“Awesome”

Ranked #60 of 354 Hotels in Siem Reap
Brooklyn, New York
“Awesome”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I love love loved this hotel. They picked me up at the airport, gave me a refreshing drink and snack when I arrived, and showed me to my room which was spacious enough and cozy. Breakfast was delicious (banana pancakes) and coffee/tea/bananas were available 24/7. Staff was happy to make great recommendations for local restaurants and loaned me a bike. They always had an eye out to make me happy & comfortable-- when I went into a small room off the lobby to use the phone, they immediately turned on the fan for me, and when I used the computer in the business center, they brought me a mint drink right away.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Wow, what a service and kindness, this hotel has it al for a small price. Service is 5*. I can't believe that people would complain about this hotel. I was there in Februari / March. I got really ill and they took care of me. I was traveling alone, but never felt alone during my sickness. They made sure I had a room during my illness and they never let me out of there sight. The Manager Moun Tourn even stayed in my hotel room 2 nights to wake me up because of head trauma. They arrange good trips to Angkor Wat, the food is fantastic, good wifi and the rooms are nice and comfortable, massages are good and also nice little garden with a common area to lounge. Some one person rooms are small, but who is in Cambodia to be in their room the whole day. It has everything you need, good bed, warm water, fridge! Not to forget, very important "great location", one blok from Pubstreet and Nightmarket. Tourn and all the staff thank you for an amazing experience and hope to see you all soon, because I will come back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank CSamsterdam1980
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Golden Temple Villa exceeded our expectations. The staff were so friendly and helpful arranging very early breakfast for us when we visited the temples at sunrise and giving us advice about day trips and places to go. We would definitely stay here again and recommend highly - excellent value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We went to Siem Reap 6 days ago just really excited about the temples, but after our 5 day stay, I must say that meeting people from Cambodia, especially the people here in Golden Temple Villa, is also something to look forward to.

Amazing service. Amazing people who are always ready to greet and smile to you everytime they see you. Really eager to help you with anything. The room is perfect. The foods they have at their own restaurant is also great. Free coffee, water, banana and tea, free wifi and use of computers, free massage, are also a good thing for a $16 per night accomodation. The place is also great location-wise because it is near to a lot of places (night market, old market, pub street, artisan d angkor, quad bike adventure, river etc)

Upon arrival, while they're preparing the room for us, they gave us a very relaxing drink and a very cold towel, which is very much relaxing! One time we arrived from a tour in the afternoon, another batch of these towels were also given to us. I always look forward to these towels as they are very nice.

The tuktuk driver they gave us for the whole trip, Mr Vent is also great! he speaks quite good english and likes to make a joke once in a while which surprises us sometimes. I would gladly recommend him for your tour.

My girlfriend, who was celebrating her birthday was surprised just before we left by the staff. The prepared a cake and fruits and then they sang her a happy birthday song, which is just amazing.

We really love this place!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jerome J
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Friendly chap from GTV called Mr Orn fetched me from SR Intl. Waited for me for a long time due to the long queue at immigration clearance. But he was still smiling and helped me with my luggage like an excited little boy.

Cool welcome drink and cold towel on arrival.

Room was clean and fantastic for me. There were no shortage of amenities for the purpose of my stay. Mini bar replenished everyday (2 bottles of water), hot water, etc.

This is not a five star establishment but the service in my honest opinion beats many top tier international brand hotels I have been to on business. I was greeted with so much joy every morning, and upon return from excursions. Cold refreshing towels upon return. Great!

This lady, Ms Lucky was especially helpful. She's willing to go out of her way just to ensure that my requests are met. She was also very attentive to other guests. Although there was one male staff who was looking very "the world against him", but nothing/no one is perfect.

I caught the sleeper bus to Phnom Penh and Lucky went out of her way to make phone calls to get me a tuk-tuk so I don't have to walk out to call one in. Despite her failure in locating one, she still made sure I got on the tuk-tuk I hailed in from the main road by going all the way out to the street and stood there till I left. It was sad to leave such a wonderful place.To have her is GTV's great gain, to lose her is their big loss.

Fantastic restaurant. Loved it. And they have happy hour - cheap beer! Friendly waiters and waitresses.They packed my breakfast for Angkor Wat sunrise despite my last minute order. God knows what time do they wake up just to prepare.

WiFi was good enough for me. Fast and reliable.

Complimentary massage is fantastic in a comfortable cool room. One could sleep like sleeping beauty in there.

A few knockings here and there in the afternoon but it is bearable. That is the best time for them to repair/renovate for improvements. Almost always out anyway.

All in all, better than any hotels I have been too. A friendly environment. One that makes you feel at home and part of the family. Will return without half a doubt.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed here for four nights and found it great. The room was very clean, the bed was comfy. The hotel is in a great location and the food at the hotel restaurant was outstanding, not to mention the complimentary massage! (which was amazing). The staff were very nice and friendly, however a little more knowledge with local recommendations (restaurants, massages, tours etc) would have been helpful and the staff were not as forthcoming with information as some of the other places we stayed.

All in all the value for money you get here is outstanding.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, good price, attention to the guest all around the clock. Rooms are nice though not very big. Breakfast included: at least 7 or 8 options, from Western to local and fruits. Also, easy to arrange short to tours with them. Do recommend.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple