“Oasis in Siem Reap”

Ranked #50 of 373 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is a special hotel - friendly staff, fantastic location, spacious rooms, excellent spa and pool facilities and beautifully designed. Of course you can stay in much cheaper accommodation in Siem a Reap, but if you're looking for quality accommodation with all the trimmings you cannot go past the Park Hyatt. Starting with a complimentary welcome drink, the service throughout my stay was fantastic. The day bed in my room was perfect for an afternoon rest after sightseeing in the hot April weather. Just a few minutes walk from the infamous Pub Street and night markets - the central location makes it very convenient for exploring the city. Loved it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Angela S
ParkHyattSR, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Angela, thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on Trip Advisor! I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the welcome drinks and authentic Cambodian hospitality, as well as the spa and pool facilities!

We wish you all the best in your future travels and please do let me know should you return to Siem Reap, so that I may personally assist you!

E: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,420)

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Perfect location with beautiful and spacious rooms. My boyfriend and I got engaged while we were staying here and we will never forget this incredible trip. The staff were so friendly (always giving us huge smiles!) and the pool was divine - the best I have seen and a nice escape from the April heat. Buffet breakfast is $28 but worth it. This hotel is close to the temples and restaurants and I highly recommend for couples or families looking for a gorgeous hotel in this beautiful ancient city.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Brigee88
ParkHyattSR, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hello and warm greetings!

I first would like to say Congratulations on youre engagement!! We are always happy and proud to be a part of such memorable moments and are thrilled to hear that you Loved! the hotel.

I would have to agree that the warm smiles of our team and the pool are both a highlight of Park Hyatt Siem Reap experience!

Thank you for the wonderful review and all the best to you both on your new journey!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

These hotel is special. As soon as you get inside theres lemongrass smell in the atmosphere. I loved that the check in is done in a library! Great way to receive tired travelers. As soon as you sit down they offer you a house drink. You should try the ginger and mint tea. Since we were on our honeymoon, we were upgraded to a suite. And we had a bottle of champagne compliment of Sholto Smith the hotel general manager. They have to swimming pools one with salt water and the other on the top level with regular water. The spa is very nice. A lot of choices for massages. Deep tissue is widedly recommended after a full day of sightseeing. The restaurant is very good, we had breakfast everyday everything was perfect. and a los of choices also. Also the lunch and dinner menu were great. If you decide to have dinner at the hotel the coconut cupcakes are the best choice for desert. Love the hotel, love the decoration and the attention.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. Either choice you'll do fine.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alfredo F
ParkHyattSR, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Alfredo,

On behalf of the General Manager- Mr. Sholto Smith, I would like to say thank you for the excellent review on TripAdvisor!!

We are delighted to hear that the hotel experience exceeded youre expectations and that you enjoyed the Champagne and coconut cupcakes! :)

We hope you have a wonderful rest of your honeymoon and please do come back and see us!

Daisy

Daisy Walsh
Public Relations Manager

E: daisy.walsh@hyatt.com

Reviewed 17 April 2014

As a Hyatt Diamond member who travels a lot (50-80 nights per year with Hyatt only) I was aware of the review of member "BiztravelFR" who wrote a review about totally incompetence and his honeymoon. As another Diamond Member I am taking the right to answer:

- I really felt welcome at every time / very friendly and helpful staff
- breakfast is of very good quality (maybe the variety could be better)
- WiFi is working most of the time (95%) and free for everyone
- Spa treatment was professional and good
- Dinner was exceptional (best pumpkin soup ever, great US and Australian beef tenderloin and very good wok-fried vegetables, best green pepper sauce ever, one of the best mustard sauces ever; the mushroom sauce failed)
- Le Labo bath amenities and lots of bottled water for free in room

It's more than special that there is just 1 out of 128 reviewers writing such a bad review than "BizTravelFR" did. In my opinion there is a possibility someone just tried to get benefits out of a bad review (i.e. Goldpassport points, free nights, etc.) or is just thinking about dozens of Champagne bottles because every vacation is a honeymoon.

Try this hotel! It's worth the money!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Switzerland007

Warm greetings!

On behalf of our General Manager and the whole Park Hyatt Siem Reap team, we would like to say thank you for the wonderful and honest review you have posted on TripAdvisor.

From your comments on the exceptional dinner to welcoming smiles, thank you!

We are truly happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Park Hyatt Siem Rap and once again, thank you for the positive and honest review.

P.S. I also am in love with the Pumpkin Soup!! :)

We wish you all the best in your future travels and please do come back and see us!

Daisy

Public Relations Manager

E: daisy.walsh@hyatt.com

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Staff greet you with a warm smile and cocktail. Rooms are comfortable and well designed. Great central location. The mattresses could be softer. The restaurant and bar provide a nice selection of local and western cuisine and drinks. Loved the seafood curry amok, fried chicken wings, and chicken thigh and pineapple curry. The restaurant was great for breakfast and dinner, and accommodated my dairy allergy. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Johnyu, thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on Trip Advisor! I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed the hotel and indeed the restaurant! Naturally I would have to agree with all that you said! In fact you highlighted one of our most popular Khmer dishes, the Seafood Amok!! Our Exec Sous Chef and his culinary team will be pleased!

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally assist you!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Not of the standard of other Park Hyatt's around the world. Room was OK. Amenties were poor. Hotel is a but weird from a design standpoint. overall, should have stayed at the Raffles instead! the food was average as was the spa. The hotel could be kept cleaner

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Foodjunkie712
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. Naturally I was disappointed that you felt your experience to be mediocre. Noted though and will share with the team. Interesting re your comments about the design. Not received that kind of feedback before! We’ll share that with the much applauded and greatly awarded Bill Bensley, the architect!

I trust you went on to enjoy your travels in S.E. Asia!

Sholto Smith (Mr)

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I would easily classify my hotel stay at the Park Hyatt Siem Reap as the best of my life! From the warm greeting upon arrival (which included the GM, Sholto Smith) to the consistent follow-up from each and every associate I encountered; I was blown away at every opportunity and would highly recommend to anybody from all walks of life. What really blew me away was the care they displayed when my friend became ill. Any associate that I encountered knew of the situation, showed genuine care, and offered assitance shall we may need anything. This included an offer for complimentary transportation from the hospital. The property itself is gorgeous and fresh water pool one of the nicest I have seen! The food at the restaurants were delicious as well. My favorite being the Seafood Amok!! I also used the spa which was relaxing, rejuvenating, and beautiful. Every aspect of this hotel exceeded my expectations. They did an incredible job with the renovation. If traveling to Siem Reap, there is no better place to stay! The location being equally as great as the property itself. Well done!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank hatoumom

Thank you for posting such a super review on Trip Advisor! I was delighted to read all your positive comments and know the team will appreciate these as much as I do!! Exceeding the expectations of our guests is what we strive to do and indeed what drives us!! Delighted that you felt we did this where you and your friend were concerned… I do hope your friend is now better and that you enjoyed the rest of your travels throughout S.E. Asia! Let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after you.