“Lovely Hotel, Excellent Service, Wonderful SR Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Angkor Hotel

Casa Angkor Hotel
Ranked #226 of 337 Hotels in Siem Reap
“Lovely Hotel, Excellent Service, Wonderful SR Experience!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed there in mid-Sept 2013 with 2 of my friends. Everything we wanted in a boutique hotel was found in this lovely place. Wifi, clean towels, efficient room service, breakfast... & the list goes on. Casa Angkor made my virgin SR trip extremely memorable! Will definitely revisit! :)

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on a weekend trip. Staff were polite and tried their best to answer to queries or render help in the shortest possible time. The pool is a nice place to just chill the day away but I hadn't gotten a chance to do that during my short stay. Will definitely do it the next round! Room was spacious and bed was comfortable. Water pressure was good, which is of great importance to me! The air conditioner was working great as some hotels have temperature control that never works BUT i NEVER had this issue here. It was great! Housekeeping was super efficient and cleaned up our suite in a matter of 10 minutes! Friendly service! Oh and I have to say I truly appreciate their WIFI service. It was great and that is VERY important for a city kid! Located within walking distance to PUB street and old market, yet u are away from the hustle and bustle! Overall, GREAT experience! I'll be back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights in June and we were really impressed with the hotel.

Hotel staff are really friendly and full of suggestions on things to do, the rooms themselves are big enough with good bathrooms, good pool area and the bar is reasonably priced. The spa there is also of good value.

We did have some issues with the Air Conditioning which maintanance couldn't fix however the insident seems to have only been our room as our other friends didnt have the same problem.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I had a very pleasant stay in Casa Angkor.

Foremost, the staff was very accommodating and could speak relatively good English. The façade and interiors were simple but polished. It was a low-rise, French colonial style structure but Cambodian elements were interspersed throughout the hotel.

My room was nice--the bed was comfortable. Although the pillows were a tad tough.

The food was good. I ordered margherita pizza for room service and ate about three-fourths of it in less than 15min! (Hungry from the temple trek). Breakfast buffet had adequately varied choices.

I was especially pleased at the little things i availed during my stay, like the breakfast box ready at 5am when I leave to catch sunrise, the 2hour free bike use, and the 15min free massage.

My one complaint however was the water from the shower and sink-- it smelled rusty :-( but I never bothered to bring this up to the staff until time of check out. Anyway, by the third time i showered, the smell somehow disappeared.

I highly recommend this hotel. I'm a 31year old woman and I went to Siem Reap alone as a solemn, post birthday solo trip. This place is nice, reasonably priced, and safe!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank MsFrangipani
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Casa Angkor hotel and had a wonderful time. The staff could't have been more accommodating, making sure my stay was comfortable and that I had everything I needed. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the pool area provided a much needed relaxation spot in the heat of the afternoon (with great food as well).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

After finding out that we were staying at the Casa Angkor Hotel I got quite excited after looking at the photos. Sadly we weren't staying in the beautiful main building but in a new addition accessed from the pool area. This proved to be very noisy - the Contiki tour group stayed in the pool until after 2am, and the security walki-talki's could be heard at all hours of the night. The electrics were dodgy - several power points didn't work and there was no overhead lighting. On the positive side however, the pool and bar area were good, the hotel room and bathroom were clean and the bed comfortable. The spa was also good and I had an excellent Khymer massage. Watch the mini bar charges in the room - I picked up early on that I had been charged for items I hadn't used. The staff were very friendly and helpful although they did fail to tell me that they had managed to make a restaurant booking at very short notice leaving me even less time to get ready!

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the main building
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Gold Coast
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Arrived and greeted by humble and helpful staff, and everything was in place and room was lovely. However there is only one problem, 1 card for power so if you arrive home you have to wait 1hr at least until the room cools down, using the air cond . It is a shame there is only one card per room, and also along with Air conditioners they need to be replaced, their age is showing! Besides this its the best cute little hotel I've ever stayed the cocktails by the pool, were well made and cheap. Plus the food in the hotel was wonderful. We ate out at restaurants but found ourselves leaving the roadside food restaurants for our hotel, which we never do usually. The staff is a real credit to the manager and nothing was to hard for them. Casa is very good and as it is situated in town its close to shops, massages fish feet massages ($2) & Pub Street and food. Yes we will go back!

Room Tip: Top floor away from street and catch the breezes.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple