was very nice, the receptionists still suggested other restaurants for us to try, and their suggestions are gold!
restaurant -- breakfast was very good but a little pricey (for Cambodia standard). But snacks during "happy hours" are a steal: coconut at 75cents and many other yummy appetizer dishes.
internet -- free and fast. Did I mention fast? Better than many hotels in the US and in Hong Kong. I was wondering whether i was the only one using the internet!
room -- we had a double superior room, with AC. Having AC is very nice because, if nothing else, it is effective in keeping mosquitos away. The bathroom was basically a wet room, but it dried up pretty quickly.

Cons:
One thing you should know is that there is no elevator in the hotel. We stayed on the top floor, which was OK for us (two adults in good health) but it may not be pleasant if you have heavy luggage or are already exhausted from climbing the Wats.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HuaLala
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

very nice place! the hotel is small but very clean. The staff friendly, welcoming and always helpful. We spent 2 nights, we were offered a nice triple room - very comfortable. the price included hotel fare, welcome drink and 1hour massage. The coffee/tea and banas are offered out of charge all the time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends