“Best in Siem Reap”

Ranked #44 of 340 Hotels in Siem Reap
Bangkok, Thailand
“Best in Siem Reap”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The combination of a stylish property, convenient location and superb service make this the best hotel in Siem Reap. My regular long-weekend in Siem Reap every year has involved trying most of the well-reviewed hotels (excluding the Aman, which is simply bad value). The Raffles Grand and La Residence (in 2013, just before 'Belmond' was added to its name) stand out, as both are good in their own very different ways, and La Residence's standard rooms are noticeably bigger. But the Park Hyatt is the one to return to. The design really is special; no sense of it being just another Hyatt. Where Hyatt's influence does show is in the management. It all works flawlessly and the staff are superb. Genuinely impressed a jaded cynic like me with their knack for doing something extra and unexpected just when it was needed. I am probably doing myself no favours by praising a property whose low-season occupancy means it offers bargain rates in the 'low season' - I always visit in late June or July, when it's less crowded but neither too hot for temple-treking nor flooded - but giving credit where it's due necessitates complimenting the GM on doing an excellent job.

Room Tip: a "View" room overlooking the pool towards the back will avoid the noise of traffic at the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
ParkHyattSR, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Andy,

Thank you for this wonderful review on TripAdvisor!!!

I was thrilled to read of your positive experience here with us and agree that our award winning design and staff make all the difference!

I agree, that low season, although hot is still a fantastic opportunity to explore the temples and Siem Reap. We are very happy to hear that you visit yearly and please do let me know when your next trip will be as I look forward to assisting you personally!

I trust you are well!

E: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Mexico
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have stayed at Park Hyatts in other cities and have loved them but this experience in Siem Reap was not a 5 star experience by any means. Although very stylish looking, my room was small and it was definitely form over function. Bathroom looked great, but difficult to place things on counter with oversized wash basins and odd small shelves in the middle. The place was pretty empty when we were there and we felt nicked and dimed. They charge for every little thing. The bar downstairs called the Living Room was very hip looking but they poured about two thimbles full of wine per glass (really stingy) so we finally went elsewhere for cocktails during our stay. They should just charge a few dollars more for the wine and serve a proper amount. And when you eat at the overpriced restaurant you need to pay $5 (which in Cambodia is a lot of money) just to get a glass of water. The place was pretty empty when we were there...I think others are staying at better valued hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank will505
Dear Will505,

Thank you for your review and comments on TripAdvisor.

I was happy to hear that you found the overall design of the property appealing and that you did enjoy your time here in Siem Reap.

I have noted your comments on the wine serving portions at the Living Room and also the pricing for water at our signature Dining Room. The water. While may be deemed expensive, we conducted extensive market research and our prices were much in line with other 5 star establishments here in Siem Reap.

That being said, we always strive to meet our guests expectations and your feedback is of value to us.

Thank you again for sharing the issues with us and I do hope, should you find yourself in the region again that you will come back and see us so that I may personally assist you.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was a last minute side trip from Vietnam to see the Angkor temples. I had not been to Siem Reap before and did not know what to expect. The hotel was just beautiful. The staff are so friendly and every meal we had was yum! Great pool area and the ladies in The Spa do amazing massages. Just a 10 minute walk to Pub Street and Old Markets. So easy to work out where to go.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Massie1412,

Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for your post on Trip Advisor! I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay here with us and that your side trip to Siem Reap was made all the more pleasurable given you stayed here with us!

Noted also your positive comments about the ladies in our spa and I will ensure these are shared with them!

I trust you are well and do let me know if you plan to return to Siem Reap so that I can personally assist you.

brisbane
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We had the time of out life at Siem Reap and the Hyatt was the perfect base for it. It's close to everything but just far away from pub street to enjoy the quiet. The staff can not do enough for you and you feel it is a real 5 star hotel. Your room serviced twice a day and the food is devine. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank DAM79
Dear DAM79,

Greetings from Siem Reap and thank you for taking the time to write such a “sensational” review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay here with us and with so many aspects in mind! The hotel in itself, the location etc being all good! Thank you also or your positive comments about the team! Naturally I have to agree with you! All great!!

I trust you are well and do let me know if I can be of assistance to you for when you plan to return!!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is my first time to stay in a Park Hyatt, Among all the five stars hotels I've stayed in big cities, I'd say I had expected more than the hotel indeed is. Though the decorations, vibes, food, room, spa, and swimming pool are all good, but the soundproof materials may have room to improve. There's an event held during one night of my stay, and the noise was kind of too loud to let me rest. Besides, the housekeeper forgot to resupply its shower gel during my first night even though I had left my room tips in the morning. Hopefully they will have more robust employee training to make the hotel meet a five star hotel standard.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stacey S
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Stacey S,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap!

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your candid comments and will most certainly ensure that these are shared with the team! It is after all feedback that enables us to improve on what we do on a daily basis and indeed assists us with our main goal which is to exceed the expectations of our guests!

I trust you are well and please let me know when you plan to return to Siem Reap so that I can personally assist you with your requirements.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This place had me under a spell after entering the check in room/hall .. We arrived in the evening, so the whole place was covered with soft light from candles all around. Big massive dark wood shelves from ground to ceilings ... orchids everywhere. And I loved my room, I should say my bathroom actually :D as it was the same size as my bedroom if not bigger. It had two sinks, huge bath, shower that fits 4 people and a walk in closet. Everything is high tech... One of the best breakfast I've had in hotels overall and such a great spa.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ChrissyFontes
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear ChrissyFontes,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Siem Reap!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a splendid review on Trip Advisor! A great heading you gave it too “I’m under a spell!” Pleased of course that it was a good one and that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Noted too, re breakfast, spa and also the delight you had with that of our bathroom… Naturally, we also feel the same way so, your further spreading the word is appreciated!

I trust you are well and do let me know if you plan to Return to Siem Reap so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements!

Denver, CO
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Formerly known as Hotel de la Paix, the Park Hyatt Siem Reap has been redesigned and transformed into an understated, yet elegant, hotel in the middle of Siem Reap city center. The moment we walked into the hotel... it is like someone just put noise-cancelling headphones on us. A pleasant surprise, indeed!

We had a wonderful 4-night stay in their 2-bedroom pool suite, which is the new section of the hotel. It is highly recommended for those who have an extended family as the entire area is almost 2,000 sf large. Kids can have their own world and pace without interrupting other guests in the public pools. Room decoration and functionalities have the same quality as other Park Hyatt flagship properties.

Upon arrival, we were escorted to the Living Room, which is a very cozy and private common area to check-in and were offered delicious welcome drinks.

For breakfast, I like the idea of ordering la carte items from the menu despite the fact that it is a buffet. This approach eliminates clusters around the restaurant and makes the dining experience much more peaceful in the morning. Breakfast quality is superb and has some local selections. Bread assortments are to die for and are right from the oven of The Glass House, one of the hotel eateries. Best pastries and ice cream in town can be found here.

Smiles were everywhere throughout our stay and staffs genuinely care about serving us. We feel that their staffs think that guest service is not their duty to do so, but it is their career and own pride.

It is very difficult to fault anything on this property, but one minor room for improvement would be English communication of guest-facing staffs. I understand from the GM that there are some on-going English lessons for hotel staffs so I am sure that this issue will be gone soon.

We will definitely return to this wonderful property again and highly recommend it to anyone when visiting the Angkor!

Room Tip: 2-bedroom pool suites is a perfect way of stay for extended family.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Siem Reap, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Napawan,

Thanks for your great review on Trip Advisor!! Please feel free to give us “Six Stars!” We accept and with pleasure!!

I appreciated your review / account of your stay here with us and was delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed your 4 nights in Siem Reap, AKA, Temple Town! Your detailed comments about the two bedroom pool suite that you stayed in were also appreciated as they certainly paint that of a vivid picture of the room and indeed, its inclusions! Naturally, I agree with you and hope that others will too!

I appreciate your raising the communication matter and yes, we will continue with the daily lessons!

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I hope that you and your family are well and enjoying the rest of your travels! May they all be safe and happy ones!!