Prince D'Angkor Hotel & Spa
US$49
Good 3.5/5
US$144
1,500 results
All reviewsprince d' angkorpub streetnight markettuk tuklucky mallangkor watsalt water swimming pooldeluxe roomgood sizelarge poolinternet connectionbuffet breakfastgreat poolus dollarspool viewbeautiful hotelthe air conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed 3 nights here in November. The location of the hotel is good. Hotel staff are very friendly. The swimming pool is quite nice. Otherwise i do not like the amenities of the hotel very much. Rooms are just not my style (need some renovations also).

The breakfast was very poor as for my opinion especially when i was in Vietnam before Siem Reap and got wonderful breakfast everywhere either in 4* or 5* hotels.

We got good offer from the agency so in the whole it is still good value for the money.

I hope this hotel will improve its services. It is lucky to have very friendly staff.

Best wishes

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Kami D
GM_Prince, General Manager at Prince D'Angkor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Kami D ,

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to leave a comment following your recent stay at Prince D’Angkor Hotel & Spa.

We are so delighted to hear that you had enjoyed and most satisfied with our service and hospitality. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused during your stay. The complete breakfast buffet will be review and refresh very soon.

On behalf the team of Prince D’Angkor Hotel & Spa, we thank you for your comment and looking forward to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

“You don’t get a second chance to create a first impression.” How true, and Prince d”Angkor went belly up in the first impression department. (1) My complimentary transfer from the airport turned into a 20-minute whine by a driver who wanted to know why all the tourists he gave his telephone number to never called him. The whole ride was one self-promotion for using his services and when I indicated I was not interested in tourist attractions, he was not shy about his disappointment. (2) At the front desk I indicated I had a reservation booked directly with the hotel only to be told that no superior room was available and I would have to take a deluxe room and pay an additional $30 more per night. My reaction quickly cured the receptionist of her illusions--a superior room suddenly materialized and my original room rate was confirmed. (3) After the bellman showed me how to operate the in-room safe he departed. I tried it myself and was unable to open it. Since the bellman was still in the hall, I called him back. No problem, he pulled out a key and unlocked the safe on the spot! Earth to management: giving a master key to every person who carries luggage destroys the whole concept of security for a guest’s belongings. (On the plus side, if you like the safe you can take it home since it is not attached to anything.) (4) Shortly after arrival I needed to make a local call. When I had trouble making the call, I called the front desk. I was told they would call me back; I wasn’t really surprised when the callback never came. All of this happened during the first hour of my stay: Welcome to The Prince d’Angkor.

The hotel itself is beautifully designed with a large open lobby, well-appointed, spacious rooms, and an exceptionally attractive pool area. I would describe it as comparable to a good Marriott hotel in the USA. But like an attractive woman who disappoints on better acquaintance, it has personality problems.

Unlike a Marriott, the breakfast buffet is uninspired, consisting of the usual suspects and offering limited choices. When food runs out it is not replenished. You may find that with 30 minutes remaining for breakfast there is no bacon, no potatoes, no ingredients to add to an omelet and no coffee (which is just as well since the coffee is pretty bland).

Other negatives include rock-hard mattresses that may interfere with sleep and a disco across the street where merry makers laugh and yell as they exit at 2am--take note if you have a room facing the front. The staff, on the other hand, is quite cheerful and helpful, which seems to be the norm in Cambodia.

In summary, this is a beautiful property with great potential that is not currently being realized.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front can be noisy late at night because of a nearby disco.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Anthony11234354567

Dear Anthony11234354567,

On behalf of The Management of Prince D’Angkor Hotel & Spa I would like to thank for your bringing this matter to our attention and please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenient which caused you during stay with us. We work hard on those issues every day in order to change.

We highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us to improve the service levels.

It is our goal to retain you as a satisfy customer and we hope that we can serve you again in the near future.

Bernard Houppertz – General Manager

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This hotel is conveniently located near the Pub Street and night markets. There is also a shopping mall across the street. The double room is spacious with wooden floor. The wifi is free, although the signal reception in our room is very poor. They also served a variety of foods for breakfast. They offer discount for spa, although for me it’s still pricey, as you can find many affordable massage places along the night market.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
GM_Prince, General Manager at Prince D'Angkor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Junidani ,

We are so delighted to hear that you had enjoyed and most satisfied with our service and hospitality. We are sorry for the inconvenience with the WiFi during your stay.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel November 2012 and the hotel was amazing. Stayed again January 2014 and the hotel is looking old and tired. Needs a lot of maintenance to be done which seems to be the last thing on their mind. Pool view rooms above the reception in the main building have the sun streaming through thin drapes and makes the room bright from sunrise. Great location close to night markets, shops and restaurants. Hotel restaurant is slow and the food was not great. I would recommend eating out other than included breakfast. Very slow to replenish food at breakfast time. Beds as hard as rocks.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that look down the pool not across. Higher floors are better
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mrs W
GM_Prince, General Manager at Prince D'Angkor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear Mrs W ,

On behalf of The Management of Prince D’Angkor Hotel & Spa I would like to thank for your bringing this matter to our attention and please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenient which caused you during stay with us. We work hard on that issue every day in order to change. The hotel start the renovation step by step.

We highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist to better the product and the Hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

Bernard Houppertz – General Manager

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I spent 2 nights at the hotel and 1 nighte at Somadevi Angkor Hotel next to this hotel. This hotel is in the middle of Pub Street. Pub Street is very crowded but very sceneary. My children reayy enjoyed swimming at pool. This hotel looks a little old but TV's new. Free WiFi. I bookd two rooms but rooms seperated from each other. This hotel said now is high season. I am disappinted this didn't consider all travellers situation. breakfast is quite good. Usaually wester style. a few chinese food like noodle. but my children liked foods. travellers are from several countires. I can hear english, spanish, french, chinese, japanese, korean. very diverse.

Room Tip: Spa is good. Hot spa is behind poolside. In the morning, I swim for wake-up and then I relaxed in the spa. I didn't try lucnh and dinner, If you don't have confidence ot food outside, you try food at the hotel at $10~15.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Yongjin123
GM_Prince, General Manager at Prince D'Angkor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Yongjin123,

We are so delighted to hear that you had enjoyed and most satisfied with our service and hospitality. We are sorry for the inconvenience with the separation of the rooms during your stay.