“Diamond Member - answer to member "BizTravelFR"”

Ranked #42 of 338 Hotels in Siem Reap
Pfaeffikon, Switzerland
“Diamond Member - answer to member "BizTravelFR"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

As a Hyatt Diamond member who travels a lot (50-80 nights per year with Hyatt only) I was aware of the review of member "BiztravelFR" who wrote a review about totally incompetence and his honeymoon. As another Diamond Member I am taking the right to answer:

- I really felt welcome at every time / very friendly and helpful staff
- breakfast is of very good quality (maybe the variety could be better)
- WiFi is working most of the time (95%) and free for everyone
- Spa treatment was professional and good
- Dinner was exceptional (best pumpkin soup ever, great US and Australian beef tenderloin and very good wok-fried vegetables, best green pepper sauce ever, one of the best mustard sauces ever; the mushroom sauce failed)
- Le Labo bath amenities and lots of bottled water for free in room

It's more than special that there is just 1 out of 128 reviewers writing such a bad review than "BizTravelFR" did. In my opinion there is a possibility someone just tried to get benefits out of a bad review (i.e. Goldpassport points, free nights, etc.) or is just thinking about dozens of Champagne bottles because every vacation is a honeymoon.

Try this hotel! It's worth the money!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Switzerland007
ParkHyattSR, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Warm greetings!

On behalf of our General Manager and the whole Park Hyatt Siem Reap team, we would like to say thank you for the wonderful and honest review you have posted on TripAdvisor.

From your comments on the exceptional dinner to welcoming smiles, thank you!

We are truly happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Park Hyatt Siem Rap and once again, thank you for the positive and honest review.

P.S. I also am in love with the Pumpkin Soup!! :)

We wish you all the best in your future travels and please do come back and see us!

Daisy

Public Relations Manager

E: daisy.walsh@hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Staff greet you with a warm smile and cocktail. Rooms are comfortable and well designed. Great central location. The mattresses could be softer. The restaurant and bar provide a nice selection of local and western cuisine and drinks. Loved the seafood curry amok, fried chicken wings, and chicken thigh and pineapple curry. The restaurant was great for breakfast and dinner, and accommodated my dairy allergy. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Johnyu, thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on Trip Advisor! I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed the hotel and indeed the restaurant! Naturally I would have to agree with all that you said! In fact you highlighted one of our most popular Khmer dishes, the Seafood Amok!! Our Exec Sous Chef and his culinary team will be pleased!

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally assist you!

Warren
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Not of the standard of other Park Hyatt's around the world. Room was OK. Amenties were poor. Hotel is a but weird from a design standpoint. overall, should have stayed at the Raffles instead! the food was average as was the spa. The hotel could be kept cleaner

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Foodjunkie712
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. Naturally I was disappointed that you felt your experience to be mediocre. Noted though and will share with the team. Interesting re your comments about the design. Not received that kind of feedback before! We’ll share that with the much applauded and greatly awarded Bill Bensley, the architect!

I trust you went on to enjoy your travels in S.E. Asia!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I would easily classify my hotel stay at the Park Hyatt Siem Reap as the best of my life! From the warm greeting upon arrival (which included the GM, Sholto Smith) to the consistent follow-up from each and every associate I encountered; I was blown away at every opportunity and would highly recommend to anybody from all walks of life. What really blew me away was the care they displayed when my friend became ill. Any associate that I encountered knew of the situation, showed genuine care, and offered assitance shall we may need anything. This included an offer for complimentary transportation from the hospital. The property itself is gorgeous and fresh water pool one of the nicest I have seen! The food at the restaurants were delicious as well. My favorite being the Seafood Amok!! I also used the spa which was relaxing, rejuvenating, and beautiful. Every aspect of this hotel exceeded my expectations. They did an incredible job with the renovation. If traveling to Siem Reap, there is no better place to stay! The location being equally as great as the property itself. Well done!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank hatoumom
Thank you for posting such a super review on Trip Advisor! I was delighted to read all your positive comments and know the team will appreciate these as much as I do!! Exceeding the expectations of our guests is what we strive to do and indeed what drives us!! Delighted that you felt we did this where you and your friend were concerned… I do hope your friend is now better and that you enjoyed the rest of your travels throughout S.E. Asia! Let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after you.

Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

As soon as you arrive, you get a whiff of lemongrass that welcomes you, greeted personally by Guest Service then guided to The Library for check-in. You are given a cold towel to cool off while given a choice for a welcome drink. While having my glass of Rosé, the Guest Service agent, Vithay (hope I spelled it right) does the check-in process. In the meantime I am met by the Assistant Director of Rooms to personally great and welcome me. Very nice touch indeed. My whole stay was on that note.. very courteous, looking after your needs, friendly.. Also want to mention Lundy who served me for dinner and lunch who was very attentive. Definitely my preferred and only place to stay in Siem Reap. Thank you for the wonderful service. I hope to be back someday and this time with my hubby!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ToniaYVR
Dear ToniaYVR, Thank you for posting such a lovely post stay review on Trip Advisor!

Your feedback has been received well and I will ensure that we share it with both Vithay and Lundy and of course with our assistant director of rooms Bruno.

Do let me know when you plan to bring your husband here to stay! It would be a pleasure to personally assist you!

I trust you are well and thank you again for your feedback!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

A short 20 minute drive by tuk-tuk from the airport will take you to an oasis from the craziness of Siem Reap that surrounds the hotel. We received a warm welcome from the staff and were welcomed with drinks on arrival. Check in was simple and fast, and even though we arrived much earlier than the check in time our room was ready for us.

The room is modern, well appointed, spacious with a traditional Khmer flair. The mattress is very firm but comfortable. The bathroom was filled with every type of amenity that you would need. I loved the fact that there was a ceiling fan as well as an air conditioner in the room. There are two pools as well to enjoy after a long day at the temples. Wifi is also available throughout the hotel and is complimentary.

The hotel is located in the heart of Siem Reap, a 5 minute walk to pub street and market district. Service was impeccable and the employee who checked us in remembered our names and whenever he saw us throughout the hotel he would always greet us with a smile.

Room Tip: Best and cheapest way to travel to and from the airport is by tuk tuk and pay no more than $2US per...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for your glowing review on Trip Advisor! I think you have basically highlighted everything which differs us from our competitors and for this we are truly grateful!

I hope you managed to see all that Siem Reap has to offer… While of course the main attractions are the Temples, which let’s face it, are pretty impressive, are also many other things to do and our location for most of the latter, certainly puts us in easy reach for these.

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Nice, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

The rooms are not as big as I expected but we were comfortable with a bath and walk-in shower. The bathroom cleverly separated from the bedroom by two sliding wooden windows. There is a fridge, ideal for keeping the copious bottles of water cool, a Nespresso machine and kettle for tea. Lovely. Lots of toiletries, tissues, ironing board and a hairdryer. Very comfortable bed with a softer (well by Indochina standards) mattress. The staff are wonderful and try to do everything they can to make your stay an enjoyable one. They all, even room service and cleaning staff, speak good English.
On arrival you get taken to an air con lounge where you are presented a menu from which you choose your welcome drink. The two pools never seem overcrowded and are spotless. Plenty of towels and, a nice touch, cool water and a small skewer of chilled fruit is offered. We did not try the spa as it seemed pricy as did the breakfast. Not sure we would pay $33 as there was not a huge choice at the breakfast buffet. For this price I would expect sparkling wine, especially at breakfast finishes at 11am! The restaurant serves excellent food, but again, at a high cost.
Main gripe is that on the way to breakfast there is no ramp for a wheelchair to go down. My husband always had to get out, go down the steep step and then get back in the wheelchair. There is plenty room for a small ramp to be fitted. We watched a family also struggle with their son.
If you can afford to stay here you will have a wonderful time in Siem Reap.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for your post.

While I was delighted to read your mostly positive comments, I was of course sorry to read that you felt our breakfast and spa offerings were overpriced… We did extensive research prior to setting any of these and we feel we sit comfortably within the Siem Reap 5 star hotel market. Your comments about the ramp, or lack of, are also extremely valid and will be addressed with our engineer! We will make one to have at the ready.

If you do plan to return then please let me know so that I can personally assist you.