“I m not sure if it is a scam”
Review of Preah Khan

US$55.00*
Full Day Preah Khan and Neak Pean Temples Tour
Ranked #12 of 182 things to do in Siem Reap
Reviewed 29 November 2013

A 21 yr old boy approached me and started talking to me about the site, and kept following me around. I was aware that I would be needed to give him tips and maybe that is how he supported himself. He said he studied at night, but when I asked more questions,it seems he could not understand, so I m not sure if he is really a student or just memorizing the words he said.He asked for 7 to 10 USD , and I happened not have small change. So in the end stupidly gave 10. Actually a friend of mine who have been there think they r really working hard to guide ppl. But I m really not sure if I m cheated. But I would suggest u bring along snack or small change to give them, as they really did a good job explaining

Reviewed 28 November 2013

This temple had much to offer. It was in a ruinous state but was also uniqueness; such as the bridge & moat leading up to it. There some structures that were still in pretty good shape while others were crumbling in addition to the jungle re-claiming some structures like Ta Promh. This was not a busy site with tourist so that was a major plus.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Preah Khan has had very little restoration done. Between the size of the complex and the disrepair of the ruins, it is very easy to miss key portions of the temple. When we visited, a Cambodian police officer was working to earn a little money on the side by giving tours. It was a relatively short tour but he showed us at least a half dozen areas we would have missed. It was also his lucky day as a $5 bill was the smallest we had! Of all the temples we visited this is one of the only ones I would like to come back and spend more time exploring.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was my wife and my favourite temple, Most probably because we viewed it at 6:30 in the morning and the solitude and silence made it magic!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My friend recently got married here, and what a lovely experience that was. We arrived for the ceremony around 6:30 and there were hardly any tourists around so if you want a little one on one time with Prea Khan, an early morning start may be the way to go.