“Sublime, with such a sense of Place”

Ranked #44 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My daughter and I have so enjoyed staying at the newly opened Park Hyatt in Siem Reap that we truly don't want to leave the calm ambience of this hotel.

We have had the good fortune to stay here for ten nights and have been made to feel so welcome. Every care has been taken to ensure our time here has been a relaxing and quite incredible experience.

Tranquility, style, grace and elegant charm emanate from every aspect of this exquisite space; from the wonderfully welcoming and genial Management to the beautiful, gentle and courtly Khmer staff.

The entire design throughout the hotel gives a wonderful sense of Place; the Sublime Spa, the local artisan-created serving bowls and baskets used in the Dining Room, the arrangement of Khmer pieces, the placement of Sacred Lotus flowers, the reflection pool with the majestic Banyan Tree in its centre.

The rooms are beautifully appointed. Our Park View room gives us a glimpse of the city scape of Siem Reap with its unique architecture, the afternoon rain and such incredible sunsets.

The Glasshouse Deli/ Patisserie is a popular spot and its rhythm of everyday life is a fitting juxtaposition to the refinement of the Dining Room and understated sophistication of the Living Room and Verandah.

The food in both the Dining Room and Cafe is created and served with obvious care and warmth of heart. The wonderful chef from Germany, Martin Robl, sources only the very best of ingredients.
I have found every meal to be delectable, delicious and delightful; from breakfast of fresh fruit and chicken noodle soup to lunch at the Glasshouse with a cup of tea and freshly prepared baguette followed by their oh so delicious home-made ice cream. The evening meals range from piquant, aromatic and subtle Khmer dishes to succulent International dishes. Make sure you leave room for the sumptuous and decadent desserts. Thank you Martin and your glorious staff for sharing with us us an insight into the Khmer culinary world.

Sarah Moya, we want to sincerely thank you for your connectedness and for bringing us to your enticing and sublime Hotel. Now that we have found you, we will definitely be returning and also telling all of our friends and family this is the Place to Be.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank landofmanypossums
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post such a super review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read all of your positive comments. Of course it was also very good to meet you and your daughter while you were both here and we certainly look forward to your return!

You will be pleased to know that I have shared your comments with the hotel team, especially Sarah and Martin who I know were chuffed with your positive message.

Wishing you safe travels back to the “Land of Many Possums” and looking forward to your returning to Park Hyatt Siem Reap again soon.

Thank you again!

I trust you are well,

Reviewed 25 August 2013

This newly opened Park Hyatt a Gem in Siem Reap... don't think twice stay here, super clean and very hospitable staff. (everyone knows your name and is super helpful)

Its location is great in the centre of everything the night market is within walking distance 5min. A tock tock ride back to the hotel if you don't fancy a walk is $1, the hotel is a short drive the Angkor site it took ten minutes by car to get their and twenty to get back.

Staff are amazing they arranged for us a guided tour of the Angkor sites our guide who is a photographer as well was amazing he knew all the good spots to take pictures.

Usa who checked us in was a gem he took care of everything in our stay he was always around when we needed anything.
We only ate the hotel when in Siem Reap and i agree with other reviewers more dinner options would have been great but everything we ate was delicious.
We did not try to the Spa or the pool as we did not have time but in the evening just relaxing in the courtyard was spectacular.

One thing to note when booking be careful when booking through the website the rates are too high for the location, and when you contact the hotel to ask for a price don't quote the website price as they stick to it if you mention it. Ask for the best available rate which in our case was 50% of the site rates due to advance booking but they don't tell you this unless you ask.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post such a fabulous review on Trip Advisor!

I was delighted to read your comments and can assure you that they will be shared with the entire team. Your comments in regards to the menu also taken on board and will be discussed with our executive chef. That said I was of course pleased to read you enjoyed all that ordered. I will also ensure that Usa is awarded with some HYstar points for his being so helpful.

I write this trusting you are well and hope we are able to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Siem Reap soon

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We booked our stay at the hotel prior to its opening through Amex and communication then was a bit patchy so we were a little concerned prior to our arrival if everything was in order. Anyway just a few highlights from our stay:

- All the staff was really very helpful and friendly, we have to commend the management for the excellent training of their people
- We enjoyed the breakfast which had both local and western choices and it was great to have a sit down breakfast which we could order rather than a buffet
- We had all our meals in the hotel, overall the quality of food is very nice though the main dining restaurant could have more options for dinner, it was a bit limited
- The lap pool was not opened yet but we really had a good time in the pool on the first floor, it was nicely designed
- The design of the breakfast area was lovely and peaceful

Overall we would choose to stay here again, though there are some minor points of feedback:
- There was a nice big bath in our room with a TV but we never used it as the inside of the bath didn't look clean. We were told that this is due to the design of the thing on the floor of the bath but this is very silly as there was no need to spoil the bath with the design which made it look dirty instead. Something should be done to get rid of it as I'm sure we won't be the only ones who thinks it looks dirty and stained

- Though the hotel was brand new I noticed there were already stains on the wooden tables in our room, there should be more emphasis on maintenance. Also there weren't any pens or pencils at all in the room and there should be more than one box of tissues in the suite. Wifi in the bedroom of the suite also did not work as well as in the living area

- We were upgraded to a suite through the Hyatt Diamond program so it was great but the rate for a standard room might be over-priced considering the local economy in Siem Reap and also the other hotels available in the area

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay here at Park Hyatt Siem Reap. While it was pleasing to read how you enjoyed the hotel and its facilities, I cannot ignore your comments in relation to that of housekeeping and rooms maintenance and would like to assure you that I have followed up on this. Your comments are certainly appreciated and once more, thank you for sharing with me

I trust you are well and please let me know if you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

This hotel is an amazing value and everything about it is so nice and great decorations and amazing staff! i was planning to write a review after i finished my stay here but i can not wait as it is blowing me away. I can say that the food i had tonight the usa tenderloin with roasted garlic and the potatoes was one of the best i have ever had. Also it is very romantic and seems like a little oasis in the middle of this small cambodian village. This seems like one of the best hotel experiences i have ever had.

Room Tip: not sure just look on agoda and find the best price and get a king size bed
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank brownmiester1
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for your extremely positive review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted at how much you enjoyed your time here in the hotel and from what you wrote, each and every aspect thereof. Our chef was of course very pleased that you singled out the dinner you had in The Dining Room. Good comments are always good to receive and I can assure you that he shared these with his culinary brigade!

Please let me know if you plan on returning so that I can personally look after your reservation.

I trust you are well and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

This was our first visit to Cambodia and I was skeptical at first about staying in a newly opened hotel but the Park Hyatt Siem Reap exceeded my expectations and was excellent on all counts. After taking the opportunity to visit several other 5 star hotels in Siem Reap, we can confidently say that none reached the calibre nor offered the same experience as the Park Hyatt Siem Reap. We have stayed in several Park Hyatt hotels but Park Hyatt Siem Reap is definitely one of the best and out of all had absolutely the best beds. Congratulations to Sholto Smith, General Manager, and his team for smooth running of a newly opened hotel. You walk into a lobby smelling deliciously of lemongrass with staff who were friendly, charming but non intrusive. The ambience and mood of the hotel was calming and relaxing especially after a day at the temples. The rain on our second day didn't dampen the mood or the feel but in fact enhanced it especially when sitting in the courtyard facing the banyan tree. The pool is well thought out as it comprised of an infinity lap pool with a view of Siem Reap and several nooks of Jacuzzis and islands that gives you privacy. The spa near the pool area was amazing! We tried the various types of massage, body scrubs and wraps and the relaxed feeling stayed with us and even followed us home. Breakfast is just awesome! Definitely hands down the best among all the Park Hyatts we have stayed in (the beef noodles is a must) and the amok for dinner was the best we had in all of Siem Reap. Oh, and do go to the Glasshouse and try a scoop of their homemade ice cream (Passionfruit and Palm Sugar were our favorites). The location was ideal as it was a stroll away from the markets and the hotel had a reliable tuk tuk service if you need to go further. We took a tour of Angkor with a Khmer scholar arranged by the hotel and it was worth every dollar spent. A special thank you to Ratha who made us feel welcome from the first moment we stepped in and to all the other staff who did equally the same. Another special thank you to Bruno, the Assistant Director of Rooms, who went out of his way to make sure our stay went well and also for getting me my last minute request of lotus flowers to bring home. A truly special and memorable stay for anyone who chooses the Park Hyatt Siem Reap.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank zaylahis

Thank you for your super review on Trip Advisor – I especially liked the heading “A Sanctuary in Siem Reap!” I was also of course delighted to read that your skepticism was short lived.

Needless to say your positive comments and those of your son, have communicated to the team. It is of course through comments of this nature that we learn that going that extra mile in order to exceed guest expectations is worthwhile and indeed, very satisfying!

I trust you are well and hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Siem Reap again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel a few years ago when it was still called Hotel de la Paix. I did not write a review then, but I want people to know I still have the best memories of this particular hotel. It was one of the best hotelexperiences I ever had. Wonderful rooms, wonderful breakfast and the service and decoration, it is all amazing. I hope I can visit again soon.
Book this hotel, you won't be disappointed

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! Of course all the better when it was such a positive one. It was super to learn too that you had stayed here when the hotel was not under Hyatt management and that your return trip to the newly opened Park Hyatt Siem Reap, did not disappoint.

I do hope that you will return again and that when you do please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can personally assist you with your accommodation requirements.

Wishing you all best from Siem Reap and looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

A really great place to stay in Siem Reap. Hotel room was brilliant as they had just opened up after full refit. Spa and pool/gym were also great. We ate at the hotel dining room twice during our stay and couldn't fault it. Most of all the people ... sincere, fun, chatty and attentive ... brilliant service all round. Only sllght dampner was the US$50 charge for a car to take us back to the airport ... because they couldn't call a taxi ... really ???????

Room Tip: 203 has a kitchenette, 2 washrooms and living room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin P

Thank you for your review on Trip advisor and I apologise that it has taken me this long to respond! I have just been waiting for my access to be switched over and now that it has been I am of course respond! Again, great that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you were able to sample many of the hotel’s facilities. I appreciate your comments too about the taxi and take these on board. That said we contract via third party and one that supplies us with a fleet of BMW and Hyundai H1 vans. Taxis are of course far more reasonable but can be very hit and miss in terms of the quality. Again, your comments are appreciated and have been shared. I just hope that they did not mar your otherwise positive experience.

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after you.

I trust you are well.