“Nice place to stay”

Regency Angkor Hotel
Ranked #143 of 378 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The location was good and the rooms were clean and very nice furnished. The staff was very helpful. We hope to be back next time we are visiting Siem Reap! Thank you for making our stay memorable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I understand that this hotel is quite new and very clean. There are workers next to the hotel fabricating wooden furniture, for the hotel maybe. Beautiful hotel, nicely decorated with graceful cornices and wood panelling. Red flowery carpet grace the hall and corridors. Room is of good size, well equipped and comfortable. Opens up to a small balcony connecting all rooms at the side but view of an empty lot. There's also a sizable pool but we didn't try. Staff very friendly and helpful; no pressure on hiring a guide for the Coolen Mt. trip and informing us that it will only take USD2 for the Tut-tut trip to town. Also recommending us places to eat for dinner. Location just a few blocks from the Muzeum and next door to a gem store. Along the same main street as big 4 and 5 star hotels. Very green. Another thing we like about the hotel is a good spread for breakfast.

We got a good deal with AirAsia during low season (April 2014). Low season is April until September, I understand. But the day after we left, the hotel was full because a big group from Vietnam came visiting.

Room Tip: Any room is equally good I guess, whether it's facing the empty lot, the pool or downstairs room...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We visited during low season, so we found an interesting offer, but without it, the hotel is just amazing.
I did not rate with 5 stars because they still have to finish some things from the hotel and train the staff in some things (for example, we were 3 in the room and amenities were placed for 2).
Besides that, the location is awesome (20 min walk to old night market or $2 tuc tuc), quiet and nice room, and all the facilites. The restaurant has great food, and the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful.
If i come back to Siem Reap, i know where i will stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Very nice quite hotel it just opened a few months ago it is in a very close to Angkor which is very nice for those people that are here to visit .with right management hotel will be one of the best places to stay while in siem reap I stay in lots of hotels in siem reap and this one is equal or better than most

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have never written a review for Trip Advisor before, but I thought that this was necessary. The staff at this hotel really couldn't have done any more for me. I had an early flight which landed at 8am. They picked me up from the airport and allowed me to check in at that time, free of charge.

The staff were so lovely and polite, they were very attentive and truly made my short stay in Cambodia a lovely one.

I would recommend the hotel for any guest really. I was there on my own but I could see it as fitting for couples, family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MsKatherine
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Almost too good to be true when we saw this hotel on our eyes. Grand lobby, intricate decors, large pools. And yet it seems we are the only guest. Service are great! foods in the restaurant a bit steep but serves big chunk of steaks (try it! but a little bit "well done" for my taste) and great service from the resto staff (we were the only one eating dinner during that time so its kinda like a private dinner on a grand resto like that :)

Wide array to choose from on the breakfast buffet. Another positive points for this hotel considering you're out there burning calories for temple visit.

bathroom has complete toiletries, clean towels.

I also liked how they infused technology in the rooms (centralized remote on lights, tv, and AC)

really feels like staying on 5-star hotels and yet we paid around 35$ a night. Great Value!

The hotel is located around 10min tuktuk ride from the ticket area of Angkor Wat and around 3$ tuktuk ride from the Pub Street

One thing I just noticed is no security guard to see at night even when we went out the hotel at 5am for Angkor Wat sunrise view.

Room Tip: Choose pool view area. Very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2014

New attractive hotel, elegant lobby area. Large clean, even a bit luxurious rooms -- quite comfortable. Good breakfast, average food in dining room at dinner time. Elegant pool area, but shaded much of the day, so a touch chilly in January. The location is a good compromise between downtown and more secluded, but a cyclo ride is needed to get anywhere. We stayed with a tour group, so I cannot comment on value. Service was a mixture of wonderful and lacking: the front desk and concierge staff really bent over backward to be helpful, though good English was in short supply. Service in the pool area was almost non-existent. Since we had a late departure flight, the hotel allowed us to check out mid-afternoon, which was very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends