“Sensational ”

Ranked #44 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We had the time of out life at Siem Reap and the Hyatt was the perfect base for it. It's close to everything but just far away from pub street to enjoy the quiet. The staff can not do enough for you and you feel it is a real 5 star hotel. Your room serviced twice a day and the food is devine. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank DAM79
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear DAM79,

Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for taking the time to write such a “sensational” review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay here with us and with so many aspects in mind! The hotel in itself, the location etc being all good! Thank you also or your positive comments about the team! Naturally I have to agree with you! All great!!

I trust you are well and do let me know if I can be of assistance to you for when you plan to return!!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is my first time to stay in a Park Hyatt, Among all the five stars hotels I've stayed in big cities, I'd say I had expected more than the hotel indeed is. Though the decorations, vibes, food, room, spa, and swimming pool are all good, but the soundproof materials may have room to improve. There's an event held during one night of my stay, and the noise was kind of too loud to let me rest. Besides, the housekeeper forgot to resupply its shower gel during my first night even though I had left my room tips in the morning. Hopefully they will have more robust employee training to make the hotel meet a five star hotel standard.

1  Thank Stacey S
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Stacey S,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap!

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your candid comments and will most certainly ensure that these are shared with the team! It is after all feedback that enables us to improve on what we do on a daily basis and indeed assists us with our main goal which is to exceed the expectations of our guests!

I trust you are well and please let me know when you plan to return to Siem Reap so that I can personally assist you with your requirements.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This place had me under a spell after entering the check in room/hall .. We arrived in the evening, so the whole place was covered with soft light from candles all around. Big massive dark wood shelves from ground to ceilings ... orchids everywhere. And I loved my room, I should say my bathroom actually :D as it was the same size as my bedroom if not bigger. It had two sinks, huge bath, shower that fits 4 people and a walk in closet. Everything is high tech... One of the best breakfast I've had in hotels overall and such a great spa.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChrissyFontes
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear ChrissyFontes,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a splendid review on Trip Advisor! A great heading you gave it too “I’m under a spell!” Pleased of course that it was a good one and that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Noted too, re breakfast, spa and also the delight you had with that of our bathroom… Naturally, we also feel the same way so, your further spreading the word is appreciated!

I trust you are well and do let me know if you plan to Return to Siem Reap so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Formerly known as Hotel de la Paix, the Park Hyatt Siem Reap has been redesigned and transformed into an understated, yet elegant, hotel in the middle of Siem Reap city center. The moment we walked into the hotel... it is like someone just put noise-cancelling headphones on us. A pleasant surprise, indeed!

We had a wonderful 4-night stay in their 2-bedroom pool suite, which is the new section of the hotel. It is highly recommended for those who have an extended family as the entire area is almost 2,000 sf large. Kids can have their own world and pace without interrupting other guests in the public pools. Room decoration and functionalities have the same quality as other Park Hyatt flagship properties.

Upon arrival, we were escorted to the Living Room, which is a very cozy and private common area to check-in and were offered delicious welcome drinks.

For breakfast, I like the idea of ordering la carte items from the menu despite the fact that it is a buffet. This approach eliminates clusters around the restaurant and makes the dining experience much more peaceful in the morning. Breakfast quality is superb and has some local selections. Bread assortments are to die for and are right from the oven of The Glass House, one of the hotel eateries. Best pastries and ice cream in town can be found here.

Smiles were everywhere throughout our stay and staffs genuinely care about serving us. We feel that their staffs think that guest service is not their duty to do so, but it is their career and own pride.

It is very difficult to fault anything on this property, but one minor room for improvement would be English communication of guest-facing staffs. I understand from the GM that there are some on-going English lessons for hotel staffs so I am sure that this issue will be gone soon.

We will definitely return to this wonderful property again and highly recommend it to anyone when visiting the Angkor!

Room Tip: 2-bedroom pool suites is a perfect way of stay for extended family.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Napawan,

Thanks for your great review on Trip Advisor!! Please feel free to give us “Six Stars!” We accept and with pleasure!!

I appreciated your review / account of your stay here with us and was delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed your 4 nights in Siem Reap, AKA, Temple Town! Your detailed comments about the two bedroom pool suite that you stayed in were also appreciated as they certainly paint that of a vivid picture of the room and indeed, its inclusions! Naturally, I agree with you and hope that others will too!

I appreciate your raising the communication matter and yes, we will continue with the daily lessons!

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I hope that you and your family are well and enjoying the rest of your travels! May they all be safe and happy ones!!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The service was impeccable ,the rooms are great and comfortable and the restaurant was delicious it was the best meal that we had in our stay in Siem Reap. Definitely recommend staying there, the location is great as its so central to everything. They organise your tour to the Angkor temples with a guide and driver which includes cold waters and towels at in inexpensive price.

Dear A-G-Robinson,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on Trip Advisor! It was great to read how highly you rated your stay here with us! Seems that we exceeded your expectations on each level, from service to our food and beverage options, to our location and so on! I do hope that you will perhaps return again soon and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements!

I trust you are well and thank you again for your post stay review.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay from start to finish. The rooms were spacious and clean. The service was excellent and the staff seemed genuinely interested in making sure we were happy. We loved the pool area and spa. The restaurant options were perfect for our stay. We had some of the best eggs benedict anywhere for breakfast. Great location near Angor Wat and the Night Market. I would highly recommend to anyone considering visiting Siam Reap.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear leotraveler,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap!!

Thank you so much for posting such a glowing review about your stay with us on Trip Advisor!! It would appear you enjoyed all that we had to offer, including that of our excellent location! Naturally I/we agree with you!! Great too re your feedback on the Eggs Benedict and their being some of the best you have ever eaten anywhere else!! Will definitely share that with our Exec Sous Chef and his culinary brigade.

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation request.

I trust you are well.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The living room was swanky! The staff demonstrated top notch service standards across all sections and levels. We were also fortunate to have met Mr Sholto-the GM, Bruno & Ben who attended to all our needs with utmost grace and sincerity! The 2 bedder plunge pool suite was breathtaking! Thank you! The made to order breakfast buffet was generous and much preferred since it's "fresh from the oven" befitting of a 5 star property! Compliments to the Chef for the most sumptuous in room dining spread we ever had to the extent that we simply dine in on most days. Kid's menu was great too! The seafood amok, iced khmer coffee & lemon tart from the glasshouse are not to be missed while you're there- not forgetting the home made sorbets & ice creams. Special mention to Bunnat who was considerate and kind with our queries, Ratha & the front door staff/ reception who would amuse our 4 year old without fail, Sokh Thea & Sokun for the morning smiles & Chen for the impeccable housekeeping, Krishna & all of you - who made our 8 days stay very special. This elegant home is highly recommended! No need to look any further.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear SNS29,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I was lost for words which is something that I am generally not! We so enjoyed having you and your family as guests in the hotel and are delighted that you all enjoyed your stay here with us. Naturally I agree with your sentiments about the two bedroom pool suite! Great that you did too! It is an everyday mission of ours to exceed the expectations of our guests, so your heading your feedback as “Exceeded all expectations” was like music to my ears!! I can assure you that all that we will share your feedback with all, especially, those you mentioned by name.

I trust all is well in Singapore and we hope that you will all return to see us again soon! Always welcome!!