“Wonderful Honeymoon”

Ranked #50 of 385 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I was at the Park Hyatt Siem Reap for my honeymoon and we decided to stay at some place moderately classy. And this was truly an amazing stay. We particularly loved the neatness around. From the pool to the living room and reception, all of it impeccably clean and well-maintained. The restaurants, bars, spas and swimming pools were nice. The Glass House café, was particularly splendid. We stayed at the hotel primarily because the rates were affordable and the location was within close proximity of the French Quarter and Old Market areas. The service was prompt and the hotel staff paid fine attention to even the minute details. We were even offered complimentary roses and chocolates upon arrival. The front desk made our checking in process a cakewalk and guided us on the sightseeing. Food was good though not extraordinary. Breakfast however was over the top and had a lot of variety.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor! I was delighted to read how you enjoyed your honeymoon here with us. Your feedback will be shared with the entire team, who I know will be thrilled to hear how much you both enjoyed your time spent here in Siem Reap. With any luck you will both return and when you do, you can contact me so that I can personally look after your accommodation request.

I trust you are well and thank you once more for your post on Trip Advisor!

E: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,489)

Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel is certainly lovely. The pool was absolutely enchanting, the staff was friendly, the rooms were comfortable and well equipped. What did color our opinion was when we asks concierge for some advice on a late model vehicle and driver to take us to Phnon Phen. They said it would cost $650. We stepped outside and into a store front and got a top rate driver and a luxury late model vehicle for $250. Certainly we are not naive to think there are no commissions paid to the Hotel, but really this was beyond.
Also there is a service charge placed on all services which we were told a tiny fraction goes to the employees -the far majority goes to management
Also considering the room prices (one night more than 2-3 months wages) the charges in the hotel's living room restaurant ($7.00 for a medium bottom of weather) are exorbitant

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank inspiregoodBevHil

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read how much you liked the hotel and the facilities, pool “enchanting,” rooms “comfortable,” staff “friendly!” That said, I am sorry for the sour taste that was left in your mouth in relation to the car hire, which I can assure you I will follow up on. Then there is the matter of service charge which as our case is, we collect 7.5% on all sales. The latter of which is paid in its entirety to all local employees. So and that said I can assure you hand on heart, that none of this is held back for management. Alas you have been ill informed and while I do not know who told you this, I will ensure this is made very clear to all staff here in case they do think that what you have reported is indeed what we do. The water. While deemed expensive, we conducted extensive market research and our prices were much in line with other 5 star establishments here in Siem Reap.

Thank you again for your feedback and indeed for sharing the issues with us. Appreciated and greatly!!

I trust you are well!

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Location and architecture are superb. Stylish rooms/suites and exzellent food - best Seafood Amok we ever had! Compliments to the Chef de Cuisine! Staff is great - very friendly and helpful. We would again stay there - no doubt!

• Stayed: February 2014
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor!

It was pleasing to read how much you enjoyed the hotel, our location, design and indeed the Seafood Amok, which you have deemed to be the best you have ever had…. I would be inclined to agree with you but of course I am biased. I will ensure your positive comments are shared with our culinary team.

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We transferred to the Park Hyatt after 2 nights in another supposed 5 star property in Siem Reap that was not living up to expectations and we were so glad we made the decision to move.

Check in was first class with welcome drinks ordered from a menu served in a gorgeous lounge. Initially, you are struck at the attention to detail with the interior design, just perfection! The GM came by to say hello and let us know that he was aware of our situation changing hotels and said "We have a nice room for you" We had booked the best room available last minute which was a Park King Suite. When we were taken to our room we were blown away. Our room was a 2 bedroom pool suite, 2000 sq ft, salt water pool, just gorgeous. We have stayed in many pool suites in tropical beach locations and on safari but never in the centre of a city, what a nice surprise.

We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel and the food and service were outstanding with pricing inline with what you would expect of a property of this caliber.

All staff spoke excellent english and communication was never an issue.

A couple of things that still need work on in this recently reopened hotel are technology issues. Wifi was very spotty, worked sometimes, didn't work other times. The rooms are very high tech (touch pads, etc), which is cool, but I could never figure out how to work the lighting.

We love luxury hotels and have to admit that Park Hyatt was never on our radar before (we had never figured out the difference between Hyatt, Hyatt Recency, Grand Hyatt, Park Hyatt, I just thought they were all standard business hotels). Park Hyatt is a true luxury brand and will be on our list for any future trips where they have a property.

1  Thank ryzee
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Warm greetings from Siem Reap!

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and please also let me add that it was a pleasure to meet you while you were staying with us… I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed the two bedroom pool suite! Yes, quite a surprise given our inner city location. We actually have three 1 bedroom pool suites and as you now know, one 2 bedroom pool suite. (Thank you too for the pictures too).

I have noted your feedback in relation to the patchy internet and the high tech touch lighting. The latter we now place more of an emphasis on when checking guests into the hotel. The Internet is also something that we hope post some recent adjustments, is also allot better than it was when you stayed here with us. I know, it is so frustrating when it does not work as it should! We are all so used to being connected and with both ease and highn speed!!

Thank you once more for your positive review and I do hope that you went on to enjoy your travels. Memory tells me it was Bangkok after Siem Reap.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

It's difficult to fault - so you may say why try?
Because at the price it should be much better the property is lovely ,the service good the price point high for food and drinks but above all the hotel has no personality or soul.
Maybe everything is too new and needs to settle down a a little
But at the moment the hotel has a lot of style but little character or substance

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank bryan i
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Greetings from Siem Reap!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. While your comments were not all in all negative, I have taken on board all that you wrote about our pricing and indeed more so, that of the hotel lacking soul. While we have not received this kind of feedback before, it is indeed interesting that you felt this way.
I trust you are well and hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future. Your feedback post that would be great to then receive!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have recently returned from spending three days at this hotel. It was excellent in everyway. The surroundings are very attractive and tasteful, reflecting the Cambodian culture, and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was very attractively decorated and had every comfort and was kept scrupulously clean. The food and drinks were excellent and good value. The two swimming pools and bar areas provided pleasant places to relax after a day spent sight-seeing. It was already our second visit and we would go again given the opportunity.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Siem Reap!

Thank you for your glowing review on Trip Advisor. From what you have written it would be fair fir me ti say that you obviously enjoyed your stay with us and I was delighted to read, that it was for the second time. Perhaps you can and will return again for a third time and when you do you will contact me directly so that I can personally assist you.
I trust you are well and look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Siem Reap, soon!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed for 3 nights in February, paying USD272 (inclusive of all taxes and service charges) a night for a "park view king" - the smallest rooms. Really nice room, presented in a newly made over hotel, that is handy for being right in the centre of Siem Reap.

There were a few minor issues:
- wifi not working very well, if at all, in the bedrooms.
- bluetooth sound set up in the bedroom never seemed to work
- it was hard to attract the attention of staff in the early evening for drinks etc in the outside verandah seating area on the ground floor, by the Living Room. Even though at 7.30pm it was very quiet.
- the usual confusion about whether breakfast was inclusive in the reservation or not
- there was some confusion around the room reservation, which was done some weeks before. The reservation isaid it was 'Full Prepayment", but no transaction occurred on my card until a couple of days after week checked out.

On the positive side:
- staff had good english skills
- check in was very pleasant
- rooms were good value for the price paid, feeling exceptionally luxurious, with nice furnishings and a lovely bathroom. The lighting and electronics in the bedroom alone were exhausting!
- hotel was able to organise a driver for us, with about 15 minutes notice! He drove us to Beng Meala temple site for the day, and a couple of other venues, for USD80.
- both pools were nice. I liked the shady alcoves for resting in given the temperature was so warm. The cool granite and deep shade helped knock the temperature down a few degrees. The use of various Angkor Wat temple designs in the pool setup was well referenced.
- The hotel really is stunning and well worth staying at.
- really handy to KFC which was just across the road (kidding!)
- Nespresso machine never functioned correctly

All up a fantastic stay in a really beautifully designed contemporary hotel, that made great use of sympathetic art deco style furniture and beautiful room colours, in a central location.

Room Tip: Perhaps book a Park Deluxe View King as a little more room