“Excellent stay in Siem Reap!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Temple Villa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Golden Temple Villa
Ranked #50 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
“Excellent stay in Siem Reap!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I came from Battambang City and some folks recommend this place to me. I spent 3 nights here. This place was pretty great! The rooms were clean and big, the room are cleaned daily upon request, it is on the 3rd floor so i had to climb the stairs.

It was $10/day.. Free bike hire. Free 1 hr massage upon check in. It's located close to one of the must hangout place, the pub street. Staff's are very helpful and every time i came back from a trip they will give you either coffee or tea whichever you like, i love their free flow of coffee and bananas. They can also assist you if want to go on tour or buy bus ticket to go somewhere else in Cambodia or crossing border. Oh, there is a restaurant too, pretty cheap than eating elsewhere.

The only cons I can say is the their water, it seems smells like rust, but i hope it is fixed now.

I will stay here again if i had another chance to go in Siem Reap. This hotel was great value for money!

Stayed as a solo traveler, April 2013.

Room Tip: They have free airport transfer if you will be coming from the airport, just asked.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Raijin Mee L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
LONDON, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

stayed for several nights - had two bookings and had to move rooms. first room was not great; small, dark room on ground floor which felt like it had been pushed in to service. This was for one night only and moved to my new room next day: much better room on first floor. had own private balcony and was close to the shared balcony. much nicer room.

the staff were universally helpful and friendly. the food selection in the restaurant was not bad - the breakfast menu was good and i ate there regularly. some of the staff seemed overly-distracted by the large TV which was showing Return to Oz but mercifully the sound was down.

one of the things i learned to tolerate is that, in order to enable to people to work, a fair few staff members have children on site and while there was no significant disruption from them, it did make the hotel feel less "professional" and more "family-run." you can take this as a criticism or a positive depending on your world view.

wifi worked well, rooms were kept clean. the "security" keeping an eye on the garage across the road wasn't great - my bike was stored there and when i did leave - at 5am in the morning with a driver - we unlocked bike, opened gate and left while the security slept.

a good mid-range option for Siem Reap. would probably use again if i returned here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MollyZero
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed at Golden temple villa for 2 nights with my family. It's convenient book via e-mail.
Reception was very good and friendly. First greeting with welcome drink and salted peanut. ^_^
Room was clean and new. Do not hesitate to stay with them. Easy to go to Pub street.
I love this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank monster07
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I really enjoyed my stay last year. The staff were amazing. Very friendly and helpful. I am sorry I cannot name some of the staff - my laptop with relevant details is not functioning, but all the staff were very good. I enjoyed the food which I though was value for money. The hotel is situated within a short walk to where all the nightly tourist action is (Pub Street). The rooms were clean and comfortable, with fridge,coffee station etc. I look forward to staying here again on my next visit. (they even took a photo of me with 2 staff members when I left, and emailed them to me later, which I thought was a nice touch)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank anyda-nname
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

There is a reason why this place won Trip Advisor Awards for 2013. It is beautiful & serene. With low prices for high quality. Wonderful staff, a free body massage - on site with their own massage room - amazing food. When we walked in on new years eve, for 3nights, we were walked through to the beautiful restaurant, were given delicious iced lemon tea and nuts, on a wonderfully presented tray and my friend turned to me and said "im never leaving".. We hadnt even seen our rooms yet!

It's near everything you need and the staff will help you with anything you can't find.

It's worth a visit, you won't want to leave.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lordicross
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed in golden temple villa last dec 2013 for 2 nights. It was a pleasant surprise for the kinda money we paid. I was pretty impressed with the reviews and the pics I saw on trip advisor but wasn't sure how much of it was true. So i decided to take a chance and we weren't disappointed one bit.

Clean rooms , refreshing welcome drink , awesome breakfast (only suggestion: coffee could be better)
Place is Aesthetically done. Free bananas ( children freaked out on it )
Free massage (which we couldn't try) what more can one ask for... And
All of this at a very very reasonable price.

I would definitely recommend this to anybody.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Jahnavikp
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Golden Temple Villa in early January 2014 and it was absolutely lovely. From check in to check out it was a delight. The restaurant was reasonably priced and the food was amazing! I would definitely recommend staying here, and I will be next time I come to Siem Reap!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo