“Pleasant oasis surrounded by the chaos of Siem Reap”

Ranked #49 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed here for three nights on a recent trip to visit the temples. The hotel is quite nice and the staff are very pleasant and accommodating. My room was actually quite large and nicely furnished and generally quiet since it faced the courtyard area rather than the street. Had breakfast in the restaurant and also in the coffee shop and the food was quite good. The coffee shop is less expensive and a nice place to sit and have some breakfast, lunch or just a snack. The library bar is also quite comfortable. There are two pools which are also pleasant. The hotel's location is right along one of the main streets in Siem Reap and near various shopping and restaurants. It is an easy walk to almost anything if you can manage to dodge all the crazy motorbikes going every which way. If I come back to this area I will stay here again -- just note that like most Hyatt properties it is not inexpensive. Even so it is a reasonable value for the money.

Room Tip: Get one facing the courtyard -- it is quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear chicagotraveler0,

Thank you for taking the time to write a post stay review on Trip Advisor! I was delighted to read your positive comments about your stay here with us! It seems you were able to sample many of the hotel’s facilities and with positive outcome! We certainly enjoy our location which as you said is in the middle of all the chaos! It certainly creates that of a “real feel” and then, as you recommended, the rooms with inner views, then create that of a calming feeling!

I hope that you will return again soon and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can personally assist you with your accommodation needs.

I trust you are well and thank you again for your positive comments!

There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Siem Reap

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We've been to this hotel 3 times when it was the Hotel de la Paix. Then it was our favourite hotel in the world.
We'll will be back at the end of July, the recent reviews are very positive, we can't wait!
D and L

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chimaerad
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear chimaerad,

Greetings from Siem Reap!!

Thank you for your positive words on Trip Advisor! We also look forward to your returning to the now, Park Hyatt Siem Reap!!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We found this to be a really lovely hotel in a kind of updated Colonial/Art Deco inspired style. Room was clean, cool and very stylishly decorated. Staff could not do enough to help us and always smiling.

Breakfast is not a choose for yourself buffet, but there is a large choice to choose from the menu and this for us was a bonus - everything is fresh to order and not left out as often the case with many hotel buffets. Essentially breakfast IS a buffet but you just tell the staff what you want from the menu. A decent cup of tea is always my test and here the tea was wonderful and the staff happily brought me a fresh pot every time I asked (which for me is every few minutes!)

Outdoor area by pool and restaurant were lovely too

Room Tip: We had a city view room - might be worth noting that the city is not that much of a view (cue Fawlty...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan F
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Jonathan F,

Very warm greetings to you from Park Hyatt Siem Reap!! Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor! “Lovely Hotel!” We appreciate the title alone and then to go on to read your favourable review about each and every aspect of your stay here with us, was extremely pleasing! I was thrilled also to read your positive comments about breakfast! The experience you received is a new initiative and one that has been well received, We feel that being able to make everything fresh to order and not leaving it all out makes the experience all the more personal and, if I can use the term, all the more 5 star! Great too that you enjoyed your tea!! Yes, nothing quite like a good cup of the latter!

Thank you again and please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally assist you with your accommodation requirements!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have just checked out of this hotel after a wonderful 6 night stay. It was the perfect place to come back to after visiting the tourist sites. It is located very centrally so visiting local restaurants and markets is easy. There are always tuk tuks at the door if you don't feel like walking. The hotel has a cafe attached with great coffee. We ate at the restaurant 3 times and the food was delicious. It was a wonderful place to relax. The staff were all so lovely and accommodating . We wanted for nothing . Unfortunately I have one criticism and that is that the hotel allows smoking .

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank cookingAust

Dear cookingAust,

Greetings from Siem Reap!! I was delighted to read your positive review, “An oasis in Siem Reap,” on Trip Advisor and how much you enjoyed your time here in the hotel and in Siem Reap. Your comment is noted about the smoking! I was all for total non-smoking but alas it became a somewhat contentious matter and with that we have all rooms nonsmoking with only some designated outdoor being allowed to smoke in. I will revisit these based on your comments just to ensure that we are sticking to what was originally decided.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally assist you with your accommodation requirements!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Absolutely perfect 5 stars hotel.It is the place to be after a hot and humid day visiting the temples(definetly wonders).
This is an oasis in downtown Siem Reap.Steps away from street markets and restaurants.Every corner is taken care of.Huge swimmind pool and staff highly competent.The also have a small pool with salty water.
The hotel restaurant caters as one of the in town.
We had a wonderful experience,which made our stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed: May 2014
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Speriadvisor,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap and thank you for your post on Trip Advisor titled “If you can afford it, go there.”

Your all in all positive comments were very well received and I was delighted that you enjoyed your time spent here in the hotel. From your account it was good to read that you were able to enjoy, not only the temples (yes they are spectacular) but also some of the hotel's facilities - pools, restaurants etc. Delighted that you enjoyed those as equally as you did the other sites here in town, temples included!

Do let me know when you both plan on returning so that I can personally look after your requirements!

I trust you are well.

e- sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just back from a great stay at Park Hyatt in Siem Reap in mid May 2014 - can really recommend it. Stayed with family. Being a Hyatt Diamond member I was fortunate enough to get upgrade to a Suite.

Pros:
- Great staff
- Nice boutique feel to hotel, although it belongs to Hyatt
- Good food (had breakfast all 3 days, and also one lunch by poolside)
- Responsive mgmt
- Nice facilities, such as the Library area
- Good pool areas. Although not as large as other hotels,, there never was more than 4-6 people there as most - including us - are exploring Siem Reap and nearby temples.
- WiFi worked well

For improvement:
- Not much I can think of.
- Slight noise from street if you are an early - and light sleeper. We did not have any problems though.
- Seen some comments below about 'dirty' pool, but we did not find any issue with this. Pools were nice. Obviously there is a few leaves or flowers falling down during the day, but that's expected in the tropics.

Tips for visit :
- We arranged Tuk Tuk just outside of hotel for about 13-16 USD for half day. Mr Pisith, tuk tuk 14.
- Sunrise at Angkor Wat is really worth it, But be there 30 min before sunrise for best experience.
- Do not only go for Angkor Wat during your stay, but also visit the lesser known temples.
- Was recommended the restuarant "Chanfrey Tree" by Hyatt staff; 5-10 min walk from hotel and excellent Khmer food!
- Do not bother with the Floating market.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 1001_Traveller
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you so much for your review “Great Stay - recommended” on Trip Advisor.

It was pleasing to read your positive comments and I was thrilled that you had a long list of ‘Pros’ and basically a nonexistent list of ‘for improvement!’ Again, this was indeed most pleasing!!

Great tips on what to do in Siem Reap too!

Please do let me know if you plan on returning so that I can ensure you are well received and looked after again!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

If I ever go back to Siem Reap I will most definitely stay again at the Park Hyatt. The hotel is newly refurbished, a beautiful city hotel in an old and beautifully renovated building. The inside furnishing is very classy and cosy, great interior design and seems like a nice quiet oasis to return to after walking around in the town.
The location of this hotel is unbeatable. The city center with the markets is in walking distance and after a nice dinner it is great to stroll around and get back to the hotel walking.
Both swimming pools of the hotels are wonderfully set in the hotel and are an oasis in itself. The service is good, the rooms spacious enough and comfortable. We had our rooms towards the street, but we were not bothered by the noise.
All in all a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Katamete,

Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for the great review you posted in relation to your stay here in Siem Reap!! Wonderful to read how much you enjoyed yourselves while here and thank you for singing our praises! I do hope that you will return and when you do that you will contact me directly so that I can personally assist you.

I trust you are well and thank you again for the great feedback.