“The BEST place we stayed our whole trip”

Golden Temple Villa
Ranked #61 of 353 Hotels in Siem Reap
Vancouver, Canada
“The BEST place we stayed our whole trip”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were lucky enough to stay in some awesome, cheap, places our whole backpacking trip but this place really took the cake. The staff was beyond friendly, remembered us the entire stay, and went above and beyond anything we ever expected. The best part of this place, aside from comfortable rooms and great food, was the location. You are seriously only about 3 or 4 blocks from all the action (pub street and all the markets.) We are planning our next trip here now and will absolutely be staying here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great location- close to old market and pub st but located in a quieter area, super friendly, helpful, English speaking staff, restaurant with delicious, reasonably priced food, free water, tea, coffee, bananas, airport transfer... I could go on forever. The place is safe and I felt comfortable with the tuk tuk driver (Mr Thy) they arranged for me.

Overall, really great value for what you get. I got a really small room though and the sheets didn't seem too clean/fresh but it was okay because I brought a sleep sheet with me. Otherwise, such a lovely place with great staff and I would stay here again if I ever find myself in Siem Reap again!

• Stayed June 2014
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The staff are really friendly and are eager to help guests with request. They shared about the tours they could arrange and were not pushy. I overheard them asking other guests if their room was fine and they attempted to address any issue which was brought up.
The location was good, located about 400m away from pub street. Close enough to the nightlife and far enough for a good night's rest. Genevieve's restaurant is nearby and I would recommend having a meal there.
I opted for breakfast but had to forgo one morning as I had opted to see the sunrise. Unfortunately, they do not pack breakfast to take along. However, when I had breakfast, it was good. I liked the banana pancake, a thick fluffy pancake with thin slices of banana on top.
The rooms were clean and well maintained. Though I didn't like the idea that a light cannot be offed when I was sleeping, my eye shades solved that issue for me (perhaps if you brought it up to the staff, they would do something about it).
I stayed in a single room, number 64.

Room Tip: If you want to watch TV in your room during the day, room 64 is not a good idea as the glare makes i...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2014

First off I feel a little bad for writing this review so late. After reading through the great reviews, I decided to book this hotel for the 3 nights we were there. Great choice and much, much better than I expected. We paid something like $35 USD which came with airport pickup and drop off, a free massage and all the lemon grass iced tea and banana chips you could eat! The staff, amazing. 5 star resorts could learn a thing or 2 from these guys. There wasn't a moment we entered the hotel that we weren't greeted with a cool towel, and some fresh iced tea and banana chips and a hello. All staff are friendly and social. We loved it and were sad we only stayed 3 days!!! The room was clean and modern. And when I say clean, I mean CLEAN! Not SE Asia clean, actually really clean! The bed was comfortable and had fresh sheets that weren't worn out. I honestly can't wait to go back and this place is the reason I will return. Don't waste your money on a more expensive resort. This place is #1 on tripadvisor for a reason! The service is 5 stars all the way. Thank you Golden Temple Villa for treating me and my friend like a couple of kings!

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
LONDON
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here for three nights and found the staff to be amazing! They were always there to greet you with a smile and an offer of help whenever returning to or leaving the hotel. We booked our trip to Angkor Wat through them too. The location is great - only three / four minutes on foot to the old market and Pub Street. The room we stayed in was a superior double - the room was a good size and the bed was comfortable. The one thing I will say is that our shower was not very strong which made washing off the dust from our days at Angkor took a while but this is my only (and really very minor) comment. I would definitely recommend staying at the Golden Temple Villa - the staff are lovely, and its a great base for exploring Siem Reap's nightlife. A tuk tuk to Angkor Wat was also only about 25 minutes too, Highly recommended!

Room Tip: There is no lift so if stairs are an issue for you ask for a room closest to ground floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank K82London
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We ended up staying 5 nights as it was so awesome. The restaurant Serves delish food for amazing prices (esp Khmer curry only $2.50 in happy hour 4-11pm).reception Staff couldn't have been more lovely and helpful. Clean rooms at greAt prices

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emily C
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was an absolutely wonderful little hotel! I had an exceptionally late check-in at 02:00am, and the staff were very accommodating about it. Every single dish at the restaurant was delicious! The front desk offers multiple tour options for the extent of your stay. The tuk-tuk drivers associated with the hotel are very professional and happy to take you to the archaeological park.

The hotel is situated exceptionally close to Old Market, Night Market, and Pub Street.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel! I would return in a heartbeat if I ever find myself in Siem Reap again!

Room Tip: I would suggest booking an included breakfast for your stay.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo