Ranked #49 of 372 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights while visiting the temples, lake and nearby villages. The location is perfect and the service is top class. The city may be seen as a bit chaotic but full of life and interest. The hotel is now fully operational, with exceptional design and features. Everybody is friendly and delivers a top service experience. My wife claims these were the best pillows and bed ever.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thank you thank you thank you for your super review on Trip Advisor!! I was delighted to read all your positive comments which have been shared with the team… Great that your wife also liked the pillows! Let me know if you would like me to share the details of the manufacturer with you and indeed, how to get some…

Thank you again and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon!!

Best regards,

T: +855 63 211234
E: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,416)

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stayed here for two nights upon my arrival in Siem Reap in November. The hotel wasn't fully opened yet, but what I saw was incredible. The location is perfect (within walking distance to the markets, pub street) and feels like an oasis in the middle of all the action (Siem Reap can feel a bit chaotic). The hotel was quiet and feel very tranquil / lush. The courtyard was stunning, the swinging daybeds were amazing, and the rooftop pool was superb.

The service was outstanding.. attentive without being overwhelming. Everyone was kind and helpful and the service felt genuine.

The room was beyond expectations. It almost felt intuitive in it's design. Everything was where it needed to be. The bathroom was amazing, the audio system throughout worked with my iphone (amazing way to wake up), and the décor was beautiful. I had an entry level room and even this was well beyond my expectations. I could have easily skipped a day of touring and just relaxed in my room. The nespresso machine was a nice touch, the toiletries were of great quality and the welcome snack in the room was a great surprise (I didn't find it until day two).

Overall; the hotel was the highlight of my stay in Cambodia! I can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are perfectly suitable (as the bathroom layout is bright and airy).
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor! Your review was great to read and I was pleased that you enjoyed your time here in the hotel and that you found us to be an “oasis in the middle of a chaotic city!!” We certainly think that sets us a apart from our competitors and indeed in a good way! It was also great to read how much you enjoyed the design and the décor of the property too! The architect, Bill Bensley would be delighted…. We are now full open and would welcome your return! Let me know when you do plan the latter so that I can personally assist you.

I trust you are well and thank you again!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Have always wanted to stay at this hotel when it was Hotel de la Paix, and since Park Hyatt took over it was even better. The hotel is very centrally located and one cannot fault the hotel for it's design, staff, really comfy guest rooms. All the staff from housekeeping to Concierge are all superb. The only down side is that we were out so often visiting the temples we didn't really have time to enjoy the hotel! Definitely will be back for another visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for your great review on Trip Advisor! It was super to read how much you enjoyed your stay and that the only negative being that you did not have long enough to experience the hotel!!! I hope that you will return again soon and that when you do you will contact me so that I can personally assist you with your accommodation requirements…

I trust you are well and thank you again!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

It is difficult to fault this hotel. Our 3 night stay here in Siem Reap was one of the highlights of our visit to Vietnam and Cambodia during which we stayed at some very good hotels - but this one was probably the best.
The room was excellent and the bed comfortable; I have written separate 5 star reviews on both the restaurant and bar as they were excellent; the service throughout was impeccable; and the hotel itself is an architectural delight.
What more could one ask for?

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GrumpsDC

Thank you for yet another positive review on Trip Advisor!! I was delighted to read this and will ensure that it is shared with the team… It was great to read that we were the best of all the hotels you stayed in while you were on your travels throughout South East Asia…. Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally.

I trust you are well and that you are not being badly affected by the terrible weather in the UK…

Thank you again!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

The central location of this hotel, and the beautiful architectural style of the public areas in particular meant this was a fantastic choice to stay in Siem Reap. But what we'll remember most is the pleasantness and politeness of 100% of staff that we dealt with- many smiles in a day make a big difference. A really peaceful haven in the city too, but Siem Reap is nowhere near as challenging to get around as the bigger cities in this part of the world. Recommended as worth the money.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments about the hotel and especially about our staff. It is always great to receive feedback of this nature and I can assure you that we have shared this with the team. It certainly assists in further cementing the importance of going the extra mile.

Do let me know when you plan to return to Siem Reap so that I can personally assist you with your reservation requirements!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

You can never go wrong with Park Hyatt. What me and my wife loved about this Hyatt is that its a small boutique hotel and everything in the hotel is just beautiful.
3 great restaurants, clasic bar, Well designed facilities, beatifual spa, 2 swiming pools and amazing rooms. Also its by far the best location you can find in the city. Worth every dollar.
The temple tours can take a lot out of you and as the city its self is not as nice as we have been told, this hotel is the perfect place to relax and really enjoy you holiday.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

It was so great to read your positive review of your experience here and hope that this is the first of many visits.

Thank you also for listing our key features from restaurant outlets to swimming pools! I know that the hotel's architect, Bill Bensley, would also appreciate your kind words about the design features of the hotel.

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

A wonderful hotel overall with its room facilities and hotel amenities from the pool to the Living Room area and the Glass House cafe . Check- in and -out service was impeccable and made us feel like valued guests. Location was also convenient enough within walking distance to the French Quarter and Old Market areas. The only slight let down was its housekeeping service, as we experienced unwashed cups and toiletries supply not being refilled on the 2 nights here.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewbornBebe

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

While it was great to read your positive comments I was of course rather concerned by what you reported of House Keeping and the cleanliness of your room and in-room crockery. We have a stringent programme in place whereby all of these items are removed from the rooms and replaced with items that have been deep cleaned in dishwashers. It is rotational. That said, I have launched an investigation with our housekeeping manager to find out what could possibly have happened. I certainly appreciate your letting me know.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.