“Very friendly staff, they all go the extra mile to make your stay feel very welcome.”

Empress Angkor Resort & Spa
Ranked #141 of 373 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 2 December 2012

All the staff are always smiling and are very happy to go out of their way to help you, I would like to say the bar staff do a top notch job and are willing to share the Cambodian history with you. If i needed anything at all anyone of the staff would organise what I needed.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 December 2012

For 60 bucks a night this is a great option in Siem Reap. There are so many places to choose from, so I would not claim it is the best value in town, but the room is clean and pretty well equipped, there is a pool and the staff are very helpful. Breakfast is fine and there is free WiFI.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I personally found this hotel was starting to look a bit dated, especially in comparison with some of the nicer newer hotels nearby. They advertise themselves as a 4 star, but like my title says, I'd probably classify it as an upper 3 star, to a lower-mid range 4 star hotel.

There is nothing to do within walking distance of this hotel. You can hire a tuktuk to get you to the Old Market for about $7 USD (round trip for 3 people), which takes about 10 minutes to get there. (3km walking, according to the concierge, which I definitely would not recommend in the heat). There are some overpriced massage spas about a 5 min drive away, but there are some grocery stores within a short drive away that you can get cheap snacks and drinks. (the cheapest place I have seen Fanta, at 40 cents a can)

The hotel showcases a lot of wood. In their brochure, they state the wood makes it more warm and welcoming, which I can kind of understand. I personally prefer a more modern look. The hotel offers a small pool (which looks pretty nice and well maintained) and a gym. I am a big gym goer, so I went to go check it out and was very disappointed. The equipment is terribly outdated, and when the gym isn't in use, staff sit there in the dark texting on their phones. There are also a couple of bars/lounges, and a restaurant. Most visitors there will most likely be having their buffet breakfast in the main restaurant. A word of advice: get there early, if you go close to the 930am closing time, selection is very limited, or if you go after the wake up call for most of the tour groups, it'll be hard to find a table. The variety of food was mediocre, nothing really stood out as fantastic. I had cereal on my first day there; the milk was not cold. Not sure if this is normal way of serving milk in Cambodia or not, but I did not find it very appealing, and didn't want to risk any stomach troubles on my trip. Check out the coconut milk pudding in the pastry area. I discovered this on my last day there, and loved it! Staff are pretty friendly and helpful. Housekeeping did a great job.

Rooms are air-conditioned. There is a water kettle and a mini fridge. Load of channels to choose from ranging from Japanese to CNN. I was lucky to have a balcony with my room, which overlooked onto the pool area. Bed was pretty comfortable, pillows were too soft.

Bonus points for free wi-fi! (although signal is very spotty)

You can send your postcard from the front desk for $1 USD to anywhere in the world.

Toiletries available: shampoo, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, comb.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I think the hotel is preety awesome...The rooms are clean and bathrooms was okay...Despite the fact that the location is kind off far from town,but its quiet which what i actually wanted...The breakfast was okay ( buffet style) but they serve the same variety of food everyday which I was bored of eating...The staff are friendly but just that some of them do not understand english so communication was a slight problem here...This hotel is to be credited for the main lobby where its full of wood carvings which gives a traditional feel plus at night they will be traditional music played using a traditional instrument and the entrance to the hotel is way beyond my expactations...very very traditional...A must stay hotel in Siem Reap....

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the swimming pool...Its much quiter and triple sharing rooms comes with a balcon...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We had the privilege to stay at Empress Angkor Hotel from 01-Nov-05 Nov. The hotel was beautiful with a wooden staircase and floors. The pool was enjoyable in the afternoons after a HOT day touring the temples. The property was very clean. The air conditioner took a while to cool down. We contacted maintenance and after promptly coming to our room they reassured us that it would cool down shortly, and it did. It had all of the amenities to make us comfortable during our stay. Breakfast , which was included, exceeded our expectations. It was delicious with several choices.

What stood out the most at the hotel was the great service received from the employees. They were always ready to answer our questions, call a tuk tuk or assist us in some way with a smile. Our first night, we decided to have a light dinner and drinks in the lounge. Channa was our server and he provided us with EXCELLENT service. It was because of him, that we choose to stop into the lounge for drinks every night. We enjoyed talking with him about Cambodia, Angkor Wat, The King. He taught us a great deal!

It was a ways away from pub street ( which I prefer) but just a few dollars by tuk tuk. Close to the airport which was convenient. Empress Angkor comes with my highest recommendation. This was our first trip to Siem Reap but will not be our last!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2012

If you like wood, you'll love this hotel....clearly one can see that Cambodia still has a lot of wood. In this hotel everything is in wood in the room, floor, some parts in bathroom....all.
It's a very nice hotel with very good service and great brekafast. Stayed there 2 nights and would definitely recommend it. Staff also very friendly

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laurent D
Reviewed 22 August 2012

lovely..... Only had one night sadly so we could be near to the airport. So we didnt get to make the most of all it has to offer, Did look though. Huge bed choice of soft or firm pillows.Great hot water toiletries, white towels kettle and hairdryer, Lovely room. The hotel is all polished wood and opulent furniture, stunning. A gift shop , bar, gym, pool, gardens, spa breakfast great choice. Lovely helpful staff in that charming Cambodian way. Looked after luggage after we checked out. Out of the centre but would be 5 mins in a tuk tuk

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple