“Great service, pool, and clean rooms”

Grand Sunset Angkor Hotel
Ranked #279 of 376 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Casa Angkor hotel and had a wonderful time. The staff could't have been more accommodating, making sure my stay was comfortable and that I had everything I needed. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the pool area provided a much needed relaxation spot in the heat of the afternoon (with great food as well).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 September 2013

After finding out that we were staying at the Casa Angkor Hotel I got quite excited after looking at the photos. Sadly we weren't staying in the beautiful main building but in a new addition accessed from the pool area. This proved to be very noisy - the Contiki tour group stayed in the pool until after 2am, and the security walki-talki's could be heard at all hours of the night. The electrics were dodgy - several power points didn't work and there was no overhead lighting. On the positive side however, the pool and bar area were good, the hotel room and bathroom were clean and the bed comfortable. The spa was also good and I had an excellent Khymer massage. Watch the mini bar charges in the room - I picked up early on that I had been charged for items I hadn't used. The staff were very friendly and helpful although they did fail to tell me that they had managed to make a restaurant booking at very short notice leaving me even less time to get ready!

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the main building
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Arrived and greeted by humble and helpful staff, and everything was in place and room was lovely. However there is only one problem, 1 card for power so if you arrive home you have to wait 1hr at least until the room cools down, using the air cond . It is a shame there is only one card per room, and also along with Air conditioners they need to be replaced, their age is showing! Besides this its the best cute little hotel I've ever stayed the cocktails by the pool, were well made and cheap. Plus the food in the hotel was wonderful. We ate out at restaurants but found ourselves leaving the roadside food restaurants for our hotel, which we never do usually. The staff is a real credit to the manager and nothing was to hard for them. Casa is very good and as it is situated in town its close to shops, massages fish feet massages ($2) & Pub Street and food. Yes we will go back!

Room Tip: Top floor away from street and catch the breezes.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

One of the best hotels that I stayed in during my recent trip to South East Asia. The rooms are fantastic, the pool is a welcome relief from the sun, and a well appointed fitness center. The staff are very attentive and will go out of their way to answer your questions and ensure that your stay is everything that you could want. They can even arrange for transit to the hotel at the end of your trip, and the time you need to leave does not seem to matter.

Room Tip: Ask for a terrace room if there is one available.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Richard T, General Manager at Grand Sunset Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Greetings from Casa Angkor Hotel - Siem Reap!
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and in Kingdom of Wonder. Thank you for your kind feedback and have a great week ahead.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights as part of an Intrepid tour. The room was a decent size (for a single traveler staying in a twin room), beds were a bit soft, aircon worked effectively as did the bar fridge. Room was surface clean but there were a few bits of rubbish under the bed (found these when I pushed to the 2 single beds together).

The Good:
- Good sized bathroom and shower alcove
- Adequate storage space
- The bar by the pool does buy 2, get 1 free drinks each afternoon - very worthwhile!
- Indoor and outdoor seating for breakfast

The Average:
- Furnishings in the room are farily dated and have some slight damage.
- Internet connectivity was inconsistent and dropped out regularly
- No iron in the room
- Room safe was small - not large enough to fit a tablet or A4 folder
- Beds were a bit soft for my liking
- Breakfast was fairly limited in choice and no real variety day to day

The Bad:
- Water pressure in the shower is non-existent. The room is fitted with a rain-shower but the water trickles out and does not maintain a regular temperature (I had to jump out from under it to avoid getting burned a number of times)
- Some of the bedding was torn/ripped. I deliberately left a torn cover on my bed with the tear being completely obvious but it was not replaced, just refitted to the bed
- Electrical wiring in the room seemed a bit dodgey. The lamp next to the bed would constantly cut in and out when I moved on the bed. Was sure not to leave a bottle of water on the bedside table at night.
- I had a few dollars in change go missing from my room. I didn't report it as it was only a small amount, but would not suggest leaving any valuables laying around.
- A Contiki tour was at the hotel one of the nights I was there. Although they didn't bother me, other members of my tour group said they were kept up until early in the morning as the Contiki crowd decided to have a late-night pool party. My room was at the rear of the hotel, away from the pool.
- I walked down the street along side the hotel one night to go to the convenience store was was offered massage with happy ending, a girl, a boy and some hash. I didn't feel threatened but it's not necessarily the most savory area after dark.

Overall, Casa Angkor is suitable for budget 3 star accommodation but there's probably better places to stay in Siem Reap.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Richard T, General Manager at Grand Sunset Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Greetings from Casa Angkor Hotel - Siem Reap.

Thank you for staying at Casa Angkor Hotel on your most recent visit to Siem Reap, Cambodia.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for feedback.

At Casa Angkor Hotel, we aimed to provide the best possible service and accommodation to our guests. Therefore, we valued our customers’ constructive comments greatly as they are true reflections of our performances.
I have personally forwarded your comments to our management team. As a result, Casa Angkor Hotel team has acknowledged the comments and they are thrived to improve upon your constructive reviews.

We sincerely hope to be able to warmly welcome you back again at Casa Angkor Hotel in the near future.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed in Casa 4 nights, the location is perfect, just few mins you can reach the main street, and few more mins you can arrive the night market and pub street, or you can using the bike from the hotel, first 2hrs are free! And just few dollars per day.

I would like to say thanks to Mr. MAN CHEVLY, he is the manager of Casa, we offer birthday cake for my GF, and great arrangement for her birthday night, as well as the staff who server us at the pool bar, once again, thank you very much!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Richard T, General Manager at Grand Sunset Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Joe,

Sok Sabai from Casa Angkor Hotel - Siem Reap!
We glad you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay with us and in Kingdom of Wonder. It is part of our effort to make your stay a memorable one. Everyday we strive our best to make every guest stay to experience the Cambodian hospitality and we are happy that Chevly has done that for you and your girlfriend.

We hope to welcoming you again in the future and thank you for your kind feedback.

Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Casa Angkor is the best choice you can do in Siem Reap!
At our arrival we received free welcome drink and 15 minutes free massage for Casa Angkor Spa. Staff was very kind and helpful. While we were doing check out a person from the staff controlled that we didn't forget anything in our room. Rooms are nice, intimate and well furnished. Bed is very comfortable. Nice also the swimming pool.
Position of the hotel is perfect! 3$ tuc tuc from Pub Street or 5 minutes walk. Free bike rental for 2 hours. Hotel is very cose lavo to a big department store.
Delicious breakfast! Every morning croissant and fresh fruit salad. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Nullapercaso,

Greetings from Casa Angkor Hotel - Siem Reap!