“Perfect”

Ranked #47 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The great reviews below say the whole story, it really is a gorgeous hotel. Siem Reap surprised us in many ways - just a great town that really does the "tourist thing" well, hard to find in many Asian cities. They really just have a great system for your (most likely) 1 or 2 day stay. Having said that, the Park Hyatt is in a class all its own. It really is just a stunning hotel.

I understand the one review that says it is all "style over substance" because you really don't interact with the employees much - probably more of a language issue - but that is what I look for in a hotel, so it is a preference I guess. Very low key but extremely upscale. The lobby, concierge, etc. are all tucked away so you really never see anyone other than the bellman. I've stayed at plenty of Park Hyatt's -Tokyo, Paris, Maldives - but this one is special. Angkor really is incredible and coming back to this hotel made it an unforgettable trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Worldlytravelguy
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Worldlytravelguy! Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor! I somehow knew it was going to be that of a good one when I saw the word “Perfect!”

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed the hotel and our facilities.... and of course your time here in Siem Reap, AKA, Temple Town. Great that you have also stayed in so many other Park Hyatt Hotels too.

While I have been travelling I was sorry not to be able to meet you. That said, I hope that you will perhaps return one of these days and that when you do I will be able to personally look after you.

I trust you are well and thank you again for your super review on Trip Advisor.

Sholto Smith (Mr)

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is all class. When you arrive you can order a free welcome drink (beer, wine, juice, tea) and enjoy in the living room while they check you in. Modern rooms and large marble bathroom. Breakfast you can have buffet or ala carte.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Megan The Explorer!

Thank you for your review “AMAZING” on Trip Advisor!

We appreciate your glowing review and are delighted that you really enjoyed your time here in Siem Reap! I hope that someday you will return and when you do that you will contact me so that I can personally assist you!

I trust you are well and thank you again!

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were fortunate enough to stay at the Park Hyatt for 4 nights. From check-in to check-out, service was top notch.

Our room was spacious and clean. It was wonderful to have a ceiling fan in addition to AC. There were plenty of universal plugs to charge our computer/cameras/phones all at once.

We ate breakfast at the hotel every morning. It was delicious and every staff member made you feel welcome and provided wonderful service.

The hotel itself is beautiful. We really enjoyed it.

We loved how convenient the hotel's location was to the markets and pub street. We were able to come back from a long day at the temples and walk 5 minutes to get dinner or a massage instead of getting a tuk tuk.

We did find our fantastic tuk tuk driver Mr. Udom (Tuk tuk #11) so if he's there when you stay here, he's wonderful.

We completely enjoyed our stay at the Park Hyatt and will stay there again if we are able to go back to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I think “Wonderful Hotel” said it all and I appreciate that you wrote that!!

All in all it seems both you and your husband enjoyed every aspect of your stay here with us which was very pleasing to read. Your comments about tuk-tuk driver Udom also noted and we will ensure your kind words are shared with him.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation request.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The Park Hyatt was a great place to relax and unwind after a long, hot, day of climbing temples. The facilities are certainly new and well decorated. We stayed in a Standard room for 2 nights and were very pleased with the size and layout. I loved the L shaped couch and table in the room - perfect for resting and catching up on email or editing pictures of the day. The bathrooms are lovely too with a large basin tub and separate shower.

The one thing that bothered me was the musty smell and damp feeling of our room. I know Siem Reap is humid, but I didn't not get this smell in our other hotel stay (The Privilege Floor) nor did I detect it in the hotel common areas. Our AC could not get below 24C. And one evening after dinner, we even came back to our room to find the AC was shut off. We concluded that perhaps housekeeping shutoff the master power when turning the beds. Later we discovered our entire room's power would temporarily switch off (lights and all), just for a few seconds, but would come back again. We were only staying here for 2 nights on Hyatt points so didn't feel the need to complain, but just something to watch out for! Isnt this supposed to be a NEW hotel?

You cannot beat the location of this hotel! Walking distance to shops and restaurants if your tuk-tuk'ed out.

Overall, we would stay here again as we hope our room issues were just one-off. The room rates for this particular Park Hyatt (like everything else in Siem Reap) are much more reasonable than other locations. Take advantage of this!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phaaatlouie

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I liked the title of your post but the but…. did concern me!

While I do not know the actual room in which you stayed I will speak to our engineering team about the set points for the Air-conditioning and also, why it could have been off when you returned to your room as that is not something that should happen. What should happen is that if you are out for an extended period of time, the temperature should increases, ever-so-slightly, and then when you return, it lowers.

Indeed to power cuts! Alas an all too common occurrence here in Temple Town… While we have two backup generators, there is a delay between the power going down and our generators then picking up the slack. I know not idea, but it is what it is and I am sorry if that was not explained to you better.

Otherwise, great that you enjoyed the hotel, our location and I do hope that you will return again soon and that when you do, you will contact me directly so that I can personally look after you.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I was at the Park Hyatt Siem Reap for my honeymoon and we decided to stay at some place moderately classy. And this was truly an amazing stay. We particularly loved the neatness around. From the pool to the living room and reception, all of it impeccably clean and well-maintained. The restaurants, bars, spas and swimming pools were nice. The Glass House café, was particularly splendid. We stayed at the hotel primarily because the rates were affordable and the location was within close proximity of the French Quarter and Old Market areas. The service was prompt and the hotel staff paid fine attention to even the minute details. We were even offered complimentary roses and chocolates upon arrival. The front desk made our checking in process a cakewalk and guided us on the sightseeing. Food was good though not extraordinary. Breakfast however was over the top and had a lot of variety.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor! I was delighted to read how you enjoyed your honeymoon here with us. Your feedback will be shared with the entire team, who I know will be thrilled to hear how much you both enjoyed your time spent here in Siem Reap. With any luck you will both return and when you do, you can contact me so that I can personally look after your accommodation request.

I trust you are well and thank you once more for your post on Trip Advisor!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

The hotel is certainly lovely. The pool was absolutely enchanting, the staff was friendly, the rooms were comfortable and well equipped. What did color our opinion was when we asks concierge for some advice on a late model vehicle and driver to take us to Phnon Phen. They said it would cost $650. We stepped outside and into a store front and got a top rate driver and a luxury late model vehicle for $250. Certainly we are not naive to think there are no commissions paid to the Hotel, but really this was beyond.
Also there is a service charge placed on all services which we were told a tiny fraction goes to the employees -the far majority goes to management
Also considering the room prices (one night more than 2-3 months wages) the charges in the hotel's living room restaurant ($7.00 for a medium bottom of weather) are exorbitant

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank inspiregoodBevHil

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read how much you liked the hotel and the facilities, pool “enchanting,” rooms “comfortable,” staff “friendly!” That said, I am sorry for the sour taste that was left in your mouth in relation to the car hire, which I can assure you I will follow up on. Then there is the matter of service charge which as our case is, we collect 7.5% on all sales. The latter of which is paid in its entirety to all local employees. So and that said I can assure you hand on heart, that none of this is held back for management. Alas you have been ill informed and while I do not know who told you this, I will ensure this is made very clear to all staff here in case they do think that what you have reported is indeed what we do. The water. While deemed expensive, we conducted extensive market research and our prices were much in line with other 5 star establishments here in Siem Reap.

Thank you again for your feedback and indeed for sharing the issues with us. Appreciated and greatly!!

I trust you are well!

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Location and architecture are superb. Stylish rooms/suites and exzellent food - best Seafood Amok we ever had! Compliments to the Chef de Cuisine! Staff is great - very friendly and helpful. We would again stay there - no doubt!

• Stayed: February 2014
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor!

It was pleasing to read how much you enjoyed the hotel, our location, design and indeed the Seafood Amok, which you have deemed to be the best you have ever had…. I would be inclined to agree with you but of course I am biased. I will ensure your positive comments are shared with our culinary team.

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.