“One of our best vacations ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sokha Angkor Resort

Sokha Angkor Resort
Ranked #64 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
Seoul, South Korea
“One of our best vacations ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

We had an incredible 5 day visit to Siem Reap. The Sokha Angkor Resort was icing on the cake with its luxurious feel throughout the hotel. The staff (especially Sey Sophanna) and management team was first rate that truly made us feel like VIPs. The breakfast was very international and catered to most Asian and Western styles. The pool and garden area was absolutely beautiful and it was the perfect place to unwind after a day of visiting temples and ruins. We highly recommend this hotel, it is the prefect size to enable great personal service.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the garden and pool provide nice balconies.
2 Thank Jim S
VannakHang, Room Division Manager at Sokha Angkor Resort, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Jim S,

I am so pleased that you feel that the hotel is worth the exceptionally high rating that it has on the site and thank you for taking the time to post a review for us also. It is by such lovely reviews that we maintain our high ranking and it also motivates us to work even harder to stay at the top.

I am delighted that you liked all aspects of your stay from the hotel itself to the staff, location and it is rewarding to hear that you are planning to return again.

We look forward to welcoming you back and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

SOKHA ANGKOR RESORT | An affiliate of WORLDHOTELS Deluxe Collection

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Lovely hotel, great rooms, huge bed, nice garden, good location.... Poor housekeeping. Parquet flooring which could look spectacular, but instead it looks as it could do with a good polish. Bathroom is good size and again it could look great but for lack of cleaning. The bath tub is stained, wall tiles need a good scrub. To make it quite clear...it is not terrible it just is not good enough. If one looks at the corridors, you can see where the housekeepers stopped their trolleys, in front of virtually every door there us a stain, probably caused by housekeepers dumping a half empty can of coke into a plastic bag that subsequently leaked. Terrible shame. The staff perhaps need some intensive training and most definitely motivation. Having said that everyone is pleasant and very friendly and really made welcome. So to sum up good but could be much better.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lovetotraveldubai
VannakHang, Room Division Manager at Sokha Angkor Resort, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Lovetotraveldubai,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. While it is heartening to hear that you liked the hotel, obviously I am terribly disappointed that your overall experience was not what the vast majority of our guests normally enjoy so much at Sokha.

We read with concern that you experienced average to poor housekeeping service during your stay with us, and we take this feedback very seriously as we pride ourselves in delivering a consistently high level of service and quality products and this is not a usual reflection of our standard.

On behalf of the entire team, I do apologise that your room is lack of cleaning, which is certainly unusual as all room are thoroughly cleaned and checked prior to guests’ arrival. The hand-made bathtub including toilets has a regular maintenance schedule which includes thorough cleaning daily. We have taken note of your feedback and shared with the relevant department for improvements.

Thank you however for your feedback which we do take on board and we hope that the legendary service and quality were at least exceptional and to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sokha Angkor again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Lovely pool area--both in the day and the night. Salt water swimming. Amazing and grand architecture. Great breakfast. Great location. Rooms are very nice. Beds are comfy. Staff is very friendly and helpful. They were able to book me an English speaking guide on short notice named Varry who was wonderful and showed me around Angkor Wat for 2 days. I loved the town of Siem Reap! It's chaotic and fun. Pub street and the night markets are a blast! This hotel is a 10 minutes tuk tuk ride away from Pub street and away from the noise which was great. And there is NO shortage of tuk tuks.

Room Tip: Roomas facing the pool have a lovely view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Liz K
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and we loved our stay, everything was good, the staff were polite and friendly, the hotel lobby was luxury and immaculate with spectacular statues and the room was quite spacious I stayed at a deluxe room and everything was inside, the pool was amazing and the sauna and jacuzzi facilities was provided as well, the hotel has a big gym that I didn't use it but it had different equipments, the garden was stunning and I love the hotel at night because if the light, the le choute restaurant was not bad if u do not want to have ur meal outside, the breakfast choices was good however the meal doesn't have taste! the hotel do not provide any free shuttle service and also the internet connection is so slow, totally it is a good hotel that need to improve some service if it want to be excellent

• Stayed January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VannakHang, Room Division Manager at Sokha Angkor Resort, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Arash I,

Thank you for choosing Sokha Angkor and for posting such a wonderful review following your recent stay.

We were especially glad to hear that you found the team to be exceptionally friendly, polite and that the service was tremendous. Every single member of staff at Sokha really prides themselves on making sure that each and every guest feels welcome, at home and relaxed, from the moment they arrive.

Thank you for your recommendation and I do hope we see you back at Sokha Angkor again very soon.

dhaka
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

The first impression was not the best: I had emailed the hotel asking for an airport pick up and they replied after few days. My flight was late so after I went through immigration and collected my luggage I was hoping to get soon to the hotel, but there was no car for me. I called the hotel and I was kept waiting: they had not sent the car and they suggested to wait as they could have sent one soon. I told them that it was no point and that I could get a taxi from the airport that would have been faster.
Once I reached the hotel I was told that my flight was late so the driver had left, but I could hardly believe it: in the reception area there was a screen with the updated arrival flights of the airport...
The check in was smooth and the receptionist apologized for the "misunderstanding" of the airport pick up. I was given the room I had booked and it was spacious, clean and comfortable.
The buffet dinner was very good with a huge choice of continental and local food.
The tour desk is very efficient and I was printed the pass for the Angkor temples area on the spot, the price charged on my room.
Before leaving for my first day visits I told the reception that during the day a friend of mine would reach me and she'd stay with me in my room. I gave them her details and I left. When she showed up few hours later nobody seemed to be aware of her arrival and she had to call me to be sure that I had let them know about her arrival...
The staying went on without too big problems (apart from the incredibly expensive room service water: about 8 dollars for a bottle of Evian), till the moment to get back to the airport.
I had checked out at 2 (I was not accorded a late check out, though I had asked for it, but I could drop my luggage at the concierge) and when I asked for a taxi for the airport the concierge did not accept my cash payment as he said that the banknote I was giving him was not brand new. I thought he was joking as the very same banknote was given to me during my stay in town, as I did not have US dollars when I had arrived. I wasted at least a quarter of an hour to pay with my credit card, as I had already checked out and theyv had to reinsert all the details in the system in order to accept my payment.
So if you wanna stay at this nice hotel, do not ask for airport pick up and do not accept banknotres if they are not brand new and in mint condition: they might be refused...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
VannakHang, Room Division Manager at Sokha Angkor Resort, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear max4u,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Sokha Angkor Resort.

Whilst I am pleased to learn that you found the bed to be comfortable and appreciated the buffet dinner varieties as well as the tour desk service, we are very disappointed to read that the rest of your experience was a disappointment and in this instance we failed to exceed your expectations.

Please accept our apologies for this failure. Service is a top priority for us and it is only through feedback such as yours are we able to continuously upgrade our service touch points. Your review has been forwarded to our Front Office Manager, who would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith.

We always appreciate candid feedback as an opportunity to improve our offer and services, thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we do hope despite this that we may have the opportunity to welcome you once again to Sokha Angkor Resort in Siem Reap.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Excellent hospitality with friendly and helpful staff. Perfect location. Clean and tidy.
It was our anniversary and we were upgraded to a suite with nice rose petals decoration. Truly appreciate the nice gesture and we definitely had a great time.

Highly recommended and we will be back.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank lisachung15
Dear lisachung15,

Thank you for your great review of your experience at The Sokha Angkor Resort.

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us for your anniversary celebrations and I am glad that we were able to add to your special occasion with a beautiful room and special treats. I am pleased that you found us to be in a perfect location with many of Siem Reap’s main attraction close to the hotel, making Sokha Angkor the ideal spot for a resort break.

I look forward to welcoming you and your loved one back to Sokha Angkor soon to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.

Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Lovely place to stay. Excellent clean rooms, good breakfast and the staff were unfailingly charming. The pool was amazing after a hot day at the temples. The main eating and drinking area (Pub Street) was a 10 minute walk away but why bother when a tuk-tuk ride for 2 or 3 dollars will take you anywhere in the town. Only minor complaint would be the view from our particular room but we were hardly there in daylight. No idea about value as it was part of our modest package but thoroughly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Christopher E
Dear Christopher E,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am thrilled to know that your stay at Sokha Angkor exceeded your expectations and I am encouraged to learn that our friendly Team Members contributed to your positive experience; I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of the staff here.

As always, I look forward to welcoming you back to Sokha Angkor in the not too distance future.