“Simply Perfection”

Ranked #46 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The newly rebranded Park Hyatt Siem Reap opens its doors for an amazing stay that you will remember for years to come. Being one of the first guests since the new opening I was impressed with every single element of this property.

As you walk in through the main entrance, you’ll pass the lobby and the lounge where the space opens up to the main courtyard of the hotel. The feature here is the ancient Banyan tree that acts as a centre piece of the entire property. This relaxed setting is a total juxtaposition from the bustling streets of Siem Reap. For the next four nights, I was home.

Location : Set right smack in the heart of the old city, the Park Hyatt Siem Reap could not be placed in a better location. Step inside the hotel and you feel like you are cut off from the rest of the word, but once outside, a short walk takes you to the busy night markets, pub street as well as many boutique shops and bars. Just what every traveller is looking for!

Four nights at the Park Hyatt Siem Reap was definitely not enough and I can’t wait to go back. GM Sholto Smith and his team have done an amazing job and the service is 5 star from the minute you arrive till the moment you leave. Definitely a winner!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Ben,

Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read your comments and thank you too for the personal mention. I of course accept your compliments while highlighting that it is of course a team effort that enables us to do what we do and do it well.

We look forward to your return and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Wishing you a very happy Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous new year too!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This hotel is simply gorgeous. It's very relaxing, beautifully designed, and just overall aesthetically peaceful. The location is also great for exploring the city and going to the temples. The staff is very friendly and helpful despite the language barrier, A for effort on that end. The food was delicious!

My husband and I loved lounging on the swings at night. The aura is just very relaxing. The rooms were also great- comfortable bed, nice layout, good bathroom.

The breakfast was a bit below my expectations- the food wasn't great, the coffee was horrible, and there were flies on the fruit (it's inside by the way). Another issue we had was the AC wasn't working that great and it makes a really annoying noise when it's on, as does the fan.

My husband and I had a 9 pm flight back to Dubai and although they couldn't give us a late check out, they allowed us to use their shower room to take a shower and change etc. before we headed out to the airport, which we truly appreciated.

The room rates are steep for Cambodia that's for sure, but overall it was a great hotel and a great experience.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard, the one's facing the street don't really have a good view...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I appreciated your candid feedback, especially regarding the breakfast, the flies and the Air-conditioning! I will of course ensure all investigated with the aim to fix these glitches. I hope these did not mar what otherwise seemed to be a good stay here in Siem Reap (AKA Temple Town).

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

My family visited Siem Reap in the summer and decided to try the Park Hyatt brand again -- the last time being the Park in Saigon (HCMC). We were not disppointed. The service was impeccable, the rooms superb, the swimming pool a daily focus of relaxation for our children and the food is excellent. It is centrally located for this still-small but rapidly-developing tourist town. As of this moment, we are planning our second visit to the Park in Saigon next year. And we trust it is not too late for us to recommend our experience four months ago to the readers of this website.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Greetings from Siem Reap, AKA, Temple Town!

Thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you have also stayed in our sister hotel, Park Hyatt Saigon in HCMC.

I note that you mentioned you plan to return so please let me know when you do as it would be a pleasure to personally assist you.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

it is close to the pub street. It is only 200 yards from the hotel. First day we took a tuktuk for $1 but after the dinner, we walked back to the hotel after realizing tht it was so close. There are lots of marts on the way where you can buy snacks and drinks. There are three night markets on the way too. The room is kind of small. It is clean. Nice bathroom. The staff speak good English and are very polite. There are two pools. One on the first floor is small but the pool is beautiful. The pool on the second floor has an infinity pool and is very nice and big. At the airport, there is a taxi center and it is $7 to the hotel. The hotel can get you a cab to the airport for $8. Food is great Enjoy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Greetings all the way from Siem Reap!

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read your positive comments about the hotel and while you felt our rooms were a bit on the small side, you did at least enjoy some of our other facilities and also the location of the hotel, which I am sure you would also have seen is the only 5 star hotel with a town centre location!!

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your requirements.

Wishing you a happy Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous new year!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed for two nights at Park Hyatt Siem Reap and were beyond impressed with the excellent and attentive service, kindness of the staff and beautiful hotel. The rooms are perfect, the food was exceptional and the spa was first class! You cannot get a better location close to the markets and pub street yet when inside the hotel it is a private, quiet, sophisticated space. Overall our experience in Siem Reap was incredible and our stay at the hotel certainly contributed to that. Stay here, you won't regret it! Make sure you have dinner one night in "The Dining Room"...one of the best meals we have ever had while in Asia!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review “Gorgeous Hotel in Perfect Location” that you recently posted on Trip Advisor!

Naturally I was delighted with all that you wrote and I have shared this with the entire hotel team! Our Executive Sous Chef was also thrilled with your comments about your experience in The Dining Room, as was our Food and Beverage Manager…. Your claim was quite an honour and one that we will both happily and humbly accept!!

I hope that you will return again soon and that when you do you will contact me so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Wishing you a happy Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous new year!!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Went to Siem Reap for a work conference/holiday. Had a fabulous time and couldnt have asked for anything more from the staff at the Hyatt. Every afternoon we relaxed by the pool. The attendants there were polite. The rooms were fantastic. The bathroom was marble and you have a choice of 2 shower heads. You could either have the fan on or air conditioning in your room.
It was right in the middle of Siem Reap. An easy few minutes walk to the markets. The concierge was happy to change some of my higher american dollars to $1 bills.
For a 5 star hotel in the middle of the city, the Hyatt is worth checking out.
The breakfast was a set menu with a continental buffet. I would of preferred to have my choice of a cooked buffet. Though that is just a personal choice.
The fine dining restaurant was not my thing either.I had the baby chicken. Too many bones. But they do have an alternative menu in their cafe/bar. Loved the fried spring rolls. (Which I had at the pool as well).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from Siem Reap and THANK YOU for your super review on Trip Advisor!

I was most pleased to read how much you enjoyed the hotel and appreciate your comments too regarding breakfast and your personal choice to dinner. Of course, while you were not overly keen on the Dining Room, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed some of our other offerings!! I would have to agree with you too about the spring rolls as they are a particular favourite of mine also.

Do let me know when you plan to return to Park Hyatt Siem Reap so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed at the PH Siem Reap on our trip to see Angkor Wat. The location is very convenient to explore the actual town. The temples are out of town and we actually stayed at Le Meridien during the days we explored the temple since it was just that much closer to the temples. However, when we were templed-out and wanted to see the town and experience the nightlife, Park Hyatt was a great choice.

My complaints are as follows:
1. Upgraded to corner suite, but the unit faced outwards and we saw billboards and rooftops and heard loud noises at night. Not sure if there are suits facing the beautiful garden.
2. the swimming pool is awfully small. The entire property feels small for a Park Hyatt since it was acquired and converted from a boutique hotel.

Otherwise, a great Park Hyatt to stay at.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to both write and post a review on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read your all in all positive comments! Of course, your comments about the upgrade are noted and also the swimming pool. The latter I assume you are referring to our ground floor pool and not the one on the first floor? If that is the case then I apologise that our having two pools was not explained to you when you arrived and were checked in to the hotel.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel soon and when you do have dates in mind that you will contact me sio that I can personally look after your reservation.