“Amazing Hotel!”

Ranked #50 of 354 Hotels in Siem Reap
“Amazing Hotel!”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

One of the best properties I've had the pleasure of staying at. I was particularly impressed with the design aesthetic and their attentive staff (who noticed we were bilingual on our first day and made a point to greet us in both Spanish and English). The location is perfect for exploring and the rooms are lovely. The view from our room was less than ideal, but the remote controlled curtains made up for it. Bonus points: eat breakfast on a giant swinging bed table

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Ola and thank you for your review on Trip Advisor!

I was delighted to read your positive comments, especially in relation to the attentiveness of our staff! Great that you found them to be so obliging and I was impressed about your comment in relation to your being greeted in both Spanish and English. Yes a nice touch and one that I was not aware of. I will ensure this is shared with our assistant director of rooms.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oregon Coast, Oregon
Reviewed 25 December 2013

My husband and I were here to celebrate my birthday and our annual "fun" trip we do every year early in December. We came to Siem Reap to see and learn more about Angkor Temples history. I chose the Hyatt as it had been newly refurbished and a friend who recommended the property when it was still Hotel de la Paix. I made the right choice!
My travel agent quoted us a price for 5 nights for a suite with "direct pool access" and breakfast included. I can't say it was inexpensive but it was worth every penny! Our suite was a one bedroom, small living area, coffee and drink bar, walk in closet and even a separate hallway bathroom in addition to our luxurious main bath with large tub, roomy shower, double vanities and separate toilet room. Our outdoor patio included a large sitting couch and dining table/chairs. The most interesting and fun part was that our patio had steps directly down into the 2nd floor outdoor pool. The area was entirely covered (so the water felt a bit cold into you actually got in) and while it was not totally private to us, it sure felt like it. Truly I felt like Cleopatra steeping down into the pool everyday.

We had our breakfast in the main courtyard restaurant every morning outside to get a good headstart on our daily trek to the Angkor ruins. The first day we chose to purchase a private guided tour and transportation with car through the hotel. We like to do this on our travels so we can get an introduction to the area and then chose our path after that. The guide and driver were quite good (no problem understanding their English). However, because the entrance to the park area was included, we were not instructed on the entrance fee options. This is important because the fee is steep at $20 per person per day. They have a one day pass, a 3 day pass (at $40 for 2) and a week long pass. Because our guide purchased us the 1 day pass included in the tour, we had to pay again each day we chose to go back (2 more days). The other 2 days we hired a "tuk tuk" driver that was in que at the hotel. He was not a guide, only a driver but he was very good and we used him both days including some shopping (that we chose, not him).

We thought the location was great as it allowed us to walk into town or take a tuk tuk for only $1-2 anywhere we wanted to go (and for that price they would stay with you to take you back to the hotel)! Unlike in some other asian countries we have been to, the drivers were trustworthy, eager to please, and took you where you actually wanted to go.

We had dinner outside the hotel twice (both places in walking distance of the hotel and food was good). But we also chose to eat off the casual menu in the lounge/outdoor courtyard area as it was so relaxing and inviting. While the food may seem expensive to some who visit (and in comparison to other places in town), we found it reasonable for the portions that were served. Also, ask about the 2 for 1 happy hour drinks and the sunroom deli. They have takeout (2 night we ate on our patio). We live in rainy country in the US so dining outdoors is a treat for us at anytime! One evening we went down to Pub Street to enjoy some music and night life. We went to the Triangle Bar. Atmosphere was good, drinks ok, but the music was not as expected. The band was not very good and only sang "ballads" - nothing upbeat. We stayed for 1 1/2 hours and finally left. The music we heard at other places wasn't much better. But it was fun at least to get out and about.

The service and staff were impeccable! I learned that most of the staff had been there for at least several years and most were kept after the changeover from la Paix to Hyatt; A credit to both. Our flight did not leave until late in the evening and Usa Preap, the Asst Front Office Manager was kind enough to offer us a late checkout. We spent our last hours enjoying a last drink in the inviting lounge.

My husband and I have been to 30 countries for both business and pleasure. The Park Hyatt Siem Reap and it's staff provided us with one of our most enjoyable and relaxing trips we've ever had.

Room Tip: Try the "direct access to pool" suite if you like to swim. I understand there's only...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for your positive review “Wonderfully luxurious & relaxing,” on Trip Advisor!

I was delighted to read your incredibly detailed review and have shared this with the team here in the hotel. This is proof that it is worth going the extra mile to exceed expectations!!

I hope that you will return again soon and that when you do you will contact me so that I can look after your requirements.

Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with wife and daughter for a week. Hotel has been recently refurbished in a classy way. Very good feel to it, which reminded me of the Metropole in Hanoi. Food and service were generally excellent. We initially stayed in a deluxe room which was nice. We were moved from this room to a suite as first room had air-con issues. The suite was stunning and had it's own plunge pool. Only thing that I could grumble about was that it took 4 days after raising air con issue to be moved (room was constantly freezing). Otherwise a great hotel and very we'll located.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Greetings from Siem Reap and a big thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us on Trip Advisor!

I was of course alarmed at the issue you reported with the air-conditioning but pleased you enjoyed the room you were moved too, albeit taking us a while to address this matter and indeed for us to take action…. The latter of course what I will be investigating!! So and that said, it’s great to have your feedback where that was concerned.

I hope you will return again soon and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can personally assist you.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The newly rebranded Park Hyatt Siem Reap opens its doors for an amazing stay that you will remember for years to come. Being one of the first guests since the new opening I was impressed with every single element of this property.

As you walk in through the main entrance, you’ll pass the lobby and the lounge where the space opens up to the main courtyard of the hotel. The feature here is the ancient Banyan tree that acts as a centre piece of the entire property. This relaxed setting is a total juxtaposition from the bustling streets of Siem Reap. For the next four nights, I was home.

Location : Set right smack in the heart of the old city, the Park Hyatt Siem Reap could not be placed in a better location. Step inside the hotel and you feel like you are cut off from the rest of the word, but once outside, a short walk takes you to the busy night markets, pub street as well as many boutique shops and bars. Just what every traveller is looking for!

Four nights at the Park Hyatt Siem Reap was definitely not enough and I can’t wait to go back. GM Sholto Smith and his team have done an amazing job and the service is 5 star from the minute you arrive till the moment you leave. Definitely a winner!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Dear Ben,

Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read your comments and thank you too for the personal mention. I of course accept your compliments while highlighting that it is of course a team effort that enables us to do what we do and do it well.

We look forward to your return and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Wishing you a very happy Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous new year too!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 December 2013

This hotel is simply gorgeous. It's very relaxing, beautifully designed, and just overall aesthetically peaceful. The location is also great for exploring the city and going to the temples. The staff is very friendly and helpful despite the language barrier, A for effort on that end. The food was delicious!

My husband and I loved lounging on the swings at night. The aura is just very relaxing. The rooms were also great- comfortable bed, nice layout, good bathroom.

The breakfast was a bit below my expectations- the food wasn't great, the coffee was horrible, and there were flies on the fruit (it's inside by the way). Another issue we had was the AC wasn't working that great and it makes a really annoying noise when it's on, as does the fan.

My husband and I had a 9 pm flight back to Dubai and although they couldn't give us a late check out, they allowed us to use their shower room to take a shower and change etc. before we headed out to the airport, which we truly appreciated.

The room rates are steep for Cambodia that's for sure, but overall it was a great hotel and a great experience.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard, the one's facing the street don't really have a good view...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I appreciated your candid feedback, especially regarding the breakfast, the flies and the Air-conditioning! I will of course ensure all investigated with the aim to fix these glitches. I hope these did not mar what otherwise seemed to be a good stay here in Siem Reap (AKA Temple Town).

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My family visited Siem Reap in the summer and decided to try the Park Hyatt brand again -- the last time being the Park in Saigon (HCMC). We were not disppointed. The service was impeccable, the rooms superb, the swimming pool a daily focus of relaxation for our children and the food is excellent. It is centrally located for this still-small but rapidly-developing tourist town. As of this moment, we are planning our second visit to the Park in Saigon next year. And we trust it is not too late for us to recommend our experience four months ago to the readers of this website.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Greetings from Siem Reap, AKA, Temple Town!

Thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you have also stayed in our sister hotel, Park Hyatt Saigon in HCMC.

I note that you mentioned you plan to return so please let me know when you do as it would be a pleasure to personally assist you.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 16 December 2013

it is close to the pub street. It is only 200 yards from the hotel. First day we took a tuktuk for $1 but after the dinner, we walked back to the hotel after realizing tht it was so close. There are lots of marts on the way where you can buy snacks and drinks. There are three night markets on the way too. The room is kind of small. It is clean. Nice bathroom. The staff speak good English and are very polite. There are two pools. One on the first floor is small but the pool is beautiful. The pool on the second floor has an infinity pool and is very nice and big. At the airport, there is a taxi center and it is $7 to the hotel. The hotel can get you a cab to the airport for $8. Food is great Enjoy.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Greetings all the way from Siem Reap!

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read your positive comments about the hotel and while you felt our rooms were a bit on the small side, you did at least enjoy some of our other facilities and also the location of the hotel, which I am sure you would also have seen is the only 5 star hotel with a town centre location!!

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your requirements.

Wishing you a happy Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous new year!